(OT)My last World Series post(until next year)

The Poojer

I know it is a cop-out to give co-mvps. but i feel the award should have been given to 4 players. Tim Wakefield, Curt Schilling, Pedro Martinez & Derek Lowe for completely shutting down the powerful bats of the cardinals. I do not feel Manny deserved MVP. Heck Damon was more deserving than ramirez(not taking anything away from MR).

I know it is a cop-out to give co-mvps.  but i feel the award should have been given to 4 players.  Tim Wakefield, Curt Schilling, Pedro Martinez & Derek Lowe for completely shutting down the powerful bats of the cardinals.  I do not feel Manny deserved MVP.  Heck Damon was more deserving than ramirez(not taking anything away from MR).

90944[/snapback]

They sure did mow 'em down.

I know it is a cop-out to give co-mvps.  but i feel the award should have been given to 4 players.  Tim Wakefield, Curt Schilling, Pedro Martinez & Derek Lowe for completely shutting down the powerful bats of the cardinals.  I do not feel Manny deserved MVP.  Heck Damon was more deserving than ramirez(not taking anything away from MR).

90944[/snapback]

Frankly it's pretty hard to single out any one player for MVP. You can make an arguement for a dozen different players. No one in Boston is disputing Manny getting it.

By the way, did you hear that the players voted Nomah a full WS share?

PTR

did they really do that for Nomar? Dammit Red Sox, you are making it awfully difficult to hate you!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly it's pretty hard to single out any one player for MVP.  You can make an arguement for a dozen different players.  No one in Boston is disputing Manny getting it.

By the way, did you hear that the players voted Nomah a full WS share?

PTR

90957[/snapback]

did they really do that for Nomar?  Dammit Red Sox, you are making it awfully difficult to hate you!!!!!!!!!!!

90985[/snapback]

Now the pressure is on the team...do they also order him a ring? I guess the two (share and ring) don't go hand in hand. Management decides who gets a ring, and I heard several players lobying for him to get one.

Don't know that he would want the ring in any case.

my problem with foulke was from game 3, he came in and gave up a hr and a few very deep balls. i had the feeling that foulke was tiring and that without a comfortable lead, foulke was about ready to "mariano rivera" it

How about Keith Foulke?  He was lights out for the Sox in the WS

90999[/snapback]

It was truly a team effort, but if you had to give it to just one player, Manny had to be the guy. 99 times out of 100, naming a co-MVP is bogus anyway. Make a decision. Like in 2001, when they named Randy and Curt co-MVPs. Um, one guy won three games, the other won one. If they won twice apiece, I might could buy it. But the fact is, Randy won his two starts, then got huge outs in the ninth (maybe the eighth too...can't remember) in Game 7. Curt pitched very well, but he stood to be the losing pitcher in Game 7 (thanks to Soriano's homer in the top of the eighth) had the D-backs not broken through against Rivera in the bottom of the ninth. Johnson came in and kept it a 2-1 game, giving Arizona the chance in the ninth.

Also Pooj....Wakefield got hammered in his only start in this year's World Series, so there's no way his name should be on your ballot.

Obviously you do not no Manny, stop talking out of your azz! gangsta attitude lol! THe guy is just a laid back dude who does not press of take things to serious. He has his downfalls but is a very talented hitter, deadly bat! The guy spends the most time in the batting cages during the year on the Sox!

Tim Wakefield had an era over 8 in the WS, I say Keith Foulke had an MVP series!

Manny is a big P.O.S. period.......he screwed the Indians.....then he got this gangsta attitude...I liked him much more when he was just  a "playa" for the Tribe!

90950[/snapback]

I will keep this in a baseball thread.  Peter Gammons says he thinks Randy Johnson is going to St. Louis.

That would be a nice fix for our starting pitching.

91332[/snapback]

Finally, one quality starter. Of course, LaRussa had Dave Stewart, Bob Welch, and Mike Moore and could only get it done once.

Finally, one quality starter.  Of course, LaRussa had Dave Stewart, Bob Welch, and Mike Moore and could only get it done once.

91344[/snapback]

I think what we need to do is this.

Trade for Johnson (we have a lot of young guys in our farm system they would want.)

Sign Kevin Millwood.

Then I can see our rotation as

Johnson

Millwood

Carpenter

Suppan

Ankiel/Harren

That wouldn't be a bad rotation. If Rick Ankeil could do what he is capable of he could easily be another ace.

Johnson will be with the Yanks and Millwood has already expressed interest in going back with the Braves.

Leo is god. Don't forget it....look at Mildew's numbers with the Phils and with the Braves....world of difference.

91404[/snapback]

Well I don't think we would sign him, but I think his numbers in Philly have more to do with a bad team around him then they do Leo. Leo is a great pitching coach, don't get me wrong at all, but the same thing happened to Darryl Kile.

He was great in Houston, won like 18 games, then went to Colorado and was horrible in ANY park he pitched in, not just Colorado. He came to St. Louis and won 20 games his first year there.

It's more about the team behind you then it is the pitching coach once you are established.