Cowher record vs Belichick and the Patriots

Willis990

What was Cowhers record against Belichek when he was the coach of the Browns...I am sure that evens out this 1-5 showing.

Bill Cowher won one super bowl because he had a talented team and a franchise QB in Ben Rothelisberger. He struggled mightily before that with Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart. The same goes for Belichek. When in Cleveland he really struggled with a talent-less team. With the Patriots he struggled with an average QB in Drew Bledsoe....Then things changed when he got his franchise QB in Brady. Bottomline, coaches need talented players to win in this league.

What was Cowhers record against Belichek when he was the coach of the Browns...I am sure that evens out this 1-5 showing.

Bill Cowher won one super bowl because he had a talented team and a franchise QB in Ben Rothelisberger. He struggled mightily before that with Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart. The same goes for Belichek. When in Cleveland he really struggled with a talent-less team. With the Patriots he struggled with an average QB in Drew Bledsoe....Then things changed when he got his franchise QB in Brady. Bottomline, coaches need talented players to win in this league.

Is Cassell a franchise QB? 11-5 is a very good record w. all the injuries

Cowher was on board when the Steelers picked Rottenburger.

Bellycheat was on board when the Pats* picked Brady.

The question I ponder almost everyday during the football season is.

"Did Cowher really win that Superbowl?"

For some reason I keep remembering two related things:

1. The week after the Comeback against Houston, the Bills went into Pittsburgh (#1 seed in the AFC that year IIRC) behind Frank Reich and wasted a well-rested Cowher team 24-3.

2. Didn't Pittsburgh blow the #1 seed two or three times under Cowher before getting hot that one year and winning the SB from the #6 slot, including that miracle giveaway by the Colts in Indy that should've knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs?

I've always thought of Cowher as a Lou Saban kind if coach -- solid, knows football, tough, understands that you win and lose with your lines, but NOT a genius. I expect a bad team he coaches to get better but he's not a god.