For all those clammorng for Cowher

Buftex

Has anybody ever mentioned that he had the best talent in the NFL for the majority of his career but was still below .500 in the postseason until Dick LeBeau came back and won him a Super Bowl?

Or posited that if he greatly underachieved with that incredible talent in P'burgh what makes anybody think that he'd do any better here with far lesser talent?

They have?

But they were simply ignored by a desperate fan base in complete denial?

Stunning! :angry:

My point was, IMO, someone like Shcottenheimer could flip this team over, and make it a contender, quicker than Cowher. I bet if we gave Jauron 14 years, he would eventually get something right too...

My point was, IMO, someone like Shcottenheimer could flip this team over, and make it a contender, quicker than Cowher. I bet if we gave Jauron 14 years, he would eventually get something right too...

Of the available choices, I am leaning towards Marty also even though in the past I have ridiculed him as a playoff choker. It is sad that, at this point, i will be happy to choke in the playoffs as at least we will be playing in January for a change. It will be great if we can have one of those whiz-kid coordinators who take their team to the playoffs in their rookie year as HC. But we have not done a great job identifying and selecting such coordinators in the recent past (Mularkey, Greg Williams). As much as I hate to say it, I long for the days of Wade Phillips.

I just wish people would be realistic.

1. Cowher will cost too much for Ralph

2. Why would Cowher want to go from working for one of the best owners in the NFL - willing to do whatever it takes to put a winner on the field - to a team who's led by an owner that is content with an eternal 8-8 record?

Cowher=pipe dream.

Except for your second point - I think RW does want a winner - you are exactly correct

Cowher made it to the Superbowl with QB's like Bubby Brister and Neal Freaking O'Donnell.

Despite having QB's that didn't belong in the NFL he consistently made it to the playoffs. Yeah, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Dude, Bubby Brister is a SS.

Get it right.

Except for your second point - I think RW does want a winner - you are exactly correct

Perhaps, I just think that he's been in the league long enough to field one. If he wanted a winner that badly, you figure it would've happened by now.

In this case, the blind squirrel doesn't find the nut.

Would you have enough patience to wait 14 years for him to win a championship? :thumbsup:

You have a valid point.

The Rooney family was definitely more patient w/ Cowher than any other owner, or even Steeler fans, were. Of course, when you win 4 Super Bowls in 6 years, your fans tend to get a bit spoiled. That's why they would call for Cowher's head after a 6-10 season and/or set up "fireCowher.com" websites. Yet the Rooneys didn't pay mind to such idiotic banter from their "fans" and instead, stuck w/ the guy even when things looked bad. But, the difference is, their "bad" years weren't anything like the Bills' years. No back to back 2-14 years, followed up w/ a 4-12 (as the Bills did my first few years of high school). Just like the 4 titles spoiled Stiller fans, the years of losing and frustration over missing the playoffs have made Bills fans just as passionate 'bout getting good performance from the coaching staff.

You have a valid point.

The Rooney family was definitely more patient w/ Cowher than any other owner, or even Steeler fans, were. Of course, when you win 4 Super Bowls in 6 years, your fans tend to get a bit spoiled. That's why they would call for Cowher's head after a 6-10 season and/or set up "fireCowher.com" websites. Yet the Rooneys didn't pay mind to such idiotic banter from their "fans" and instead, stuck w/ the guy even when things looked bad. But, the difference is, their "bad" years weren't anything like the Bills' years. No back to back 2-14 years, followed up w/ a 4-12 (as the Bills did my first few years of high school). Just like the 4 titles spoiled Stiller fans, the years of losing and frustration over missing the playoffs have made Bills fans just as passionate 'bout getting good performance from the coaching staff.

See, winning those four championships buys the Rooney family a lot of rope with Steeler fans..."they've done it before, they will do it again, trust them"...apparently losing 4 Super Bowls doesn't give Ralph as much leash with fans...the patience that the Steelers and Titans ownership have had with their coaches is unheard of in this day and age.

Now, if I was convinced that Dick Jauron was a good coach, who just has had bad breaks, I would be less inclined to want to see him fired...but, it is like someone once said, once spoiled milk goes bad, you don't go back to the fridge a few days later, expecting it to taste better.