Barrack The Magic Negro????!!!!!

Steely Dan

Are some people still this much out of touch with the sensitive racial issues in this country?

(CNN) -- Republican Party reaction is divided over the decision of a candidate for party chairman to distribute a CD that features the parody tune "Barack the Magic Negro," with the majority of Chip Saltsman's political rivals criticizing the move.

Chip Saltsman has been criticized by some of his rivals for the RNC chairmanship.

Republican National Committee Chairman Mike Duncan -- battling to keep his job as head of the party -- was the first prominent member of the GOP to criticize Saltsman for sending committee members the song.

"The 2008 election was a wake-up call for Republicans to reach out and bring more people into our party," Duncan said in a Saturday statement. "I am shocked and appalled that anyone would think this is appropriate, as it clearly does not move us in the right direction."

He is one of several candidates running to replace Duncan in the closely contested race to lead the Republican Party.

Michigan party chairman Saul Anuzis also questioned Saltsman's judgment.

"In my opinion, this isn't funny and it's in bad taste," he said in a statement. "Just as important, anything that paints the GOP as being motivated in our criticism of President-elect Obama by anything other than a difference in philosophy does a disservice to our party."

:censored::blink::blink:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are some people still this much out of touch with the sensitive racial issues in this country?

Well, "sensitive racial issues" is primarily the result of people who go out of their way to be over-sensitive, usually for profit or to deal with their 'white guilt'. David Ehrenstein pretty much nailed it back in March.

However, given their reputation and the ease at which their critics fall into hysterics, I agree it was a colossally stupid idea for anyone in the GOP to associate with the Magic Negro theory.

I think this song highly insults the office of the Presidency.

Now where's my "F the President" bumper sticker?

The thing is this: there's a difference between you saying F the president, Howard Stern playing the magic negro song, and the would-be candidate for RNC chair doing it. One of those people should understand politics and what their actions will do to them.

This guy is dead as a doornail. There goes his political life. Idiot.

The thing is this: there's a difference between you saying F the president, Howard Stern playing the magic negro song, and the would-be candidate for RNC chair doing it. One of those people should understand politics and what their actions will do to them.

This guy is dead as a doornail. There goes his political life. Idiot.

I actually agree. The song itself and how it pokes fun of the LA Times column is perfectly appropriate and not at all offensive or derogatory. But this nimrod should be smart enough to know to stay away from off color jokes of ANY type while trying to obtain a position such as this. sh--, someone applying to flip !@#$ing burgers should be smart enough to keep away from these. !@#$ing common sense.

Unfortunately, "Puff the Magic Dragon" is such a parasitically annoying musical leech of a song that I'm going to have "Barack the Magic Negro" stuck in my head all freakin' day. :angry:

I may have to resort to listening to Abba, just to get it out of my head. Thanks, you !@#$s.

Unfortunately, "Puff the Magic Dragon" is such a parasitically annoying musical leech of a song that I'm going to have "Barack the Magic Negro" stuck in my head all freakin' day. :angry:

I may have to resort to listening to Abba, just to get it out of my head. Thanks, you !@#$s.

In memory of Elliott - Tom, you are the dancing queen.

I actually agree. The song itself and how it pokes fun of the LA Times column is perfectly appropriate and not at all offensive or derogatory. But this nimrod should be smart enough to know to stay away from off color jokes of ANY type while trying to obtain a position such as this. sh--, someone applying to flip !@#$ing burgers should be smart enough to keep away from these. !@#$ing common sense.

The song parody came out in the spring when the LA Times article called him a "Magic Negro". If you listen to it, the singer is supposed to be Al Sharpton and it is he is mad because thye Messiah is "not authentic like me". It is a song mocking the liberal press and Al Sharpton. But the libs just take what is in the press and don't actually spend the energy to get the whole story.

The song parody came out in the spring when the LA Times article called him a "Magic Negro". If you listen to it, the singer is supposed to be Al Sharpton and it is he is mad because thye Messiah is "not authentic like me". It is a song mocking the liberal press and Al Sharpton. But the libs just take what is in the press and don't actually spend the energy to get the whole story.

If you have to explain a parody then it's not an effective parody. In this case its pretty easy to see it for what it is. And its not a parody by any stretch.