ralph is taking too long to fire jauron

JAMIEBUF12

i get the feeling that if ralph sits to long on firing jauron that all the sexy coaches will be long gone before he pulls the trigger on cutting jauron loose.the giants defensive coordinator is already being interviewed,scott pioli in cleveland.i would like to see jauron fired today and then the bills reaching out to marty.i imagine with mangina getting fired today we could hire martys son to be the offensive coordinator.............go bills in"09.

i get the feeling that if ralph sits to long on firing jauron that all the sexy coaches will be long gone before he pulls the trigger on cutting jauron loose.the giants defensive coordinator is already being interviewed,scott pioli in cleveland.i would like to see jauron fired today and then the bills reaching out to marty.i imagine with mangina getting fired today we could hire martys son to be the offensive coordinator.............go bills in"09.

Well, I agree that Jauron should have been fired right after the loss against the Jets, or at worst at halftime yesterday. But, another day, or two, isn't going to make the difference in hiring the next coach. And, the Bills can still talk to potential replacements before DJ is officially fired. Maybe next week, at this time, you can start worrying.

Well, I agree that Jauron should have been fired right after the loss against the Jets, or at worst at halftime yesterday. But, another day, or two, isn't going to make the difference in hiring the next coach. And, the Bills can still talk to potential replacements before DJ is officially fired. Maybe next week, at this time, you can start worrying.

He signed a 3year extenstion. Ralph likes him doesnt understand why his record isnt better than it is, the players play hard for him, the team doesnt have the talent to win, Ralph is too checap to eat 3 years maybe 2 but not three. He is still goingt o be our head coach next season B-) We will have a new OC next season and we should be able to get some "talented Players" then if we dont improve he will fire him.

Ralph is good at getting people to quit but Jauron wont quit. Sorry... I hate this reality too :P:lol:

He signed a 3year extenstion. Ralph likes him doesnt understand why his record isnt better than it is, the players play hard for him, the team doesnt have the talent to win, Ralph is too checap to eat 3 years maybe 2 but not three. He is still goingt o be our head coach next season B-) We will have a new OC next season and we should be able to get some "talented Players" then if we dont improve he will fire him.

Ralph is good at getting people to quit but Jauron wont quit. Sorry... I hate this reality too :P:lol:

And you know all this, how, exactly?

Wow. You seem very confused as to how an NFL team operates. I think Jauron will probably stay too, which is obviously the finale to the joke that this franchise has become (see Jets and their firing of Man Genius without question the day after the season ends).

Your problem is the OC thing. You really feel that Jauron will follow through the orders, fire his OC, and work efficiently with a new one? If Ralph Wilson is the old nutjob that I think he is, if Jauron stays, the OC stays. It's extremely unlikely that he goes.

But does it really matter if the sexy coaches are gone? With ralph guiding the team and paying the salaries, you're complaining that all the BMWs will be gone while shopping for a yugo.

Jauron should have been the FIRST coach fired. Maybe, just maybe, Ralph is trying to work a way to get out of the extension. Maybe I'll start my SUV and $100 bills will shoot out of the tail pipe.

Jauron should have been the FIRST coach fired. Maybe, just maybe, Ralph is trying to work a way to get out of the extension. Maybe I'll start my SUV and $100 bills will shoot out of the tail pipe.

ESPN reporting that Cowher will listen to the Jets. Cowher, Belichek, Parcells all in the division vs. JAURON.....he needs to go today....bring in Marty, at least it gives us a punchers chance against some of the best minds in the NFL.

ESPN reporting that Cowher will listen to the Jets. Cowher, Belichek, Parcells all in the division vs. JAURON.....he needs to go today....bring in Marty, at least it gives us a punchers chance against some of the best minds in the NFL.

Cowher??? Funny, Schefter just got done saying something like this about him this morning: "Give him 8, 9, 10, 15 million dollars, it won't matter. Cowher is not returning to the NFL in 2009."

Cowher??? Funny, Schefter just got done saying something like this about him this morning: "Give him 8, 9, 10, 15 million dollars, it won't matter. Cowher is not returning to the NFL in 2009."

While there usually is no question in the reliability between Schefter and ESPN...the give him 15 million dollars won't matter quote should be indicative of that mans lack of reasoning ability.

It wouldn't matter if the Jets brought in Marinelli. Jauron is incompetent. He would have to improve to become useless.

Based on next year's schedule, a re-animated Vince Lombardi would have trouble winning more than three games with this talent. Only three 2009 opponents had losing records in 2008 (Jax, Cle and KC). The Jests are likely to take a step back, but who knows if The Chin lands there. And I highly doubt the Bills pull a 'Fins or Falcons season out of their ass, no matter who's coaching...

In addition to the division games,

Home: Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Cleveland

Away: Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City

Who are these 'good' coaches that will be 'gobbled up'?

Cowher is a pipe dream.

Spagnuolo today is no different than Marvin Lewis 8 years ago.

Lewis walked into a bad situation with the Bengals. Although I wouldn't say Lewis is as mild-mannered as Jauron he does have a reserved personality. Having a reserved personality doesn't go well with coaching a team of huge egos and thugs. In addition the Bengals' problems during Lewis' time their hasn't been putting up points, they have. The problem is the defense. If I'm not mistaken Lewis also coached one of the most dominant defenses in history with the Ravens. The biggest difference between Lewis' time with the Ravens as def. coord. and his time as head coach of the Bengals is that in Baltimore defensively he had the talent to work with along with his good scheme. With the right defensive talent and an unloading of the egos and thugs I think Lewis can be very sucessful. As far as Lewis' parallel to Spagnuolo I think Spagnuolo would be coming into a much better situation here than Lewis walked into. There aren't egos in Buffalo and definitely no thugs. Spagnuolo would have a team that is more receptive to him than what Lewis has with the Bengals. As I eluded before talent level is important and if Spagnuolo came here to Buffalo he would be getting a team with more defensive talent than Lewis got and still has with the Bengals. With all that said I would love to have Spagnuolo come here but I'm sure it won't happen according to ESPN the Jets are considering him and surely they'll act quicker than us if they think he might be their man.

My theory is that Ralph would be fine with staying with Jauron but I think Ralph knows that the uproar would be to great if he dis that. To pacify the suffering fans of the Bills he probably will fire Jauron to show that there was a change but Wilson will also purposely wait just long enough so that all the good pricey canidates like Spagnuolo are taken up by other teams. Ralph will then be able to bring in another bargain basement, second tier, mediocrecoach and have us fans suffer for a few more years.

A Question on Jaurons contract extension...

If DJ is fired and then hired by another team as a DC or a DB coach, will he still continue to be paid by Wilson for the reminder of the contract or does his contract then come off the books ?

I don't care if our coach is sexy. He can weigh 300 lbs and have the face of a bull moose as long as he knows how to win.

BTW, why doesn't Dick LeBeau's name ever come up. I know he sucked in Cincy, but who hasn't. Is it that LeBeau has made it known that he wants nothing to do with being a head coach again.