Players - not JUST coaching

JimboHOF

Ok, I understand we all hate the coach.

Can we put the Jerry Sullivan kool aid down for a second ?

Has anyone thought that maybe we just dont have the players to be successful? yes i know coaching has been awful.

For example our QBs have josh reed and robert royal as ..... weapons? roscoe parrish?? Lee evans does he still play for the bills?

I dont think DC are up all night thinking of ways to scheme against these guys. I think Mitchell brought this up this mroning, need to bring in more personnel, especially at DE and WR/TE.

Has anyone thought that maybe we just dont have the players to be successful? yes i know coaching has been awful.

For example our QBs have josh reed and robert royal as ..... weapons? roscoe parrish?? Lee evans does he still play for the bills?

I dont think DC are up all night thinking of ways to scheme against these guys. I think Mitchell brought this up this mroning, need to bring in more personnel, especially at DE and WR/TE.

Melon we need ya, get your suit on! :thumbsup:

The Dolphins aren't any more talented than the Bills, yet they won four more games. Simply put, there are no more excuses for Jauron.

Who is better than Porter on our defense? no one. hes made a huge difference for them this year with timely sacks. we have chris kelsey a high motor guy.

Ronnie Brown is just as good as Lynch if not better. Jake Long is a beast, we have....?

youre right they arent much better but they are better,

Im not defending Jauron or making excuses but making the point its not all coaching, this isnt like dallas where the talent is there.

Who is better than Porter on our defense? no one. hes made a huge difference for them this year with timely sacks. we have chris kelsey a high motor guy.

Ronnie Brown is just as good as Lynch if not better. Jake Long is a beast, we have....?

youre right they arent much better but they are better,

Im not defending Jauron or making excuses but making the point its not all coaching, this isnt like dallas where the talent is there.

It's only one example, but Porter was there last year. How'd that work out? Outside of Pennington who were their major additions? (how many thought Pennington would be major?) So, what did change? Management and coaching.

Nice descriptive thread title. :thumbsup:

It's only one example, but Porter was there last year. How'd that work out?

Injured.

Outside of Pennington who were their major additions? (how many thought Pennington would be major?)

Jake Long, Kendall Langford, - Jason Taylor

So, what did change? Management and coaching.

Not only management and coaching. See above.

They got Brown back from injury this year, A legit QB, a starting LT who is getting high praise. id say adding those three important positions has a lot to do with it.

So does coaching, anyone who thinks the bills problems are JUST coaching cant see the forest from the trees.

It's only one example, but Porter was there last year. How'd that work out? Outside of Pennington who were their major additions? (how many thought Pennington would be major?) So, what did change? Management and coaching.

C'mon, now. To say that Pennington over Beck and Lemon is not the MAJOR addition to end all MAJOR additions is some serious self-serving low balling on your part.

the bills don't scheme well. thats on the coaches. they were predictable on offense and deffense. with that said there are players on the current roster who need to leave town. the offensive line is too passive so a change there would be nice. only one tight end is worth keeping and thats the rookie Fine. we realy don't need roscoe parish. they need to replace ellison at outside line backer. imo it is a combination of both players and coaches or lack of.

C'mon, now. To say that Pennington over Beck and Lemon is not the MAJOR addition to end all MAJOR additions is some serious self-serving low balling on your part.

Go back and read the posts from training camp.

Oh...way to go in missing the point of the post.

the bills don't scheme well. thats on the coaches. they were predictable on offense and deffense. with that said there are players on the current roster who need to leave town. the offensive line is too passive so a change there would be nice. only one tight end is worth keeping and thats the rookie Fine. we realy don't need roscoe parish. they need to replace ellison at outside line backer. imo it is a combination of both players and coaches or lack of.

Thats my point, its a combo of players & coaching. not JUST jauron. I dont care if he gets fired, but a new coach without new players isnt gonna be that much better. Its just not.

Go back and read the posts from training camp.

Oh...way to go in missing the point of the post.

Unless I'm mistaken, the point of your post was that it was coaching and management, not Pennington that turned them around.

Funny you mention training camp. Flood control has been enabled, so I can't look up my own posts from that time period, so never mind. It was an "I-told-you-so-moment" anyways.

our talent stacks up with any of the other teams in the AFC east. the difference imo was the coaching for the bills was supbar.

Perhaps you'd care to break it down for us, then? You know, position by position. Where exactly do we 'stack' up and where exactly do we lack?

GO BILLS!!!

let em tell you I dont listen to your local announcers I live in NE. I have not been happy with the pick of Jauron since the beginning. I gave him a shot he had 3 years to prove himself. Yes his recortd is a model of consitnecy 7-9 boy love to keep that record going. But the facts are pain and simple he had a 5-1 start to the season, he is 0-6 in his division and he didnt beat a single team witha winning record at the end of the season. To me that is a major decline considering last year he was 4-2 in the division and got at least 1 win agains a team with a winning record. Dick is a yes amn and a softy. Buffalo is suppose to be hard nosed football the reason for me being a fan I loved the toughness of them, playing in all tyoes of weather conditions and usually coming out on the rights side of things. We need a coach that wil bring an idenity to this team.

JAURON IS NOT IT PERIOD B-):P

IT'S ALL COACHING--

Players are not put in the proper schemes and position to make their talent succeed.

Players performing well but aren't starting are relegated to the bench. Starters playing poorly can't lose their position.

Coaching doesn't recognize momentum and plays too close to the vest.

Team doesn't adjust--see Cassell yesterday on fourth downs, see misdirection plays other teams run every week.

Run vanilla offense, predictable offense, no misdirection, no timing, don't take advantage of other team weaknesses

Lets not get into clock management, game preparedness, and whatnot...

The lack of aggressive defense--bend but don't break defense.

Dickie's motto of playing it close with JUST a chance to win -- see Cleveland

At least 10 other coaches in this league would have had us in the playoffs.

let em tell you I dont listen to your local announcers I live in NE. I have not been happy with the pick of Jauron since the beginning. I gave him a shot he had 3 years to prove himself. Yes his recortd is a model of consitnecy 7-9 boy love to keep that record going. But the facts are pain and simple he had a 5-1 start to the season, he is 0-6 in his division and he didnt beat a single team witha winning record at the end of the season. To me that is a major decline considering last year he was 4-2 in the division and got at least 1 win agains a team with a winning record. Dick is a yes amn and a softy. Buffalo is suppose to be hard nosed football the reason for me being a fan I loved the toughness of them, playing in all tyoes of weather conditions and usually coming out on the rights side of things. We need a coach that wil bring an idenity to this team.

JAURON IS NOT IT PERIOD B-):P

I dont disagree. The point of this thread is to highlight how we lack the horses to get us to the playoffs too. our WRs and TEs are pathetic no matter how much we love them. Its not always coaching when the same guys fail to produce under different HCs and OCs, it doesnt add up.