Must be nice to have a franchise who wants to win

youngunz

Less than 24 hours after the season ends Jets, Lions and Browns FIRE their head coaches.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR RALPH??!!??!!??!!

The Mangini firing baffles me, to be honest.

The Lions were the first team in NFL history to finish 0-16. You think we need a coaching change as bad as they do?

The Browns failed to score an offensive TD in their last SIX GAMES. They too set an NFL record- 24 consecutive quarters without an offensive TD. Are you also equating us with THAT kind of lack of productivity?

The Lions were the first team in NFL history to finish 0-16. You think we need a coaching change as bad as they do?

Possibly. Lets not forget that the Lions were 7-9 last season. Things can go south for a poorly coached team with talent issues in a hurry. I doubt the Bills are going to go 0-16 next year, but I can see them going 3-13 or 4-12 with a poor offseason this year rather easily.

The Browns failed to score an offensive TD in their last SIX GAMES. They too set an NFL record- 24 consecutive quarters without an offensive TD. Are you also equating us with THAT kind of lack of productivity?

Agree completely.

How does Mangini get fired? Two winning seasons in the last three years. The guy has Favre foisted on him--whose blunders down the stretch cost the Jets some games. This same Jets team would have had 12 wins with Pennington at QB.

In fact, I would love it if the Bills looked at Mangini as a head coach. He knows the division and has had success in it.

The Brows last offensive touchdown was against the Bills...... :thumbsup::flirt::lol: :lol:

Possibly. Lets not forget that the Lions were 7-9 last season. Things can go south for a poorly coached team with talent issues in a hurry. I doubt the Bills are going to go 0-16 next year, but I can see them going 3-13 or 4-12 with a poor offseason this year rather easily.

Aaaaah, preemption. I see. Well, we'll all know how well THAT works out! :thumbsup:

Actually- I think the Lions brought Marinelli down, not the other way around. Its a shame for them, as they may finally be in a position to turn things around. I think they pulled off a Hershel Walker type deal- ironically with Dallas. That Roy Williams trade was insanity.

Firing Mangini was sheer stupidity by the Jets. I am fine with the Crennel firing, but not Savage- Savage has put together a very talented team. I wouldn't mind if the Bills picked up Savage

Agree completely.

How does Mangini get fired? Two winning seasons in the last three years. The guy has Favre foisted on him--whose blunders down the stretch cost the Jets some games. This same Jets team would have had 12 wins with Pennington at QB.

In fact, I would love it if the Bills looked at Mangini as a head coach. He knows the division and has had success in it.

Let's not forget, he's the one that blew the whistle on The Patriots*!

The Brows last offensive touchdown was against the Bills...... :thumbsup::flirt::lol: :lol:

And as a Bills fan something like this surprises you!? :lol:

They beat us, at home, in front of the whole country, on Monday Night, when the season was on the line for us and meant nothing to them. We went 2-8 to finish, failed to score a TD on offfense in the last 3 home games, and went 7-9 for the 3rd straight season under Jauron. Damn straight I'm equating.

Aaaaah, preemption. I see. Well, we'll all know how well THAT works out! :thumbsup:

Not really. The Bills have been 7-9 for three straight seasons. On that basis alone, Jauron deserves to lose his job. Add in the strengthening of this division, a tougher schedule, and Jauron's 2-8 finish this year, it seems to me that a 3-4 win season is hardly out of the question for this team in '09.

My secret insider info is whispering in my ear that....

The Jets want to screw over the Patriots again for hiring Bill Belichick away from them.. Mangini didn't get it done.

Soooooo. you can expect Scott Pioli - Josh McDaniels - Matt Cassel to all be headed into NYC sometime soon.

Farve will retire and they need a QB. The Jets will want to try and grab Matt Cassel in free agency and throw more money at him then he has ever seen. Two Birds here!

For the NY Jets to hire someone other then a Patriot coach would nullify any anguish that NY could do to the pats so that idea is out the window.Hiring Josh McDaniels would effectively kill two birds with one stone. It hurts the Pats and helps the Jets, so yeah it works.

They beat us, at home, in front of the whole country, on Monday Night, when the season was on the line for us and meant nothing to them. We went 2-8 to finish, failed to score a TD on offfense in the last 3 home games, and went 7-9 for the 3rd straight season under Jauron. Damn straight I'm equating.

Well, yeah, when you say it like that it sounds bad. But, it's tough to win in the NFL. All the teams are good. Not that the Bills aren't good. Because those guys play hard. But, the other teams play hard too. So, it's makes it tough. Not that you wouldn't want it tough. So I wouldn't say it's bad, it's just tough.

:thumbsup:

Well, you're counting the Toronto game as a "home" game, something I doubt you did on December 8th. The Niners game was a total sh :thumbsup: t show, I'll give you that, and yesterday's game was an offensive vacuum for BOTH teams given the near hurricane winds at The Ralph.

So, while I get your point, and I think you MAY be on to something, I also think you're doing a bit of cherry picking and not really taking into account some of the non-statistical factors in the games you mention. Lest we forget the abysmal weather of the Niners game too.

Regardless, 3 out of 5 games still isn't FOUR GAMES IN A ROW.

They have a real NFL offensive line....and we matched up against it with Marcus Stroud......I'm just sayin......

Agree completely.

Perhaps you would,Ralph Wilson wouldn't! If he can't get someone for peanuts he won't hire them.

Mangini wasn't ready to be a head coach when the Jets hired him,He is now though.The guy went from secondary coach to DC in one year and then Jets HC.Mangini's biggest mistake was hiring Marty Schottenheimer's son Brian to run the offense. The guy had the best running back in the AFC and kept trying to throw every down with Farve injured.

The Jets owner basically gave Mangini an unlimited amount of cash to bring in anyone to help the team win and Mangini exceeded that limit. The Jets are expected to be 26 Mill over the cap next year.

Less than 24 hours after the season ends Jets, Lions and Browns FIRE their head coaches.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR RALPH??!!??!!??!!

And the 49ers confirmed that Singletary was given the permanent HC job in the locker room after their last game (another win). The players went banannas. That's a team moving in the right direction -- with an "unproven" coach no less!

Perhaps you would,Ralph Wilson wouldn't! If he can't get someone for peanuts he won't hire them.

Mangini wasn't ready to be a head coach when the Jets hired him,He is now though.The guy went from secondary coach to DC in one year and then Jets HC.Mangini's biggest mistake was hiring Marty Schottenheimer's son Brian to run the offense. The guy had the best running back in the AFC and kept trying to throw every down with Farve injured.

The Jets owner basically gave Mangini an unlimited amount of cash to bring in anyone to help the team win and Mangini exceeded that limit. The Jets are expected to be 26 Mill over the cap next year.

The mistake was bringing in a washed up Brett Favre and releasing Chad Pennington