To be fair to Trent

ieatcrayonz

Ah yes, the same pathetic retorts.

Let me make this clear so you can understand: I don't care who is the Bills QB as long as we win.

What I find so amusing is that you and Bill (and others) blasted JP for the same stuff you are making excuses for Trent on. Not that I expect you to see the pattern.

Actually I used to stick up for JP as well in his first couple of seasons until it became clear that he just wasn't good enough. Trent still gets a few more games before I put him in that category.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that Matt Cassel (from Northridge, CA) can play in the same weather that Trentie can't tolerate? Any excuses explanations, Trent-lickers?

Did Belichick* maybe peel that section off the field house roof and spy on our Bills installing their 'game plan'?

:thumbsup:

So we can't fault trent for yesterday's game, but yet here you bring in "individual" records. If you're going to be irrational, at least try to be consistent.

When did I say we can not fault edwards yesterday? All I am bringing up is there records as a starting qb in this league. Based on these records, Losman is more inclined to fail then Edwards is. That is no more irrational then what GG posted.

When did I say we can not fault edwards yesterday? All I am bringing up is there records as a starting qb in this league. Based on these records, Losman is more inclined to fail then Edwards is. That is no more irrational then what GG posted.

I say we bring back Flutie! :thumbsup::flirt:

agreed!! Trent may not be Jim Kelly circa 1991 right not, but he's the best we've had in years. Outside of that miserable 4 game slide he has protected the ball pretty well despite below average pass protection. He's sort of a game manager now, but thats how Roethlisberger and McNabb were there first couple years in the league. I say give him some slack, he's a smart kid who will continue to get better, until then we've got bigger fish to fry.

The only valid comparison for Edwards to Rothlisberger is that you'll never see headgear on either once they are off the football field. Ben thinnks it is cool to drive a motorcycle with no helmet while Trent does not want his pretty hair getting messy after he spent all morning on it.

I can't think of a comparison with McNabb.

The only valid comparison for Edwards to Rothlisberger is that you'll never see headgear on either once they are off the football field. Ben thinnks it is cool to drive a motorcycle with no helmet while Trent does want his pretty hair getting messy after he spent all morning on it.

I can't think of a comparison with McNabb.

Here's some inspiration for you.

"Tony Romo can't hold Joe Flacco's jock," says Randy Cross.

Here are the facts:

[b]Some JP apologists WANT Trent to fail even at the cost of the Bills losing.[/b]

If Trent succeeds it becomes more personal to them.

It just cements the fact that us so-called "Trent-lickers" know more about the game than they do and that is where all their angst stems from. Trent succeeding is basically a validation of their lack of football knowledge and instincts.

Of course, the only seasons that they both were starters for the full season, IMO, JP played better. And no, I am not saying that he is a better fit, or that we should keep him, or that he didn't suck ass this season. But with a worse line, far worse running game, and probably worse coaching, with a much worse defense, against a much tougher schedule, JP finished with the same record and better stats. One could say that it was Losman's third season and Edwards' second, but then one would also have to take into consideration most of Losman's first season was lost and that he started two years of college ball in a lousy conference and Trent started four years in the Pac 10 (meaning their experience was fairly equal).

I like Trent. I think he should stay and Losman should and must go. Trent still has a decent chance to be a high quality QB in this league, but there are a lot of question marks about him still, and he had the same problems this year as he did last year, and he needs to improve his game dramatically. There are a few things he does pretty darn well but he didn't even do those things for about half the year.

Good and solid and logical post. Too bad you wasted it in a crayonz thread (gotta love em).

Here are the facts:

JP apologists WANT Trent to fail even at the cost of the Bills losing.

Because, if Trent succeeds, it becomes more personal to them

because it just cements the fact that us so-called "Trent-lickers" know more about the game than they do...that is where all their angst stems from. The fact that Trent succeeding is basically a validation of their lack of football knowledge and instincts.

As a longstanding neutral third party in all of this QB bullsh!t, I have one question to ask so that I can play devil's advocate...

...how is Trent "succeeding"? Has his body of work addressed concerns such as he's injury prone, he can't play in adverse weather conditions (making him useless as a Bills starting QB), that he has less-than-average arm strength and that he hesitates in his decision-making often just going with the check down?

There are those who would "wash the balls of Losman" but there are also those who want answers as to why there is a double standard for evaluating QBs when some could say that Trent is not a better solution than JP, just a different one.

I for one will wait one more season before I order a #5 Edwards jersey thank you. He's done little for me to convince me that he's in the same echelon of QB as Manning, Brady, Brees, etc. that some of you have annointed him to. You'd have a hard time convincing me that he's a better QB than Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan.

As a longstanding neutral third party in all of this QB bullsh!t, I have one question to ask so that I can play devil's advocate...

...how is Trent "succeeding"? Has his body of work addressed concerns such as he's injury prone, he can't play in adverse weather conditions (making him useless as a Bills starting QB), that he has less-than-average arm strength and that he hesitates in his decision-making often just going with the check down?

There are those who would "wash the balls of Losman" but there are also those who want answers as to why there is a double standard for evaluating QBs when some could say that Trent is not a better solution than JP, just a different one.

I for one will wait one more season before I order a #5 Edwards jersey thank you. He's done little for me to convince me that he's in the same echelon of QB as Manning, Brady, Brees, etc. that some of you have annointed him to. You'd have a hard time convincing me that he's a better QB than Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan.

Notice the big word, "IF" Even in your attempt to be subjective, your "garbage man bias" slipped through.

I don't think he is better than any of those QB's but I do like his potential to be a pretty good starter for this team.

I thoroughly scanned that post, and failed to find the word "IF". ?????

:thumbsup: I just spent 5 minutes rereading that post several times, finally did a search on the page for "if". Still couldn't find it - unless you count in the word dIFferent. I thought maybe it was just me. Friggin awesome.

I thoroughly scanned that post, and failed to find the word "IF". ?????

Here, I'll find it for you:

"Some JP apologists WANT Trent to fail even at the cost of the Bills losing.

If Trent succeeds it becomes more personal to them."

Amazing how bias can alter reality.

I guess those 103 lifetime sacks and 32 fumbles were my imagination.

:thumbsup: I just spent 5 minutes rereading that post several times, finally did a search on the page for "if". Still couldn't find it - unless you count in the word dIFferent. I thought maybe it was just me. Friggin awesome.

I think he meant his post

"Here are the facts:

Some JP apologists WANT Trent to fail even at the cost of the Bills losing

It just cements the fact that us so-called "Trent-lickers" know more about the game than they do and that is where all their angst stems from. Trent succeeding is basically a validation of their lack of football knowledge and instincts."

I think he meant his post

"Here are the facts:

Some JP apologists WANT Trent to fail even at the cost of the Bills losing

It just cements the fact that us so-called "Trent-lickers" know more about the game than they do and that is where all their angst stems from. Trent succeeding is basically a validation of their lack of football knowledge and instincts."

:thumbsup: Now that is awesome!

Notice the big word, "IF" Even in your attempt to be subjective, your "garbage man bias" slipped through.

And I notice you didn't bother to ask my subjective question, which shows your "Trent bias". As if your handle didn't give you away...

As for my garbage man bias, do a little research and see that I wanted him gone at the beginning of the season as he served no purpose in a Bills uniform. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good argument, right?

Here, I'll find it for you:

"Some JP apologists WANT Trent to fail even at the cost of the Bills losing.

If Trent succeeds it becomes more personal to them."

Amazing how bias can alter reality.

I guess those 103 lifetime sacks and 32 fumbles were my imagination.

okay, gotcha now.

i don't see how heelsx2016 or whatever's post wasn't objective.

the fact that he doesn't see the "hidden talent" waiting to burst out doesn't mean that he's anti-trent, it's just that he doesn't see it, much like a lot of other people. add in the fact that he hasn't really proven much, either, and that's a perfect recipe for being questioned.