Okay folks, time to focus on the International Bowl!

PromoTheRobot

IF you haven't gotten your tickets yet, they just opened the 500 level on the UB side. Let's rock da' house!

PTR

Anyone going Friday? I will be heading out of Buffalo around 2 and looking to do some partying, where's the gathering place for UB fans?

Don't know about any specific plans, since I'm not in on this trip, but we found a good bar when we were up there for the Bills game. (Actually, the same place had been recommended to me by some friends from T.O.):

The Loose Moose

It's on Front Street, not that far west from Union Station, on your right-hand side (north) as you're walking toward the Rogers Centre.

UBfan football board

Whatever bar will be hosting UB fans shold be posted here. Lori, another bar I enjoy not far from the Loose Moose is the Jersey Giant, also on Front, about 6 blocks from the dome. I know the official UB Alumni pre-game party at the Rogers Center is sold out.

I will be traveling up Sat. morning so hopefully there will be some UB victory celebrations afterward.

PTR

as excited as i am about UB on saturday.i'm just as excited about the potential Turner Gill can acomplish with recruiting. next years team could be scary good. a lot of talent returning. i'm getting season tickets for next year. why waste my money on the so called profesional team in town. :thumbsup:

as excited as i am about UB on saturday.i'm just as excited about the potential Turner Gill can acomplish with recruiting. next years team could be scary good. a lot of talent returning. i'm getting season tickets for next year. why waste my money on the so called profesional team in town. B-)

Here is a link to get on the waiting list for 2009 season tickets.

2009 will hinge on whether they can find a new QB to replace Willy. All the candidates are redshirt freshmen, except for Zach Maynard. He was redshirted but wound up playing some this year. Schedule-wise, they should be okay. They will wind up playing some of the weaker MAC schools they missed playing this year. Their OOC schedule opens with UTEP on the road and then get Pitt at home. They have 1AA Gardiner-Webb at home then travel to Central Florida.

But as long as they have Gill and Asst HC Danny Barrett, I think they will be fine.

PTR

i believe gill has already locked up alex neutz from grang island high school. neutz is a 6 foot 3 wide out who has great hands and good speed. they also have rivers from lackawana hs and with namen coming back looks like a great wr corp. a lot of young talent on d with dominic cook st joes and shannon. they look solid in the secondary.i'd like to see them get marquis davis from ecc to play d end. who knows what turner may get. thanks for the link. :sick:

Got an email today from BillsInToronto.com, since I have Bills tickets, I can get free tickets to the Bowl game. All I gotta do is show up this week at the ticket office with my Loyalty Card. Doesn't say where those seats will be though.

End zones look sold out, so you will likely wind up in the 500's, or in the 200's on the UCONN side. UB side is sold out.

PTR

Thanks, I heard about that a while back. With WNY finally waking up to what UB has accomplished, and the Bills doing everything they can to piss off their fans, this could be the turning point for college football in Buffalo.

PTR

Where are you going to be prior to the game?

Thanks, I heard about that a while back. With WNY finally waking up to what UB has accomplished, and the Bills doing everything they can to piss off their fans, this could be the turning point for college football in Buffalo.

PTR

Bring your pads up...I will bring my stick and take some shots on you pre-game

Where are you going to be prior to the game?

Me and a friend will drive from NH/MA Friday. The plan is to stay with family, but I'm a little concerned there may be a huge crush at the border Saturday morning (kickoff is 12 noon) so I'm trying to convince my buddy to stay in NF, ON Friday night.

Either way we drive up to T.O. the day of the game. We're sitting in sec 217 row 6. Hopefully there will be festive celebrations after the game. Certainly no shortage of good pubs close to the Rogers Centre.

If you are going try to wear some UB royal blue gear. Hoping to create the "Sea of Blue" effect.

PTR

Bring your pads up...I will bring my stick and take some shots on you pre-game

Ear surgery has kept me off the ice for most of 2008. Besides I don't think you want to travle 8 hours with a bag of smelly hockey gear in the back.

But here's an idea: How about putting together a TBD hockey team and go to an adult tourney? There's one coming up in NF, ON in April.

PTR

Well I'm off to Toronto. Spending Friday night there. FYI, there is a rally at the Westin Harbor Castle Hotel at 5:30pm. Then a happy hour with the 1958 UB team at the Harbor Sports Grille at 7pm.

Last count all UCONN sold 3300 tickets but only half will get used. Meanwhile 20,000+ UB fans will be there. If you can't make it in person, be sure to watch on ESPN2 at 12 noon Saturday. GO BULLS!

PTR