WHO COULD BE OUR NEW HEAD COACH?

bills-chick

I am not sure how I feel about Haslett, but I see him as a very likely possibility, for better or worse. Wonder what the rest og the board thinks about that?

A retread that has had no sucess in the league isn't likely to make many people here happy. If we are going to hire a retread, I'de prefer one who has consistantly gotten to the playoffs.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take anybody not named Dick Jauron right about now...retread, new guy...whatever.

Last offseason my pick was Spagnuolo. Given Ralph's penny pinching when it comes to hiring head coaches, I think they'll be outbid for him now with so many head coaching openings.

So with that being said, my second pick since the iceberg hit the ship in 2008 has always been Raheem Morris. He's the 32 year old DB coach from Tampa Bay and is considered to be a fast rising star in NFL coaching circles. Yes, he's a "hotshot". I don't care either. I'll roll the dice on a hotshot. The guy came from the tough streets of Livingston NJ and is said to be very loud and very passionate about the game.

But like I said, I will take anybody right about now. I just want Dick Jauron gone.

I agree with those who suggest that Russ Grimm would be a great choice. Check him on Wikipedia - he's got great experience and I think would bring a toughness and commitment to the run game that has been lacking on this team.

Mental and physical toughness have been talked about by Williams, Mularkey and Juron, but their teams have rarely displayed it on the field. The current team does have talent, but it is soft in the core areas - offensive line, QB, D line, head coach and offensive coordinator. Any potential coach must be committed to developing a tough, smart team that is committed to the running game so that the team can be successful in the cold, rain, wind and snow of Buffalo. You have to have that commitment to the running game during all 16 games, not just the second half of the season. Poor weather should be welcomed as a competitive advantage for the Bills anywhere they play. Sadly, that is not the case with the current team.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us!" - Marv

I agree with those who suggest that Russ Grimm would be a great choice. Check him on Wikipedia - he's got great experience and I think would bring a toughness and commitment to the run game that has been lacking on this team.

Mental and physical toughness have been talked about by Williams, Mularkey and Juron, but their teams have rarely displayed it on the field. The current team does have talent, but it is soft in the core areas - offensive line, QB, D line, head coach and offensive coordinator. Any potential coach must be committed to developing a tough, smart team that is committed to the running game so that the team can be successful in the cold, rain, wind and snow of Buffalo. You have to have that commitment to the running game during all 16 games, not just the second half of the season. Poor weather should be welcomed as a competitive advantage for the Bills anywhere they play. Sadly, that is not the case with the current team.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us!" - Marv

He has worked for successful organizations and winners.

I'll take anybody not named Dick Jauron right about now...retread, new guy...whatever.

Last offseason my pick was Spagnuolo. Given Ralph's penny pinching when it comes to hiring head coaches, I think they'll be outbid for him now with so many head coaching openings.

So with that being said, my second pick since the iceberg hit the ship in 2008 has always been Raheem Morris. He's the 32 year old DB coach from Tampa Bay and is considered to be a fast rising star in NFL coaching circles. Yes, he's a "hotshot". I don't care either. I'll roll the dice on a hotshot. The guy came from the tough streets of Livingston NJ and is said to be very loud and very passionate about the game.

But like I said, I will take anybody right about now. I just want Dick Jauron gone.

Morris is the new DC in Tampa, he could take a HC job if offered one, but I wouldn't want him because even if he were good, I don't think he could assemble a good staff at this point in his career. The Bills NEED a NEW HC but also need an entirely new staff except for Bobby April.

PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If The Senator says it, you can almost count on it not being the case. He said Levy would be the coach, when he got the GM job. He said Jim Kelly would be the OC (really, Jim Kelly). Just figure that since he said it, it won't happen.

Give Bill Parcells the money and control he needs and we'd finally have a football mind capable of matching wits against Belichick. You can't pit Good Ol' Jimmy from Chess Club against Gary Kasparov.

Many people hate Parcells but if he's the closest to a sure thing if you want to turn a franchise around. Look at Miami in one season - they deserve to make the playoffs this year for many reasons, but the big one is:

Under Parcells, they had the DARING TO INNOVATE. They brought the Wildcat to the NFL, and I think I read that all but three teams tried it this year after they beat the Pats with it. And now teams are actually scouting players in this draft to employ in that scheme. Men who change the game and force others to play catch up: Those are your winners; those are your Hall of Famers.

The Bills haven't innovated anything (save for New Ways to Be Mediocre) since the early 90s, and it IS why Levy is rightfully in the Hall.

You know that Parcells has a job, right?

Morris is the new DC in Tampa, he could take a HC job if offered one, but I wouldn't want him because even if he were good, I don't think he could assemble a good staff at this point in his career. The Bills NEED a NEW HC but also need an entirely new staff except for Bobby April.

It was just given to him when Monte Kiffin agreed to go to the U of Tennessee to coach with his son....unlikely that Morris would be available right now, but you never know.

I think the best guy available is Spagnuolo.

Just heard that Russ Brandon has been named head coach. The official press release is going through final editing, but it does make reference to how pleased Ralph was that Russ caught on to the football aspects of his job in such a short period of time. He will carry the title of CEO. Ralph was also adamant to point out out that he is doing his fair share in reigning in the run away economics of the NFL in difficult economic times. He also took a parting shot at DJ saying that he expected more from a Yalie, but was cognizant enough that Marv made the recommnedation to protect the Harvard image. Well, I guess this was pretty close to what I had expected.

A retread that has had no sucess in the league isn't likely to make many people here happy. If we are going to hire a retread, I'de prefer one who has consistantly gotten to the playoffs.

Hence the name Jim Fassel!! His record speaks for itself. Why has teams blackballed this guy? My second choice would be Mariucci. No rookie HC for this team, PLEASE!!