High Winds/Fieldhouse Roof

SectionC3

FYI for those going to today's game. Early word on the street is that part of the roof of the Fieldhouse has blown off. Many pre-game festivities involving tents or similar "structures" have been cancelled; part of the drive near the Fieldhouse (Drive 1?) may be closed (no word on that yet; haven't heard anything on the pre-game broadcast).

FYI for those going to today's game. Early word on the street is that part of the roof of the Fieldhouse has blown off. Many pre-game festivities involving tents or similar "structures" have been cancelled; part of the drive near the Fieldhouse (Drive 1?) may be closed (no word on that yet; haven't heard anything on the pre-game broadcast).

Cool. Love to go out there, but temperature has dropped about 30 degrees since 7 AM. Wind chill is now 20. Looking forward to the couch.

Cool. Love to go put there, but temperature has dropped about 30 degrees since 7 AM. Wind chill is now 20. Looking forward to the couch.

Took my dog out at 5:30 this morning, had to be 70 degrees outside. Still can not believe there is no snow on the ground anymore. Earlier this week there was 7 foot snow piles on my corner. Wind is crazy today. Glad I sold my tickets.

Happened about 8:20 a.m.; sat in my car in Lot 1 and saw that section peel off, then watched it take out a transformer over on California Rd. No power in the stadium for a while, and cell service was disrupted, as were most of the pregame broadcasts. (Obviously, no festivities inside the fieldhouse.)

When I walked into Danny's to say hi to the GR crew at 9:45 or thereabouts, I told Howard about the rumor I'd heard regarding the possibility of delaying the game because the goalposts had blown down. He tried to get confirmation before he went on the air, but before he heard back, we saw the live shot on ESPN. So, he spent most of his first two segments (I wandered back to the lot after the second one) talking about the weather instead of the game while his producer tried to get their server back online so he could take phone calls.

All in all, an ... interesting ... morning.

Happened about 8:20 a.m.; sat in my car in Lot 1 and saw that section peel off, then watched it take out a transformer over on California Rd. No power in the stadium for a while, and cell service was disrupted, as were most of the pregame broadcasts. (Obviously, no festivities inside the fieldhouse.)

When I walked into Danny's to say hi to the GR crew at 9:45 or thereabouts, I told Howard about the rumor I'd heard regarding the possibility of delaying the game because the goalposts had blown down. He tried to get confirmation before he went on the air, but before he heard back, we saw the live shot on ESPN. So, he spent most of his first two segments (I wandered back to the lot after the second one) talking about the weather instead of the game while his producer tried to get their server back online so he could take phone calls.

All in all, an ... interesting ... morning.

Ben and I spent an hour hiding from security inside the Bills Store... :lol:

Ben and I spent an hour hiding from security inside the Bills Store... :lol:

I bailed to Danny's for much the same reason -- I wasn't standing outside for five hours in that mess -- although I've been intending to wander over there and say hi for most of the season. (Best laid plans, and all that.) And wouldn't you know, Andy wasn't there today. Ah well ...