Russ Brandon

thewildrabbit

From PFW:

What is (Bills chief operating officer ) Russ Brandon doing on the road, trying to parade around as a football guy and pretend he knows what he is looking at? Look at his contracts — he can’t even take care of business in his own field. What makes him think he can evaluate? He’s a bean counter. He has no business pretending he knows talent.”

The Bills will hire Matt Millen next :rolleyes:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...udibles2324.htm

I was pretty happy reading this. At least someone gets it. This is far from a playoff caliber defense. :rolleyes:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...+It/default.htm

Buffalo

Dec. 25, 2008 By Matt Sohn

Bills offense in better shape than defense entering offseason

In football, only so much can be gleaned from numbers. Case in point, the Bills. Buffalo ranks 25th in the NFL in offense, averaging 307.1 yards per game, and its defense ranks 20th giving up 331.7 yards a contest. Yet the obvious need to upgrade player personnel this offseason won't be zoned in on the offensive side. With the exception of tight end, the Bills are mostly pleased with the performers on that side of the ball, and remain confident that their current group has the ability to take the offense to the next level. The defense, the statistically superior unit, can expect to see a good amount of changes. Much of the front seven has produced subpar play in a season that fell apart at the seams following a 5-1 start, with only MLB Paul Posluszny and DT Marcus Stroud earning high marks for their work.

I was pretty happy reading this. At least someone gets it. This is far from a playoff caliber defense. :rolleyes:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...+It/default.htm

Buffalo

Dec. 25, 2008 By Matt Sohn

Bills offense in better shape than defense entering offseason

In football, only so much can be gleaned from numbers. Case in point, the Bills. Buffalo ranks 25th in the NFL in offense, averaging 307.1 yards per game, and its defense ranks 20th giving up 331.7 yards a contest. Yet the obvious need to upgrade player personnel this offseason won't be zoned in on the offensive side. With the exception of tight end, the Bills are mostly pleased with the performers on that side of the ball, and remain confident that their current group has the ability to take the offense to the next level. The defense, the statistically superior unit, can expect to see a good amount of changes. Much of the front seven has produced subpar play in a season that fell apart at the seams following a 5-1 start, with only MLB Paul Posluszny and DT Marcus Stroud earning high marks for their work.

Sometimes numbers don't tell the entire story tho

Take the Denver game- Bills offense 275 total yards -VS- Denver offense 532 yards

Time of possession Bills 26:49 Denver 33:11

Credit the Bills Defense holding the Broncos to 3 field goals,one missed FG and one drive ended on downs and they got 2 turnovers.

RB should stick to handling the business/marketing side of this team. He can keep doing those Time Warner commercials, but he's no substitute for a genuine football person who knows how to run that side of the operation.

If nothing changes this off-season in the front office and in coaching, it's clear he's just a face for the organization. Not sure RW will let him make decisions that must be made.

Not having your best lineman (Schobel) and your best linebacker (Crowell) the entire season has nothing to do with this?? Ellison and Denney are bad 2nd string guys and we've had to play them all year. Talent is key on defense. I argue that our two most talented defensive players were out all year. Everyone forgets how well Crowell performed in 2007. Pray these two guys are back at near full strength for next year and they stay on the field. Schobel will be ready to roll and probably a little heavier (good) and hopefully the Bills get their head out of the ground on Crowell and sign him and not let him walk...

I'm not sure what "source" that is from, but they clearly don't know what they are talking about. Brandon doesn't scout players, and never has. He doesn't handle contracts, either. That's overdorf. Clearly whoever wrote this doesn't know how the Bills organization is aligned. And neither do you.

From PFW:

What is (Bills chief operating officer ) Russ Brandon doing on the road, trying to parade around as a football guy and pretend he knows what he is looking at? Look at his contracts — he can’t even take care of business in his own field. What makes him think he can evaluate? He’s a bean counter. He has no business pretending he knows talent.”

I'm not sure what "source" that is from, but they clearly don't know what they are talking about. Brandon doesn't scout players, and never has. He doesn't handle contracts, either. That's overdorf. Clearly whoever wrote this doesn't know how the Bills organization is aligned. And neither do you.

Agree completely.

Russ is being sent out on scouting trips during the season.

From PFW:

But, Millen is a football guy!

Not having your best lineman (Schobel) and your best linebacker (Crowell) the entire season has nothing to do with this?? Ellison and Denney are bad 2nd string guys and we've had to play them all year. Talent is key on defense. I argue that our two most talented defensive players were out all year. Everyone forgets how well Crowell performed in 2007. Pray these two guys are back at near full strength for next year and they stay on the field. Schobel will be ready to roll and probably a little heavier (good) and hopefully the Bills get their head out of the ground on Crowell and sign him and not let him walk...

Schobel was the Bills' best lineman 2 years ago, now he looks old and washed up. Relying on him to be 2006 Schobel in 2009 is a mistake

Schobel was the Bills' best lineman 2 years ago, now he looks old and washed up. Relying on him to be 2006 Schobel in 2009 is a mistake

While I'm not sure he is "washed up", he probably won't be the same guy after the surgery. I hear (from a little birdie) he may not even be ready for 2009, by the way,.

nobody does- including the Bills

there is no accountability, except to the almighty dollar

From PFW:

He probably knows baseball talent more than football talent

but that's what happens you hire a baseball marketing guy to run your football team

nobody does- including the Bills

there is no accountability, except to the almighty dollar

Why do you think the Bills don't know, and that there is no accountability? Just because the structure isn't transparent to fans, doesn't mean a real structure, with responsibilities and accountability doesn't exist.

Why do you think the Bills don't know, and that there is no accountability? Just because the structure isn't transparent to fans, doesn't mean a real structure, with responsibilities and accountability doesn't exist.

You are right - the Bills do know that they have created a teflon shield to protect all members of the clown show. No one takes responsibility and no one can be held accountable by the outside world.

I guess your definition of accountability does not include the quality of the talent the front office has acquired and put on the field.

Any objective analysis of the player moves would demand that the talent evaluators who have been butchering personnel decisions for 8 years be replaced.

let the clown show continue

You are right - the Bills do know that they have created a teflon shield to protect all members of the clown show. No one takes responsibility and no one can be held accountable by the outside world.

I guess your definition of accountability does not include the quality of the talent the front office has acquired and put on the field.

Any objective analysis of the player moves would demand that the talent evaluators who have been butchering personnel decisions for 8 years be replaced.

let the clown show continue

Honestly, the only thing I think I know is that you are clueless when it comes to the Bills FO. They deserve criticism, for sure, but you seem to have no idea what they do, or don't do, internally. Like a typical idiot-fan, you make accusations you cannot support, and blast away because they have lost. You might want to stop sending SCUDS and try some targeted attacks, that make sense, instead.

Pro Football Weekly the magazine has been around for 30+ years. I can recall it being about the ONLY weekly news magazine that had credible info and news about the Bills in forever.

There is a link to click on and it states its from Profootballweekly,It also states

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

If you read it at "PFW" its more then likely true.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...udibles2324.htm]

Pro Football Weekly the magazine has been around for 30+ years. I can recall it being about the ONLY weekly news magazine that had credible info and news about the Bills in forever.

There is a link to click on and it states its from Profootballweekly,It also states

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

If you read it at "PFW" its more then likely true.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...udibles2324.htm]

I don't doubt SOMEBODY said that. But, it might be TD, for all we know.

From PFW:

This was posted before, link. As was said in that thread, an anonymous thread isn't the best source. I think everyone knows that Brandon isn't a true "football guy", and I would doubt he pretends to be....