Rich Stadium

major

I've never been able to get used to calling our stadium "RALPH WILSON" or "THE RALPH". I can still hear Miller saying "welcome to Rich Stadium" in my mind. It will always be Rich to me. If our team is so strapped for cash that we have to play one game per year in Toronto, why didn't Ralph sell the naming rights to the stadium a few years back instead of naming it after himself.

I've never been able to get used to calling our stadium "RALPH WILSON" or "THE RALPH". I can still hear Miller saying "welcome to Rich Stadium" in my mind. It will always be Rich to me. If our team is so strapped for cash that we have to play one game per year in Toronto, why didn't Ralph sell the naming rights to the stadium a few years back instead of naming it after himself.

Ralph did not name the stadium after himself.

Ironically, RW was among the first to sell naming rights when Rich Products paid to put its name on the stadium. I know what you mean when you can still hear Van Miller and "welcome to Rich Stadium." Better days indeed!

GO BILLS!!!

Me too...

And while we are at it...I think also think the Bills are going to win every game they play!!

we weren't cursed before that? :doh:

on 2nd thought it sounds to me like we should demolish the place and build a 46000 seat stadium downtown.

Okay, the curse started in 1846 with the birth of Ralph Wilson :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, but I don't much care if the place is named after Ralph - he probably deserves to have his name on it more than Bob Rich. I doubt there's a WNY company that would pay upwards of $75M for naming rights, which is what RW got for the Toronto deal. Plus, the Bills are less likely to leave WNY for the Left Coast if they're contractually obligated to play in Toronto for the next 5 years.

That's right. If there was no Ralph, you wouldn't have to suffer, as there would be no Buffalo Bills.

you are right

we would have had a team with a different name, a different owner, a different priority and probably a much more consistently competitive team

Ralph and Brandon have played this extortion angle to the max.

put a quality team on the field - the fans deserve more than extortionist threats and moving games against key rivals out of the country

you are right

we would have had a team with a different name, a different owner, a different priority and probably a much more consistently competitive team

Ralph and Brandon have played this extortion angle to the max.

put a quality team on the field - the fans deserve more than extortionist threats and moving games against key rivals out of the country

W/O Ralph, Buffalo would have no team. You can count on that.

Damned straight.

That old bastard passes away (soon?) and we'll either have a real owner or we'll be done with this joke of a franchise.

Why does a Bronco's fan care, anyway?