Weather for Sunday's Game

DieHardFan

Just checking weather at accuweather site for the trip in on Sunday and saw the following:

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY

328 PM EST FRI DEC 26 2008

...ANOTHER ROUND OF DAMAGING WINDS POSSIBLE SUNDAY...

.A COMPLEX AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL BEGIN TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE

PLAINS TONIGHT. THIS LOW WILL CONSOLIDATE OVER THE MID MISSISSIPPI

VALLEY SATURDAY THEN MOVE INTO THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES AND RAPIDLY

STRENGTHEN BY SUNDAY MORNING. THE STRONG LOW WILL CONTINUE INTO

WESTERN QUEBEC BY SUNDAY EVENING. A POWERFUL COLD FRONT TRAILING

THIS AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO CROSS WESTERN NEW YORK

DURING THE MID TO LATE MORNING THEN REACH THE EASTERN LAKE ONTARIO

REGION BY EARLY TO MID AFTERNOON.

AS THE STRONG COLD FRONT PASSES THE REGION...WINDS WILL SHIFT TO

THE SOUTHWEST AND RAPIDLY INCREASE. THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE

EXPECTED TO BE NORTHEAST OF LAKES ERIE AND ONTARIO...INCLUDING

AREAS FROM BUFFALO TO ROCHESTER AND WATERTOWN. THE STRONGEST WINDS

ARE LIKELY TO OCCUR FROM LATE MORNING THROUGH EARLY EVENING ACROSS

WESTERN NEW YORK...AND FROM EARLY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE EVENING

EAST OF LAKE ONTARIO. NYZ001>003-010>012-019-085-270430-

/O.NEW.KBUF.HW.A.0003.081228T1400Z-081229T0400Z/

NIAGARA-ORLEANS-MONROE-NORTHERN ERIE-GENESEE-WYOMING-CHAUTAUQUA-

SOUTHERN ERIE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NIAGARA FALLS...MEDINA...ROCHESTER...

BUFFALO...BATAVIA...WARSAW...JAMESTOWN...ORCHARD PARK...

SPRINGVILLE

328 PM EST FRI DEC 26 2008 ...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY

EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A HIGH WIND

WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY

EVENING.

SOUTH WINDS WILL SHIFT TO THE SOUTHWEST AND RAPIDLY INCREASE INTO

THE 30 TO 40 MPH RANGE LATE SUNDAY MORNING. GUSTS OF 50 TO 55 MPH

ARE LIKELY FROM LATE SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY EVENING

WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR A FEW DAMAGING GUSTS TO 60 MPH. STRONG

WINDS WILL CONTINUE INTO SUNDAY EVENING BEFORE SUBSIDING

OVERNIGHT.

A HIGH WIND WATCH MEANS THAT THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR STRONG

DAMAGING WINDS TO DEVELOP. THESE STRONG WINDS COULD BRING DOWN

TREES AND POWER LINES AS WELL AS CAUSE PROPERTY DAMAGE. IF A HIGH

WIND WARNING IS ISSUED...STAY INSIDE...AND AWAY FROM WINDOWS. BE

PREPARED FOR TREES BLOCKING ROADWAYS AND POWER OUTAGES. STAY

TUNED TO WEATHER RADIO OR THE OTHER RADIO AND TV STATIONS FOR

FURTHER DETAILS OR UPDATE

Are the local guys saying the same thing?

Just checking weather at accuweather site for the trip in on Sunday and saw the following:

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY

328 PM EST FRI DEC 26 2008

...ANOTHER ROUND OF DAMAGING WINDS POSSIBLE SUNDAY...

Yipes!

Should be entertaining to watch pass attempts...

Yipes!

Should be entertaining to watch pass attempts...

Not to mention the huge crown on the field.

I've read the threads about boycotting the game this Sunday. That is BS. Show up early, tailgate, and then make Rich Stadium rock.

I know you Bills fans have an irrational hatred for the Pats right now but I had the same hatred for Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Tulley, Bennett, Tasker, etc.

What comes around goes around. Look up the '90 to '94 seasons and what the Bills did to the Pats.

If the winds are as strong as predicted, any chance the game does not get played on Sunday? Could be dangerous if gusts really reach 60 mph.

If you fly mylar balloons near the stadium early sunday afternoon, then maybe.

Bills pass attempts are ALLWAYS entertaining.

Yep.....and this was all the quarterbacks and receivers needed to close out their year. It sure could be interesting for all of the punters too ( minus yards vs 85 yards ) ALSO ..... sure makes that famous issue of the year DEFERRING after winning the coin toss.

Yep.....and this was all the quarterbacks and receivers needed to close out their year. It sure could be interesting for all of the punters too ( minus yards vs 85 yards ) ALSO ..... sure makes that famous issue of the year DEFERRING after winning the coin toss.

Whoever wins the toss better pick the wind in the 4th. If they have an ounce of brains.

NE* can't be happy about the high wind forecast. If it comes - and it seems pretty sure - it affects both club's pass game, and that will hurt them more.

Knocking them out of the playoffs would be a more satisfying ending to a bittersweet season.

Like Gollem said: "We Hates Them.". :blush:

If you fly mylar balloons near the stadium early sunday afternoon, then maybe.

The Bills put Jersey barriers around the power poles so Mylar ballons should be no problem. The problem could be the pole tents including the 20x60 foot BudLight party in Parking Lot # 2. Another problem could be that Pinto Kenny not getting cover with Mustard due to high wind deflection!

You cry about weather for gameday come Sunday, you cry about Buffalo playing in Toronto Sky Dome for the Miami game. Man cant make anyone happy around here......

besides when the last time the temp has been over 50 degrees in Buffalo near January?

Take the skirt off Nancy enjoy the game!

You cry about weather for gameday come Sunday, you cry about Buffalo playing in Toronto Sky Dome for the Miami game. Man cant make anyone happy around here......

besides when the last time the temp has been over 50 degrees in Buffalo near January?

Who is "You" that your refering to?

See you in Lot 1 tomorrow, right?

See you in Lot 1 tomorrow, right?

Hammer I was reffering to the guy who posted this......and Lori, I wont be at the game, I have tickets but my brother in law and his friend are going in my place. I have to work, im a Developmental Aide for the State of New York, and I started a new position this weekend. Trust me I have been to plenty of game where the weather was terrible. I attended a preseason game in the pooring rain, I went to the Monday Night game in the freezing cold......weather dont bother a big guy like myself. Hell I played football in shorts 3 years ago in 22 inches of snow in Jamestown for Flag football nationals.....

But for real I cant remember a time when the temp was 40 or above pushing January in Buffalo.......I really cant.....

Next year id love to tailgate with you guys, if I have the invite.....

Hammer I was reffering to the guy who posted this......and Lori, I wont be at the game, I have tickets but my brother in law and his friend are going in my place. I have to work, im a Developmental Aide for the State of New York, and I started a new position this weekend. Trust me I have been to plenty of game where the weather was terrible. I attended a preseason game in the pooring rain, I went to the Monday Night game in the freezing cold......weather dont bother a big guy like myself. Hell I played football in shorts 3 years ago in 22 inches of snow in Jamestown for Flag football nationals.....

But for real I cant remember a time when the temp was 40 or above pushing January in Buffalo.......I really cant.....

Next year id love to tailgate with you guys, if I have the invite.....

Always. Come and find out whether I'm just as obnoxious in person. :angry:

For future reference, directions are posted over on the tailgate board.

And I'm not going to look it up, but I think the temp was near 50 when Rob Johnson beat the Colts to set up the Flutie benching (1/2/00). Wasn't too bad for the Pitt game a couple of years ago, either. In fact, I think I've sat through worse weather in October than I ever have in January up there. (This, of course, comes with the caveat that I didn't attend the below-zero playoff game in '94.)

Don't know that anyone's crying about the weather, but it doesn't hurt to give people a heads-up on same so they know what to pack (besides the beer, of course) ...

Edited by Lori
I hate typos ...

And I'm not going to look it up, but I think the temp was near 50 when Rob Johnson beat the Colts to set up the Flutie benching (1/2/00).

Okay, I will since I remember needing just a sweatshirt for that game...

From the 2000 Media Guide, it was Partly Sunny and 54 degrees at game time.