Trent Edwards.... Verdict on Denver game????

AnthonyF

I have not read or searched all the posts, but thought I'd give my thoughts on Sunday's game vs Denver.

Again one of the worst defenses and we again basically sleep walk through the first half. TE looked good from late in the second quarter and loved the win (especially because I want to see SD win the division).

But why oh why is the offense so bad overall. Against some of the worst defenses this year we have struggled or put up mediocre #'s at best.

Do people think this is okay? Saw a lot good from Edwards Sunday, but again where is that 300 yard game? Any other team not throw for 300 this year (probably Raiders and the Titans is the only team I can think of)?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards is really really young and inexperienced. Guys that young are almost always inconsistent, and that is both Trent and JP, to a T. JP is gone, but Trent will be here next year. Expect more inconsistency. There's a pretty decent chance the guy could be a good one, but it simply takes a while, especially when your supporting cast is decent rather than excellent, and mostly as young as you are.

Sunday's game was definitely a step forward for TE. He took a couple of serious hits in that game and hung in there. He has been very inconsistent in his first two seasons though. I would obviously like to see him and the team end this season on a high note with a solid performance against the Patsies.

Guest dog14787
Edwards is really really young and inexperienced. Guys that young are almost always inconsistent, and that is both Trent and JP, to a T. JP is gone, but Trent will be here next year. Expect more inconsistency. There's a pretty decent chance the guy could be a good one, but it simply takes a while, especially when your supporting cast is decent rather than excellent, and mostly as young as you are.

Good points

To me, if you take away TE's concussion and you put him in a better offense with a good TE for a security blanket you have about the same fast start as big Ben for the Steelers.

The IT factor, and TE's got it :unsure:

One things for sure, TE has become the leader of the team and he leads by example. The Buffalo Bills will follow TE into battle anywhere and TE will follow his coach Dick Jauron. Something good is brewing in Buffalo, its a slow cooker but somethings brewing and its going to taste real good when its done.

Ralph Wilson would do well by leaving things alone. :thumbsup:

Sunday's game was definitely a step forward for TE. He took a couple of serious hits in that game and hung in there. He has been very inconsistent in his first two seasons though. I would obviously like to see him and the team end this season on a high note with a solid performance against the Patsies.

Very inconsistent? When will you people take the blinders off? Trent Edwards has been lights out for a 2nd year QB, to compare his game to JP is insulting. Have you ever watched the 'great' QBs early in their careers?? Trent will be a great QB in this league.

Good points

The IT factor, and TE's got it :thumbsup:

Ralph Wilson would do well by leaving things alone. <_<

Not sure he's got it. It looked like he certainly HAD it, at one point early in the season, but for the majority of the season, I'd say he lost it. TE needs to be consistent in health, accuracy and the ability to throw down field and stop checking down so much before anyone can say he's got it.

As far as leaving things alone, I dont know about you but I think 3 seasons of 7-9 (I cant see thm beating the Pats) is evidence enough that the status quo is just not good! :unsure:

Guest dog14787
Not sure he's got it. It looked like he certainly HAD it, at one point early in the season, but for the majority of the season, I'd say he lost it. TE needs to be consistent in health, accuracy and the ability to throw down field and stop checking down so much before anyone can say he's got it.

As far as leaving things alone, I dont know about you but I think 3 seasons of 7-9 (I cant see thm beating the Pats) is evidence enough that the status quo is just not good! :unsure:

We need an OC not a HC

I understand you might be limited having only watched one Bills QB in your football history but maybe you should get some tapes of some other QBs and then evaluate TE.

If your talent evaluation skill is so great, why are you not employed by an NFL team? Why did Trent Edwards last until the 3rd round if you knew he was going to be a "great QB in this league"? Fact of the matter is, you don't know sh-- and neither do most of the other schmucks on the internet. I call them how I see them, and it is obvious you're being a, for lack of a better word, trent edwards ballwasher.

Answer #1: Scoreboard.

Answer #2: 30 points is quite good.

If you would like to obsess over QB stats, that is fine. However, Trent made plays when he had to, and put points on the board when he needed to, and didn't turn the ball over. Compare that performance to that of the worst Bills QB in 20 years - JP Losman.

I have not read or searched all the posts, but thought I'd give my thoughts on Sunday's game vs Denver.

Again one of the worst defenses and we again basically sleep walk through the first half. TE looked good from late in the second quarter and loved the win (especially because I want to see SD win the division).

But why oh why is the offense so bad overall. Against some of the worst defenses this year we have struggled or put up mediocre #'s at best.

Do people think this is okay? Saw a lot good from Edwards Sunday, but again where is that 300 yard game? Any other team not throw for 300 this year (probably Raiders and the Titans is the only team I can think of)?

Guest dog14787
If your talent evaluation skill is so great, why are you not employed by an NFL team? Why did Trent Edwards last until the 3rd round if you knew he was going to be a "great QB in this league"? Fact of the matter is, you don't know sh-- and neither do most of the other schmucks on the internet. I call them how I see them, and it is obvious you're being a, for lack of a better word, trent edwards ballwasher.

A blind man could see the potential in TE all things combined, he's got great written all over him so get real. :unsure:

We need an OC not a HC

I certainly agree, but this HC picked the OC. As well as the one before him. And if you go back to his Chicago days, his two choices there were also failures.

It takes more than having players like you to be a good head coach. You have to have your team prepared (many times they havent, e.g. 3-4 defenses), you have to make good game time decisions (poor clock managment, his call on the Jets game, etc), and you have to make good picks irt your coaching staff. Fewell has been okay, but again all the OCs? Let the records speak for themselves.

I really don't understand your obsession with the 300 yard thing. Bottom line is that the Bills scored more points than the Broncos and they won the game. The offence put up 30 points and that is not bad by any standard. I don't give a damn whether Trent throws for 300 or 3 yards as long as the Bills outscore the opposition. Would you rather he had thrown for 300 yards and they lost the game?

What does Trent Edwards lasting until the 3rd Round have to do with how he has played in the NFL? I "knew he would be a great QB in the NFL' after watching him play hist first season, not in college, I don't care when he was drafted. It doesn't take a genius to see that, the same way it didn't take a genius to know JP would never be better than average in this league (I've said this for years while the same people 'ballwash' him).

You call them how you see them, which is usually wrong. BTW, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round.

I don't understand the fascination with the 300 yard game. I would prefer that no Buffalo QB ever throws for 300 yards. It's usually a sign that you've been forced to abandon your running game due to a deficit.

The ideal game for a quarterback involves efficiency, not total yardage. Trent had a very good yard per attempt, didn't make any mistakes and had a very efficient day in general, something which his QB rating reflects. How would throwing for a 300 yards have been an improvement on his performance?

Drew Brees consistently has "the big game", and they're not having any better of a season than us. 300 yard games for a QB occur when you've got a really really bad defense, or when your game plan is dominated by the pass. Two of our best players are our RBs, and as long as Lynch and Jackson are around, our offensive game plan should be 50% run, 50% pass.

Guest dog14787
I certainly agree, but this HC picked the OC. As well as the one before him. And if you go back to his Chicago days, his two choices there were also failures.

It takes more than having players like you to be a good head coach. You have to have your team prepared (many times they havent, e.g. 3-4 defenses), you have to make good game time decisions (poor clock managment, his call on the Jets game, etc), and you have to make good picks irt your coaching staff. Fewell has been okay, but again all the OCs? Let the records speak for themselves.

We are talking about a defensive minded coach so it doesn't surprise me Jauron would struggle when evaluating OC's and the type offense they will use.

Turk Shonert is a good coach trying to impliment a bad system in my opinion. Can Shonert handle designing a West Coast type offense? If not, then we need someone who can. Jauron must realize this so I would hope he has a plan for the off season that will get the Buffalo Bills back on the right track.

I really don't understand your obsession with the 300 yard thing. Bottom line is that the Bills scored more points than the Broncos and they won the game. The offence put up 30 points and that is not bad by any standard. I don't give a damn whether Trent throws for 300 or 3 yards as long as the Bills outscore the opposition. Would you rather he had thrown for 300 yards and they lost the game?

Exactly. But the same clowns here will scan the boxscores and likely didn't even watch the game. I couldn't care less how many yards he passes for, he manages the game properly and doesn't put his team in constant bad situations like JP does. There's a lot more to playing QB than the yards you pass for.

Why don't you just bump one of your other 20 threads about the same thing :unsure: 300 yards passing and a loss is good right?