(OT) What's Your Ebay Feedback Rating???

Rico

539, with two negatives! One my fault, the other, the buyer was full of crap. Said she tried to mail me payment 3 times, but it came back undeliverable each time. But, she never responded to any of my emails, or emailed me she was having trouble.

The one that was my fault was one where I sent payment to the wrong seller....he never emailed me, but left negative feedback. I sent him payment after that, and the transaction was completed.

Just curious, since we are on the topic of EBAY, how long do you wait for something to arrive, and how many emails do you let go unresponded too, before leaving negative feedback?

Just curious, since we are on the topic of EBAY, how long do you wait for something to arrive, and how many emails do you let go unresponded too, before leaving negative feedback?

89959[/snapback]

Depends on whether or not you want negative feedback yourself. A lot of people just cut their losses & move on.

Depends on whether or not you want negative feedback yourself. A lot of people just cut their losses & move on.

89980[/snapback]

Yeah, I see your point. I have only been ripped off 3 times on the 1000 or so items I have purchased, but I have had to wait a long time on a few things. Currently, I have an item I paid for back on Sept. 23rd, using Paypal, and to date, no item, and no responses to emails. I see that he has been left 4 other negative emails this week...not sure that it is worth leaving negative feedback. It was only $26, but it still pizzes me off.

480 - 100% positive. I have a rule, I do not leave feedback until the other person has done so first. Otherwise you leave yourself open to negs. The other person will think twice about leaving you a negative if they haven't yet received feedback from you. I have had to deal with deadbeats, but if they haven't left me feedback, then I'm not going to risk getting a neg in return. Not worth it imo. If you pay promptly and ship promptly, you won't have any problems. As a seller, I haven't always gotten paid for auctions, but I've always gotten what I paid for as a buyer. And I never buy anything from anyone with less than 25 feedback or from someone with high ratio of negs (more than 2 for every 100).

anyone ever get screwed by someone with really good feedback? shortly after buying and receiving a jersey from someone (probably a month later) i checked again since i got a deal...i noticed that the guy's feedback started going totally downhill with people claiming to have sent payments without receiving any item...now he's not a registered user...turns out some people get really high feedbacks and then sell their username to someone else, who uses it to rip people off