Ko Simpson - Odd Man out

Ok: yesterdays win win as Dick Jouran would say a nice win, they did a nice job and they played hard.

Enough of that, I want to talk about Ko Simpson. Ko is a decent player and he has made some plays for our team in the last 3 years however, he is injury prone and he is far from a stud safety.

Here is my thought. Terrance McGee is aging and a move to safety is in his futurenext season. Jabari, McKelvin, Youbouty and Corner duke it out for the 2 starting corners, with the losers being the nickle corner and dime corner. All will see playing time, as they will be injuries.

Whitner and McGee man the safty spots, and Ko and George are the backups. That leaves Welding will he ever play defense or is he a carer special teamer ? And what about Scott, he is a physical player who hits hard, but is sometimes out of position. he is a bubble guy perhaps, him and Ko and George have to also duke it out to see who stays and who goes.

I know this one of those guys playing safety or corner wont be here next season who will it be ?

Ok: yesterdays win win as Dick Jouran would say a nice win, they did a nice job and they played hard.

Enough of that, I want to talk about Ko Simpson. Ko is a decent player and he has made some plays for our team in the last 3 years however, he is injury prone and he is far from a stud safety.

Here is my thought. Terrance McGee is aging and a move to safety is in his futurenext season. Jabari, McKelvin, Youbouty and Corner duke it out for the 2 starting corners, with the losers being the nickle corner and dime corner. All will see playing time, as they will be injuries.

Whitner and McGee man the safty spots, and Ko and George are the backups. That leaves Welding will he ever play defense or is he a carer special teamer ? And what about Scott, he is a physical player who hits hard, but is sometimes out of position. he is a bubble guy perhaps, him and Ko and George have to also duke it out to see who stays and who goes.

I know this one of those guys playing safety or corner wont be here next season who will it be ?

Ko is done in Buffalo. They'll look to draft or FA sign his replacement in the off-season. Another option is Scott at SS and Whitner at FS, but I think we need to upgrade over Scott.

McGee is in his prime; they won't move him.

I really love Ko Simpson and the style of play he brings, but he just never made it back from the bad wheel this time around. It used to be that he looked a step late then would explode the receiver. Now he is a step late and has lost his edge.

McKelvin isn't ready to start. If they let Greer walk, we may be in trouble. McKelvin has a gung-ho attitude and wants to make plays, but for every big play he has made this year there is also an Eddie Royal wide open by 20 yards on a bite that luckily was overthrown. He is very immature, but I think he can be solid down the line. Corner is interesting...he looks like he has instincts. We still need Greer in my opinion.

I really love Ko Simpson and the style of play he brings, but he just never made it back from the bad wheel this time around. It used to be that he looked a step late then would explode the receiver. Now he is a step late and has lost his edge.

IMO, Simpson bulked up too much after his injury and lost his closing speed. Too bad, he looked really good as a rookie.

McKelvin isn't ready to start. If they let Greer walk, we may be in trouble. McKelvin has a gung-ho attitude and wants to make plays, but for every big play he has made this year there is also an Eddie Royal wide open by 20 yards on a bite that luckily was overthrown. He is very immature, but I think he can be solid down the line. Corner is interesting...he looks like he has instincts. We still need Greer in my opinion.

mckelvin not ready?

Greer is long gone, and Corner and Youboty will be fine nickel and dime corners.

Simpson isn't playing because he's not good enough. As Bill from NYC says, Simpson looks like he's running in sand. He's late in coverage and fails to diagnose things.

Safeties who have no instincts don't play in this league. It's that simple.

McGee is far from old...WAY too early to talk about switching him...and considering the play of McKelvin and Corner, I'd say it's a safe bet to say Greer won't be back next season

It would be stupid NOT to keep Greer. I dont care if Corner & McKelvin are playing well, I mean I do care, but Greer is our 2nd best DB.....we have to keep him!