AFC East Hatred

May Day 10

I cant believe the percentage of members of this board are pulling so much for the Jets.

I cant stand the Jets. I hate the Jets almost as much as New England. Miami is almost nothing to me. I dont see a rivalry anymore, and I would much rather see them win the AFC East than the other 2. Not to mention the joy of watching Pennington close out the division in the Meadowlands.

Also, I believe Miami has much less a chance to win a road playoff game than NE or NYJ.

Of course I remember mocking Giants fans last year in Buffalo because "they suck" and "dont have a snowball's chance to win in the playoffs anyways". :wallbash:

I guess it has to do with old time prevailing feelings of growing up watching the fins beat the bills for an entire decade. The Patriots undoubtedly will be viewed in the same light along the way. However I'd almost prefer that the patriots win it. I'd love nothing more then for the Bills to be the team that knocks them off. If the pats don't win as long as it's not the jets I have no real feelings about it. So yeah I agree with you there.

I didnt have the misfortune of watching that. Just the current NE misery. Im too young. Just really started to comprehend football in the mid-eightees. I hated the Dolphins, but just because of the only real direct competition in the East. I havent carried any animosity for them from that though. I wish we could have hopped in that division with Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

I cant stand any NYC-area sports team by default.

I didnt have the misfortune of watching that. Just the current NE misery. Im too young. Just really started to comprehend football in the mid-eightees. I hated the Dolphins, but just because of the only real direct competition in the East. I havent carried any animosity for them from that though. I wish we could have hopped in that division with Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

I cant stand any NYC-area sports team by default.

There ya go. For most of us old timers, Miami will always be the most hated team in the conference. The Pats* are running a close second, these days.

Funny, because I think the worst of the visiting fans are Jets' fans. Totally obnoxious.

There ya go. For most of us old timers, Miami will always be the most hated team in the conference. The Pats* are running a close second, these days.

Funny, because I think the worst of the visiting fans are Jets' fans. Totally obnoxious.

Well, they are New Yorkers. No offense to anybody from the city, but the most obnoxious fans I've ever met are Jets and Mets fans. For whatever reason, I find Giants fans to be much more tolerable.

Well, they are New Yorkers. No offense to anybody from the city, but the most obnoxious fans I've ever met are Jets and Mets fans. For whatever reason, I find Giants fans to be much more tolerable.

Not to nitpick, but I find Yankee fans more repulsive than Mets fans.

And, it looks like Red Sox fans are almost as obnoxious as Yankee fans. I've been a Sox fan all my life, and before they won the Series, the first time, Red Sox fans always reminded me of Bills fans, in a way. No matter how well the team was doing, most fans assumed the worst would happen, eventually, and the team wouldn't close the deal at the end of the season.

But, I have noticed more obnoxious behavior coming from so-called Sox fans in recent years. I have a little working theory on that. Boston area fans tend to be band-wagon fans. When I lived in Boston, it was hard to find a Pats* fan...most seemed to root for the NY Giants. But, once the winning begins, the obnoxious Pats* fans were all over. I think the same can be said for the newer Red Sox fans. I'd like to think that the old-school die hard Red Sox fans are still a fairly classy bunch. I'd like to think that.

Not to nitpick, but I find Yankee fans more repulsive than Mets fans.

And, it looks like Red Sox fans are almost as obnoxious as Yankee fans. I've been a Sox fan all my life, and before they won the Series, the first time, Red Sox fans always reminded me of Bills fans, in a way. No matter how well the team was doing, most fans assumed the worst would happen, eventually, and the team wouldn't close the deal at the end of the season.

But, I have noticed more obnoxious behavior coming from so-called Sox fans in recent years. I have a little working theory on that. Boston area fans tend to be band-wagon fans. When I lived in Boston, it was hard to find a Pats* fan...most seemed to root for the NY Giants. But, once the winning begins, the obnoxious Pats* fans were all over. I think the same can be said for the newer Red Sox fans. I'd like to think that the old-school die hard Red Sox fans are still a fairly classy bunch. I'd like to think that.

Haha well I'm a yankees fan from birth, so I spared myself there. I'm not the biggest Red Sox fan hater in the world because they (the ones that actually live in Boston) tend to be very knowledgeable and passionate fans. The thing that irks me is that they still manage to whine after winning 2 world series in very short order. I mean, the city has won 2 world series, 3 superbowls, and an NBA championship in the decade alone, and they still B word and moan when Brady goes down or Manny acts up and gets traded. They should get a taste of living in Buffalo to know true misery.

Haha well I'm a yankees fan from birth, so I spared myself there. I'm not the biggest Red Sox fan hater in the world because they (the ones that actually live in Boston) tend to be very knowledgeable and passionate fans. The thing that irks me is that they still manage to whine after winning 2 world series in very short order. I mean, the city has won 2 world series, 3 superbowls, and an NBA championship in the decade alone, and they still B word and moan when Brady goes down or Manny acts up and gets traded. They should get a taste of living in Buffalo to know true misery.

Or, at least be fans of Buffalo teams. That's for sure.

I cant believe the percentage of members of this board are pulling so much for the Jets.

I cant stand the Jets. I hate the Jets almost as much as New England. Miami is almost nothing to me. I dont see a rivalry anymore, and I would much rather see them win the AFC East than the other 2. Not to mention the joy of watching Pennington close out the division in the Meadowlands.

Also, I believe Miami has much less a chance to win a road playoff game than NE or NYJ.

Of course I remember mocking Giants fans last year in Buffalo because "they suck" and "dont have a snowball's chance to win in the playoffs anyways". :thumbsup:

the team i hate most in the afc east is all of them. and right now, that includes the bills.

I started watching the Bills at the end of the 0-for-the-70s against Miami, so I will always have that hatred towards them.

I live in the Albany area and I've been sick of the Jets ever since I moved here 20+ years ago. The Favre hype has made it unbearable for me.

I hate the Pats* because they're the Pats*...'nuff said.

I don't think there's one of these teams that I hate more than the other. I'm an equal opportunity hater. :thumbsup:

As I said yesterday, I'm rooting for the Ravens so 2 of those 3 don't make it. But as for rooting for one particular team, I won't do that. I'll just root against the division winner in the playoffs.