JP Won't be in demand: ESPN

nodnarb

Case closed - at best he is a backup QB - time to move on. As I said in a post I started the Bills screwed themselves and JP by keeping him around this year. He is a lucky dude because he got a shot to start, made a bunch of money and had a no pressure job this year. The Bills need to sign a proven backup and we all need to pray that TE is the real deal.

The difference between the Bills & winning teams is the Bills have to pray their QB is the real deal where WINNING teams bring in REAL COMPETITION to compete for the starting position.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully, most NFL front offices (the competent ones, ie- not buffalo) do not make decisions based on one game. The Jacksonville game did not "break" his career anymore than it would have "made" his career if he had performed well and won it.

Linkage

His latest mistakes may have been his last for the Bills.

Losman acknowledged earlier in the week this was a make-or-break game for him, knowing another poor performance or loss might prompt coach Dick Jauron to turn the offense over to rookie Trent Edwards.

Guest dog14787

I said I wouldn't be commenting any more about JP Losman, maybe its the holiday spirit I don't know, but if you want to be honest and open minded about the situation concerning Losman lets not forget we have had probably one of the worse pair of OC's in the history of the Buffalo Bills. Lets also not forget not even a very smart and promising QB in Trent Edwards could succeed in Buffalo. One poorly executed play that should have never been called, not in a million years costed JP Losman a starting position in the NFL next year, then to add insult to injury he gets demoted. Had that play never happened and we won the game, all of the sudden everyones saying, " well, Losman wasn't great , but he won, maybe he does have potential" one idoitic play.

When this season started I had very high hopes of how well Turk Shonert would perform as an OC in the NFL now I can't wait to see him gone. The Buffalo Bills have botched Losman's career from the day he arrived in Buffalo until now and for his sake I'm glad the nightmare is almost over for JP Losman.

I wish JP Losman happy holiday's and better luck with a fresh start somewhere new. Somewhere as far away from Buffalo as he can get.

Did Graham have to write this article? It is well done and researched--but it's def. kicking the dude when he's down.

Every person that has watched JP play knows that he will never get a shot as a starter ever again.

Yeah, except for Casserly and the other pro he interviewed. And naturally I'll take the opinion of you over them, you know, what with all your credentials.

And as for JP's self-delusions, where in the article is he even quoted? It sounds like the OP who is actually self-deluded.

Case closed - at best he is a backup QB - time to move on. As I said in a post I started the Bills screwed themselves and JP by keeping him around this year. He is a lucky dude because he got a shot to start, made a bunch of money and had a no pressure job this year. The Bills need to sign a proven backup and we all need to pray that TE is the real deal.

The thing about the NFL, particularly at the QB position the case is rarely closed (see Vinny Testaverde who played forever and sucked most of the time, even see Jim Kelly who though he was dead as a player still was able to pry $1 million samollians out of Ralph who throws nickels around like their manhole covers).

Losman has long been done as a Bills and he simply sucked on Sunday (I think nodnarb is right that self-delusion is his problem, I really think he was aware that there would be a pass rusher trying to run him down from behind when he fumbled, he deluded himself however into believing he was gonna outrun the rusher as the it looked like a pretty easy read that he was gonna face pressure from behind).

However, though his case is closed as a Bill and I agree that any contract he gets this off-season will be one for rehabilitation of his career rather than primarily accelerating it, the case is far from closed about whether he is done as an NFL player.

One need look no further than the real world example of Brad Johnson who was cut not once but twice as a failed QB. Because NFL QB cases are rarely closed the simple fact is he came back to lead a team to an SB win.

Does Losman suck as a QB and he is done as a Bill. Yep. This has been true since last year's Jax game.

However, is the case closed on him as an NFL QB. Nope.

Even if he signs a contract for the vet minimum next year and make good incentives he only gets if he plays well, Losman is laughing all the way to the bank on his first pro contract. He will make out like a bandit as an FA as he is gonna get paid what a normal person gets in 10 years for playing a boys game for a year.

Yet there are many jokers on this board who claim he will be a starter. Honestly, if you think that you watch football with your eyes closed.

They mention his speed, but don't mention he is possibly the worst QB in the league as far as pocket awareness goes. He can't go through his reads. Even when he makes a completion, it's almost always off-target. The guy can't hit people in stride, his throws are all over the place.

After watching him this year, virtually nobody claims that he "will be a starter." Since nobody knows the future and JP's is in doubt, that would be as ridiculous as saying that you will not be a starter. Oh, that's what you said. Clear enough, another hater.

What we claim, and I'm definitely a JP supporter, is that he will have a chance to become a starter, and if he is in a good situation, it will be up to him to do it or not.

Oh, and the "his passes are always off target" thing is nonsense. Just more hater stuff.

Demand?!?!? Demand?!?!? Yeah, he'll be in demand the same way people are in stores right now scrambling to buy VCR's in time for Christmas. I was amused all week going into that game realizing it was on EVERYWHERE. Did you guys see the TV NFL distribution maps that week? You pretty much had to leave the Western Hemisphere not to have that as the CBS game in your market. Oh, yeah, I'm told parts of Canada and Mexico as well. So not only did Losman play himself out of an NFL job next year with that ball-handling spaz thing, but NOW he has no shot at being signed in ... The CFL, Arena1 (Arena2 is debatable ... I think I started a game once in Arena2, but I was drunk so I'm not sure.) ... They won't want him as a free agent in any English-speaking country, and probably not in LA, either. Yes I'm still angry. Sorry. In that situation, you protect the football. Aaaargh ...

Yeah, again, I'll definitely take your opinion over Lombardi and Casserly's.

Some sucker team will sign him. They will say he played for 2 head coaches, 3 offensive coordinators, stunted his development, didn't cater an offense to his strenghts, etc, etc, etc. Blah, blah, blah. The guy is horrible and nothing more than a below average backup. He unbelievably will bounce around the league another 3-5 years because of his prior 1st round status and strong arm. We all know he can't read a defense, has no pocket awareness, and has poor accuracy.

Yeah, again, I'll be sure and (yawn) take your opinion over Lombardi and Casserly's. You know, because you're so well-known as a pigskin savant that GMs beat paths to your door.

I said I wouldn't be commenting any more about JP Losman, maybe its the holiday spirit I don't know, but if you want to be honest and open minded about the situation concerning Losman lets not forget we have had probably one of the worse pair of OC's in the history of the Buffalo Bills. Lets also not forget not even a very smart and promising QB in Trent Edwards could succeed in Buffalo. One poorly executed play that should have never been called, not in a million years costed JP Losman a starting position in the NFL next year, then to add insult to injury he gets demoted. Had that play never happened and we won the game, all of the sudden everyones saying, " well, Losman wasn't great , but he won, maybe he does have potential" one idoitic play.

When this season started I had very high hopes of how well Turk Shonert would perform as an OC in the NFL now I can't wait to see him gone. The Buffalo Bills have botched Losman's career from the day he arrived in Buffalo until now and for his sake I'm glad the nightmare is almost over for JP Losman.

I wish JP Losman happy holiday's and better luck with a fresh start somewhere new. Somewhere as far away from Buffalo as he can get.

Well said. Frankly, if I were a player, I might prefer to be In JPs shoes now compared to Edwards who may be forced to play again for a hopeless head coach.

Yeah, again, I'll be sure and (yawn) take your opinion over Lombardi and Casserly's. You know, because you're so well-known as a pigskin savant that GMs beat paths to your door.

I doubt either of these guys would sign JP as a back-up to the minimum vet deal.

Maybe Losman will resurrect his career, but it's not looking good. He looks to be going the way of Tim Couch...

I doubt either of these guys would sign JP as a back-up to the minimum vet deal.

Maybe Losman will resurrect his career, but it's not looking good. He looks to be going the way of Tim Couch...

Tim Couch got all flustered that fans booed him. Has JP ever indicated that he cared about fans booing him? Oh, and Couch spent a lot of time chasing Playboy Playmate tail rather than focusing on his job. http://www.heatherkozar.com/

:wallbash:

That works for so many people here! :lol:

Tim Couch got all flustered that fans booed him. Has JP ever indicated that he cared about fans booing him? Oh, and Couch spent a lot of time chasing Playboy Playmate tail rather than focusing on his job. http://www.heatherkozar.com/

Wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

just thought this was interesting. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CoucTi00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LosmJ.00.htm

The best part is Couch's winning % was 37% (22-37) Losman's is 30% (10-23). Losman has some work to even get to Couch's level.

And how exactly did I contradict what Casserly said? I'd love for you to share that with me.

You said "Every person that has watched JP play knows that he will never get a shot as a starter ever again."

You contradicted what Lombardi said. Not Casserly. Lombardi gets the last two paragraphs of the article in a quote. Here it is:

------------

Given the general malaise of Losman's career, would his options be different had he capitalized on his chances this year?

"It would have piqued people's interest," Lombardi replied. "The quarterback position is the most coveted in the league and when you play well -- like Todd Collins last year -- people are always in search of that answer at quarterback.

"If he would have played well, he would have enhanced his stock. Everybody has a chance to re-invent themselves at quarterback."

------------

You can't get that much clearer than that. He has seen Losman play and thought at the time that he had a chance to re-invent himself. He also makes it clear that he there's a chance in the future too. You said that both were impossible.

Also, Casserly didn't agree with you. He only said that JP will not be a starter NOW, with which I totally agree.

There's more, but that's enough.

Don't pretend that anything in this article agrees with you outlandish idea that you "know" that he will never be a starter. Nothing does, and in fact you are disagreeing with it.

You said "Every person that has watched JP play knows that he will never get a shot as a starter ever again."

You contradicted what Lombardi said. Not Casserly. Lombardi gets the last two paragraphs of the article in a quote. Here it is:

------------

Given the general malaise of Losman's career, would his options be different had he capitalized on his chances this year?

"It would have piqued people's interest," Lombardi replied. "The quarterback position is the most coveted in the league and when you play well -- like Todd Collins last year -- people are always in search of that answer at quarterback.

"If he would have played well, he would have enhanced his stock. Everybody has a chance to re-invent themselves at quarterback."

------------

You can't get that much clearer than that. He has seen Losman play and thought at the time that he had a chance to re-invent himself. He also makes it clear that he there's a chance in the future too. You said that both were impossible.

Also, Casserly didn't agree with you. He only said that JP will not be a starter NOW, with which I totally agree.

There's more, but that's enough.

Don't pretend that anything in this article agrees with you outlandish idea that you "know" that he will never be a starter. Nothing does, and in fact you are disagreeing with it.

Didn't Casserly get fired by the Texans???

just thought this was interesting. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CoucTi00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LosmJ.00.htm

The best part is Couch's winning % was 37% (22-37) Losman's is 30% (10-23). Losman has some work to even get to Couch's level.

Thinking that winning percentage is a QB stat rather than a team stat disqualifies you from being taken seriously on this issue.