If Denver and San Diego go 8-8

RLflutie7

What is the NFL going to say about Ed Hochuli?

The NFL wouldn't have to say anything. Refs make mistakes. His came at a more crucial time and was more obvious than most mistakes. If, by chance, his mistake makes a difference in the playoff scenarios, then that's an unfortunate coincidence, nothing more.

The NFL wouldn't have to say anything. Refs make mistakes. His came at a more crucial time and was more obvious than most mistakes. If, by chance, his mistake makes a difference in the playoff scenarios, then that's an unfortunate coincidence, nothing more.

This would be the official answer.

Both teams would split? What's the tie breaker.

Heres the killer on that call. If he makes the right call and SD wins that game, then then the Chargers would control their destiny right now. Both the Chargers and the Broncos would be 7-7, and even if the Chargers lost to Tampa Bay, beating Denver last game of the year would ensure 8-8 for both teams, and they would be 2-0 head to head.

BTW, I really want San Diego to win Sunday, so the Bills game will be a must win for them. Hate games where neither team as anything to play for, and last thing I want is a big Bills win over a team that has just learned they are in the playoffs no matter the result of the game.

The NFL would say; "We are sorry that we don't have one basic rule in place that mandates any official with a whistle dangling around his neck must keep the damn thing out of his mouth until every single play runs its course. Then we can allow the play to end as is, and rule using our super-duper replay technology if still needed. So in the case of that early Chargers-Broncos nail biter, the Charger who picked up the "fumble/incomplete pass" would have been allowed to continue running with the ball until he was pushed out of bounds, thus ending the official play. THEN, our zebra would have ruled it an incomplete forward pass, but THEN the Chargers could have challanged the call, and had it reversed in their favor." Unfortunately, that would be too simple, logical and easy a solution, so we will continue to allow officials to "blow plays dead" whether they are right or wrong, thus eliminated our super-duper replay technology as useless. :thumbsup: ......any questions?"

Boohoo for the Chargers.

They've been sleep-walking all season long. Tough schedule for sure...but they twice were on the verge of losing to the friggin' Chiefs.

One game doesn't make or break a teams' season. They still managed to lose 7 games after that.

Still, I think SD would be a dangerous team for anybody to play in the playoff. + winning their division would give them a first round home game. If Iam Indy, I am rooting for Denver to win that division. Much rather go there then have to go to SD.

Denver is going to kill us, plan on us getting smoked.

Naturally that's what we've come to expect, especially now that Jason Peters is going to Hawaii and he can continue to take the rest of the season off, but the reality is, Denver's defense is pretty bad against the run so we should have success on the ground against them. Of course, that probably means we'll throw the ball 100 times, but you get my point. Also, their offense has the personality of Rex Grossman. Good one day, bad the next. So while there's a good chance we'll get smoked, there's a good chance we won't.

So I'll go out on a limb and predict that they may smoke us or they may not. In fact, I'll go so far as to predict that they may win. But they may not.

Broncs win and it means Hochuli will never ever be able to go to SD again. Even on vacation.

Heres the killer on that call. If he makes the right call and SD wins that game, then then the Chargers would control their destiny right now. Both the Chargers and the Broncos would be 7-7, and even if the Chargers lost to Tampa Bay, beating Denver last game of the year would ensure 8-8 for both teams, and they would be 2-0 head to head.

BTW, I really want San Diego to win Sunday, so the Bills game will be a must win for them. Hate games where neither team as anything to play for, and last thing I want is a big Bills win over a team that has just learned they are in the playoffs no matter the result of the game.

Shanahan said he isn't going to allow his team to know who won that game.

Hoc is a good ref.......so what he made a bad call......every ref does. Ive seen it in every Bills game this year a ref making a bad call....

Hoc just happens to be one of the more popular refs in the league thats why he gets all the attention. If it was any other ref we would have forgot about the entire thing.

that call was in week 2, not last week...yes every game counts but a lot has happened and a lot could have happened since then, you cant say that call is what cost one team or another