Drew Willy

I knew I was forgetting one MAC QB . . .

The following schools are represented by the 32 starting QBs in the NFL...just goes to prove a good pedigree isn't necessary to make a good QB

AFC:

Stanford

Marshall

Southern Mississippi

USC

Miami (Ohio)

Miami (Florida)

Harvard

Delaware

Tennessee

Penn State

Virginia

East Carolina

LSU

Coastal Carolina

NC State

Vanderbilt

NFC:

Ole Miss

Syracuse

Auburn

Eastern Illinois

Central Florida

Alabama State

Purdue

California

Northern Iowa

Maryland

Boston College

West Virginia

Louisiana-Lafayette

No College

Purdue

Boston College

The only repeats are Purdue and BC and it's an overall eclectic list. I can see "Buffalo" sitting on there nicely

The Bills are QB killers. We take the best and brightest and beat the life out if them.

Lacking? 3,021yds? 25 TDs? 5 INTs? 142.86 passer rating in 2008?

Drew Willy career stats

PTR

Also took the most sacks in the conference at 28. And if you look at his stats vs. the rest of the NCAA, they aren't all that impressive. Its not that I don't think he's a good QB, I just don't think he's a draft day pick.

He's definitely got the physical skill set to play in the NFL. Of course, cynics would point out the relatively low level of competition he faced in the MAC, but Joe Flacco isn't faring nearly as poorly as many thought, so who knows?

Agreed. I'm no R. Rich on this stuff, but I'd think Willy would be a decent 6th round pick.

The following schools are represented by the 32 starting QBs in the NFL...just goes to prove a good pedigree isn't necessary to make a good QB

AFC:

Stanford

Marshall

Southern Mississippi

USC

Miami (Ohio)

Miami (Florida)

Harvard

Delaware

Tennessee

Penn State

Virginia

East Carolina

LSU

Coastal Carolina

NC State

Vanderbilt

NFC:

Ole Miss

Syracuse

Auburn

Eastern Illinois

Central Florida

Alabama State

Purdue

California

Northern Iowa

Maryland

Boston College

West Virginia

Louisiana-Lafayette

No College

Purdue

Boston College

The only repeats are Purdue and BC and it's an overall eclectic list. I can see "Buffalo" sitting on there nicely

Who is the starting QB that didn't play in college?

• 7 months later...
I know I heard that Drew was cut by the Ravens. Anyone have an update? Did he sign on with another team? UFL?

He's in Buffalo working out with the Buffalo Bulls. He's hoping for a phone call to get to play somewhere in the NFL. He says that playing in the UFL or CFL is not an option for him because if hes going to make it he's going to make it big. Maybe some Kurt Warner humility might change his mind....And I'm not comparing him to Kurt Warner.

He's in Buffalo working out with the Buffalo Bulls. He's hoping for a phone call to get to play somewhere in the NFL. He says that playing in the UFL or CFL is not an option for him because if hes going to make it he's going to make it big. Maybe some Kurt Warner humility might change his mind....And I'm not comparing him to Kurt Warner.

Thanks for the update, Hunky . . .

Good luck with that, Drew. :w00t:

Considering no talent dreck like Alex Mortensen got to play a few snaps, I'm shocked Drew Willy has not gotten a shot. It's not like the MAC conference doesn't put players in the NFL. He's certainly better than Matt "noodlearm" Baker, the #4 QB on the Bills.

PTR

Considering no talent dreck like Alex Mortensen got to play a few snaps, I'm shocked Drew Willy has not gotten a shot. It's not like the MAC conference doesn't put players in the NFL. He's certainly better than Matt "noodlearm" Baker, the #4 QB on the Bills.

PTR

I'd take Willy over that waste of space Baker any day...He's just awful. He wasn't even good at UNC