Our "ProBowl" tackle said all that needs to be said.

jkx2

"This is what you play the game for — to get to Hawaii"....Jason Peters

NO! you play the game to get to the Super Bowl. But most players really don't care about that, it's all about ME, not the TEAM.

So sad, but at least you heard it straight from the players mouth. He doesn't even seem to care that the Bills aren't going to the playoffs again. His butt will be on the beach in Hawaii thinking about his next holdout.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO! you play the game to get to the Super Bowl. But most players really don't care about that, it's all about ME, not the TEAM.

So sad, but at least you heard it straight from the players mouth. He doesn't even seem to care that the Bills aren't going to the playoffs again. His butt will be on the beach in Hawaii thinking about his next holdout.

Actually I agree with him. When you play for a Jauron coached team, getting to the pro bowl is the best that you can expect.

When did he get to be so cocky? Even last year, I just remembered hearing a humbled and quite southern kid. Then after his horrid start, he said "i'm playing ok." Then the guy started screaming at fans after that one terrible home loss. Now, he's pretty much saying F the fans. And the fact that you play to get to Hawaii? Man, that is a statement right there.

The only thing that I've heard or seen this guy do that I stood up and clapped all year is when he called out the Toronto game. I thought that was cool, especially since he was the only one out of 53 that actually showed any emotion, unlike Stroud's "everybody's happy playing indoors," or Kawika's "if they make money i make money." But at the same time, you knew he probably had a personal reason to be saying that stuff, another chance to take a shot at an organization that "slighted" him.

You know that him and his agent are going to demand a top contract this year. He's gonna claim that he was promised, and a Pro Bowl vote is "all that matters" in his mind, regardless of how the organization or fans "only point out his bad plays."

This is the supposed OT FA 2009 class. http://profootball.scout.com/2/816325.html

I think if Peters doesn't hold out and has a full offseason of training, he probably can be the most dominating tackle in the league. But i think this relationship is past repair. I think the Bills should take any money they spend on Peters and give it to Jordon Gross. Since the players and coaches supposedly know his value, we should grab as many draft picks as we can for Peters. I think we might be able to get more than 2 first rounders for the guy. Gross is going to get heated interest all over the league, especially from hometown Carolina. But remember: Peters wanted 11 mil a year last year, and with another pro bowl and rising salaries, it will only go up every year.

I know its tough losing yet another player that we've created, regardless if you think its peters, the organizations, or a combination of the two's fault. But getting Gross or a top rated OT and some high draft picks would go a long way to fixing this problem.

Was watching the local news here in rochester last night and Peters also mentioned that he was, "...pretty sure bills fans don't even watch the tackle position. They only see the bad plays." I was a bit taken aback by this as most Bills fans I know are quite knowledgeable about each player/position and know how to watch individual positions during games. Maybe he's right though, maybe we all just go to the games, get drunk and scream at things we really have no clue about!

Here's an article:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/526490.html

Here's what he said:

“When you put the film on you’ll recognize me.” Peters said. “When you line up in front of me you’re going to recognize me. Bottom line: That’s what matters — the coaches and players. The fan voting, they only see the bad plays. I’m pretty sure they don’t even watch the tackle position. They just see when you get beat. So that’s what matters, when the players and the coaches vote you in.”

Offensive much? And can anyone argue that he doesn't hate the fans in buffalo?

Here's an article:

Here's what he said:

“When you put the film on you’ll recognize me.” Peters said. “When you line up in front of me you’re going to recognize me. Bottom line: That’s what matters — the coaches and players. The fan voting, they only see the bad plays. I’m pretty sure they don’t even watch the tackle position. They just see when you get beat. So that’s what matters, when the players and the coaches vote you in.”

Take offense if you want but he's right. The overwhelming majority of fans do not watch the OL play and do only notice OL play when they make mistakes.

I'm begining to think that Bills fans get what they deserve. When they have top flight players - like Jason Peters - they do their best to run them out of town. Then they turn around and B word that the Bills don't have any top flight players on the roster. Peters was not at his best all season but the guy was dominant for about 8 games this year. Sure he could have been more consistent and his holdout hindered him but fans need to get over the holdout - it's buisness, pure and simple.

Take offense if you want but he's right. The overwhelming majority of fans do not watch the OL play and do only notice OL play when they make mistakes.

I'm begining to think that Bills fans get what they deserve. When they have top flight players - like Jason Peters - they do their best to run them out of town. Then they turn around and B word that the Bills don't have any top flight players on the roster. Peters was not at his best all season but the guy was dominant for about 8 games this year. Sure he could have been more consistent and his holdout hindered him but fans need to get over the holdout - it's buisness, pure and simple.

Well said. Peters was great in the Jets game. But everyone sees the Elam whif. Try blocking a DB coming full speed when he has a running start, not going to happen. As for the whif I am surprised he got a hand on him. The guy is one of the best LT's in the game. He stays healthy for the most part. Like MDH said if we let him go forget about having any type of passing game. You dont just plug in LT's. And drafting one will take a few years to learn the system and scheme.

Center and guard are the major problems. Fix that and we are on our way to a successful offense.

Well said. Peters was great in the Jets game. But everyone sees the Elam whif. Try blocking a DB coming full speed when he has a running start, not going to happen. As for the whif I am surprised he got a hand on him. The guy is one of the best LT's in the game. He stays healthy for the most part. Like MDH said if we let him go forget about having any type of passing game. You dont just plug in LT's. And drafting one will take a few years to learn the system and scheme.

Center and guard are the major problems. Fix that and we are on our way to a successful offense.

I could not agree with you more. We have probably one of the top young tackles in the entire league but bills fans want to run him out of town because he says fans do not pay attention to the lines. Who cares. The guy is still the best player on our team.

Deserve what? A guy who cares more about himself than the team.I don't want the guy gone and I still think is one of the top tackles in the league but he in NO way had anything close to a pro bowl season. He gave up many more drive killing, game changing sacks than just in the Jets game. And while we ran the ball fantastic in the NY game. There were many times he didn't help open a hole for mini me to get through.

And until I hear him say that going to the Pro Bowl is nice but it's doesn't erase the pain of not going to the playoffs. Then it just confirms that todays players bottom line is ME not TEAM. It can still be a business and care about winning over your personal trip to Hawaii.

Here's an article:

Here's what he said:

Revised for accuracy:

"Defenses are overwhelming me," Peters said after practice on Wednesday. "I worked

at it but it's no use. This is what you play the game for - to get to Hawaii - so screw the playoffs."

"The bottom line, what matters, is my restricted contract," he

said. "Fans always see my bad plays. I try to slack when they don't watch the tackle

position. So what matters is when you fool your fellow players and coaches into voting you in."

Good post.

I could not agree with you more. We have probably one of the top young tackles in the entire league but bills fans want to run him out of town because he says fans do not pay attention to the lines. Who cares. The guy is still the best player on our team.

I hear what you're saying, but I think if we made a run at Jordan Gross this would make the loss of Peter's alright. Gross is a five year starter and probably one of the most versitile lineman in the game. Other teams are going to go crazy over him, but I think the money he gets isn't going to border on the insanity that Peters and his agent are going to demand. If they wanted 11 mil a year last year, they'll probably want 13 to 15 mil now. Besides, we can garner some serious picks with Peters.

But I wouldnt get rid of Peters unless we can get a Gross or a top lineman in FA and high picks from Peters.

I hear what you're saying, but I think if we made a run at Jordan Gross this would make the loss of Peter's alright. Gross is a five year starter and probably one of the most versitile lineman in the game. Other teams are going to go crazy over him, but I think the money he gets isn't going to border on the insanity that Peters and his agent are going to demand. If they wanted 11 mil a year last year, they'll probably want 13 to 15 mil now. Besides, we can garner some serious picks with Peters.

But I wouldnt get rid of Peters unless we can get a Gross or a top lineman in FA and high picks from Peters.

So basically, you'd rather pay someone else's guy $13M a year so you don't have to pay the home grown equivalent talent the going rate. I guess that saves money somehow. <_<

he actually is not the best player on our team. His copious amounts of errors definatly did not help. many misblocks that lead to sacks, so on and so on. You cant hold out because of one good season. Im sorry but he isnt on the same level as bruce smith. that man could hold out....because he was great....anyone can have one good season....Prove your self peters, because you havent yet and do not deserve a contract from my man ralph