Caroline Kennedy Tours Upstate

BillsNYC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing so far but what did Hillary have to offer upstate? If she wants to keep her job she'll do a lot for western New York. I think being the only surviving child of John will give her a lot of power that nobody else will bring to the table.

Hey...Hillary's mother in law is a Bills fan. That practically made her a Buffalonian!

Palin got crap because she was/is an idiot... Kennedy appears to be well spoken, understand how to deal with the press and has some dignity and understands, having been behind the scenes in a lot of politics, including within her family to at least know what is coming at her from the NY press.

That being said, I am not crazy about her being anointed because of her name.... Sounds like the Dems what to make sure they hold on to this Senate Seat and how better than a well known, well liked Candidate with a Kennedy last name....

P.S. Don't compare Palin to her... Palin gives Dan Quayle a bad name. :lol:

Shes well spoken. What more do you need?

OK, Caroline Kennedy is NOT well spoken. She sounds like a 10th grade girl from Kentucky! She was on Meet The Press back in July after she endorsed Barack Obama for President and she sounded like a dork. Not the only time she sounded like that, too!

She does not "understand how to deal with the press"! Her aides wouldn't let her talk to the press today here in Syracuse!!!

WAKE UP!!!!!!

OK, Caroline Kennedy is NOT well spoken. She sounds like a 10th grade girl from Kentucky! She was on Meet The Press back in July after she endorsed Barack Obama for President and she sounded like a dork. Not the only time she sounded like that, too!

She does not "understand how to deal with the press"! Her aides wouldn't let her talk to the press today here in Syracuse!!!

WAKE UP!!!!!!

I hope your not thinking I quoted that idiotic remark because I endorsed it. I was pointing out the absurdity of how we choose our leaders.

I hope your not thinking I quoted that idiotic remark because I endorsed it. I was pointing out the absurdity of how we choose our leaders.

I told my mother that Caroline might get Hillary's Senate seat.

The two words she said to me? "You're kidding!" :lol:

I had to tell my mother I was serious about this. I wonder if Mom thought I'd been drinking.

Other than winning the birth lottery and being born into our brand of royalty what has she done?

Is she even an attorney? Some of you opined that being a political outsider will serve her well. Are you serious? She's an outsider? So is Nancy Pelosi. :lol:

Good luck with that WNY...Another limousine liberal. Good for you.

WAKE UP!!!!!!

Other than winning the birth lottery and being born into our brand of royalty what has she done?

Is she even an attorney? Some of you opined that being a political outsider will serve her well. Are you serious? She's an outsider? So is Nancy Pelosi. :lol:

Good luck with that WNY...Another limousine liberal. Good for you.

Actually, Caroline was on MtP right before Pelosi was. Watching the 1st interview, I commented to my wife that this was an example of why I missed Russert so much. Brokaw would ask her a tough question, allow her to sidestep it, and then move on to his next question. There was never a single probing followup Q nor a redirect to actually answer the original question.

And then Pelosi came on, and Brokaw still didn't ask a probing followup question. But this time he didn't need to, Pelosi would mangle the 1st one w/out any need for followup. She had some gems such as the Catholic Church doesn't have a position on when life begins and natural gas isn't a fossil fuel. (And she will STILL be 2 heartbeats away from the Presidency. THAT is scary.)

CKS is definitely smarter than the average bear from her clan. That is about the only thing I can come up w/ as a positive if she is annointed Senator. I'd actually prefer to see Slaughter get the nod, but she came out today endorsing Caroline. So once again Upstate NY will get an even weaker voice.

I'd actually prefer to see Slaughter get the nod, but she came out today endorsing Caroline. So once again Upstate NY will get an even weaker voice.

It is odd that Louise isn't in contention. But perhaps she isn't interested. She is closer to 80 than 70 you know, although she certainly doesn't look it.

I've known Louise since I was a kid. Say what you will about policians and $$$, she is still in the same house on the street I grew up on, and she doesn't put on airs or seem to have a bazillion dollars to throw around. She's pretty much the same as she ever was - she was a very nice lady but even as I kid I knew better than to act up because I figured justice would be swift and furious...

Shortened Buffalo News article:

"Shortly before 4 p. m., she arrived at the freshly plowed entrance of City Hall in a champagne-colored Toyota Sequoia SUV. Several reporters noted among themselves that driving up in a Toyota was a faux pas in a region so reliant on the struggling U. S. auto industry.

As she was whisked up the stairs by a phalanx of political handlers and police officers, a reporter asked her how it felt to be in Buffalo.

"It feels great," she said, then paused before adding, "to be back in Buffalo." In fact, she was here eight years ago to campaign for Clinton's first bid for the Senate with her uncle, Massachusetts Sen. Edward M. Kennedy."

The questions were cut off, and she was led out of City Hall as reporters kept trying to press her for questions.

"You said you wanted to answer questions, ma'am," one reporter yelled out. She did not reply, and this time she stepped into a black Jeep Cherokee.

All day, the Kennedy camp sent unusual signals to the media. They wanted publicity for her upstate travels but declined to provide any details about whom she was to meet with or when.

Kennedy gave a brief statement to the media after her meeting in Syracuse and took just a couple of questions in Rochester. Before she arrived in Buffalo, a story appeared on the Web site of the Times likening her insularity to that of Alaska Gov. and former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, perhaps prompting her to give more of her time to the Buffalo media.

"I would hope she will return to Western New York soon to meet the real political leaders of this town," said Assemblyman Sam Hoyt, a Buffalo Democrat and no fan of Brown. He said she should have sit-downs with Lenihan and Rep. Brian Higgins.

"It's going to require a lot more than one visit," Higgins said.

Higgins added that he has not spoken with Paterson about the upcoming vacancy and would not say whether he is interested. He said his name is in the mix, in part, because insiders realize that upstate has no position of power in statewide or state legislative offices.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/526356.html

It is odd that Louise isn't in contention. But perhaps she isn't interested. She is closer to 80 than 70 you know, although she certainly doesn't look it.I've known Louise since I was a kid. Say what you will about policians and $$$, she is still in the same house on the street I grew up on, and she doesn't put on airs or seem to have a bazillion dollars to throw around. She's pretty much the same as she ever was - she was a very nice lady but even as I kid I knew better than to act up because I figured justice would be swift and furious...

She has had work done ,no joke, fact, and you are right about everything else. Too bad she doesnt jump in the senators seat.

It is odd that Louise isn't in contention. But perhaps she isn't interested. She is closer to 80 than 70 you know, although she certainly doesn't look it.

I've known Louise since I was a kid. Say what you will about policians and $$$, she is still in the same house on the street I grew up on, and she doesn't put on airs or seem to have a bazillion dollars to throw around. She's pretty much the same as she ever was - she was a very nice lady but even as I kid I knew better than to act up because I figured justice would be swift and furious...

Nice to see Louise is liked up state, I can tell you her staff bailed on her regularly. She didn't treat folks too well. Not sure about her politics, but she was one of those you avoided working for because of how she treated the help.

Nice to see Louise is liked up state, I can tell you her staff bailed on her regularly. She didn't treat folks too well. Not sure about her politics, but she was one of those you avoided working for because of how she treated the help.

Yeah, I can imagine. I've worked for three giant bumbling corporations in my lifetime, and also did a stint in a couple of large civic organizations. What it takes to get things done would piss off the Good Humor man..I am sure the federal government is FAR FAR worse and to be honest I can see where sometimes you'd need to run roughshod over folks. And most staffers aren't planning to be lifers, it's a stepping stone. And most don't make a whole lotta $$ either.

I decided against running myself because there is no way I'd have the patience to put up with the @#$. I watch C-Span and I've been to Congress and listened to it all. I am much better behind the scenes pulling the strings.

Louise did tell me you need to have a very thick skin and not be afraid to hurt feelings, and get your own feelings hurt. It's a brutal environment but if you want to get something done you sometimes have to slash and burn.

What, and throw out all those years spent gerrymandering her little slice of heaven?

Yeah, I can imagine. I've worked for three giant bumbling corporations in my lifetime, and also did a stint in a couple of large civic organizations. What it takes to get things done would piss off the Good Humor man..I am sure the federal government is FAR FAR worse and to be honest I can see where sometimes you'd need to run roughshod over folks. And most staffers aren't planning to be lifers, it's a stepping stone. And most don't make a whole lotta $$ either.

I decided against running myself because there is no way I'd have the patience to put up with the @#$. I watch C-Span and I've been to Congress and listened to it all. I am much better behind the scenes pulling the strings.

Louise did tell me you need to have a very thick skin and not be afraid to hurt feelings, and get your own feelings hurt. It's a brutal environment but if you want to get something done you sometimes have to slash and burn.

"decided against running myself because there is no way I'd have the patience to put up with the @#$. I watch C-Span and I've been to Congress and listened to it all. I am much better behind the scenes pulling the strings." Good night Mr. Hoover.

So her listening tour consists of her stopping for an hour or so in each city. What the hell is she going to learn by doing that, especially when her staff won't discuss if she's ever been Upstate before. To me this is a lame attempt at trying to learn about Upstate.

Isn't that about as much time as our junior senator has spent in upstate NY the past year?