Anyone else sick of "character" players?

sac bills

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a "I'm sick of..." thread, regarding the Bills...

I'm sick of the Bills not fully utilizing the talent of their players by using chickens#it passive schemes on offense and defense.

the cover 2 was designed to allow teams to compete defensively on the cheap with players that were not good enough or big enough to play in a real defense.

CBs with no man cover skills and LBs that weigh 225 lbs.

without premium talent, you won;t have a good defense but you can compete by maintaining discipline

Look I don't need a lesson in the cover 2. I just think it's horseshit to get rid of players or pass on the opportunity to draft players because they don't fit this ridiculous scheme.

What's the correlation between character and ripping someone's head off? Or are you really saying that we need cheapshot artists on the team. Bills have had lots of character guys with a rip your head off mentality on the field but they didn't resort to cheap shots to accomplish it. Or are you saying Lynch doesn't have character? Sorry if I seem confused.

GO BILLS!!!

No they are saying we need more talent and guys with a mean streak ILO Character or nice guys on the team, also called soft guys in the trenches.

Frankly, character is what I am looking for in a boyscout troop leader, I could care less about it when it comes to an NFL player. I feel sorry for anyone looking to professional athletes for moral guidance. That is what my priest is for. If a guy has enough control over himself to avoid being suspended, that is good enough for me as long as he shows up and gets the job done on Sunday.

My problem with a lot of our players is that they aren't showing up on Sunday. Apart from an occasional play or fortuitous bounce, guys like Whitner, Poz, Denney, Kelsay, Royal, etc. have done little to distinguish themselves on the field. I know, I said something less than adoring of Poz and thats blasphemy but its too late, I said it.

Reggie White was a clergyman, would you take him? How about Rosie Greer in his prime, he was a minister AND did needlepoint. There have been several Eagle Scouts that have gone on to ALL Pro years as well I'm sure. Perhaps Alan Page then. A State Supreme Court Judge who'd just as soon rip your head off on the field. An unquestioned man of high character, though.

So, all a player has to do is not get suspended? I agree with the point about showing up on Sunday but if you're less talented than the guys you play against it doesn't matter if you have the character of the Pope or Ted Bundy.

Showing up on Sunday has more to do with showing up during the week and making the daily sacrifices to your craft all year round. About being a 'professional' in every sense of the word. It's about football character. Being willing to pay the price and all the other trite platitudes you can think of.

GO BILLS!!!

No they are saying we need more talent and guys with a mean streak ILO Character or nice guys on the team, also called soft guys in the trenches.

So having a mean streak on the field is mutually exclusive to having character and being a nice guy? How about a team of sociopath's then?

If you have soft guys in the trenches it's because they're less talented than the guys they're playing against. That simple. You think McCargo is a man of character? Or does he just suck? My guess is he lacks BOTH character AND talent, if the reports about his work habits mean anything. Denney strikes me as a man of character with limited talent. But that's better than lacking both, I guess.

The Bills have had lots of players throughout the years who were high character nice guys who would just as soon rip your limbs off on the field. Occassionally they had those kinds of players who were ALSO TALENTED. Not coincidentally, those were were our best teams ever. But nobody complained about Marv's insistence on getting guys with character back then, did they. So, what's different this time around? Let me guess. Talent.

GO BILLS!!!

You see Dean, some of us just dislike good people. You're a good guy and I can hardly standya!! :lol:

I for one, propose a team of <_< worshipers. We could sacrifice cattle at half-time. I'm just sayin <_<

Why cattle? That's not nearly sinister enough. Satan would only approve of human sacrifice. Something out of the Mayan playbook would be perfect. Or maybe make someone ride the Iron Maiden. Now we're talkin'.

Don't ya love Christmas time?

GO BILLS!!!