When is enough, enough?

Beerstm

Guest dog14787
I'll never abandon my team, not now, not ever.

I have to go cry now. :P

Nawww, honestly, I'm excited about how well our running game is coming along. :bag:

I just have this numb feeling when it comes to the bills mainly because I dont know how to act.

Should I root for them to win at this point? Winning doesn't get us to the playoffs, hurts our draft position, and keeps things as they are in Buffalo maybe

Should I root for them to lose? We could get a playmaker in the top 10 and possibly have enough pressure for change in mgt and coaches

But I just cannot bring myself to root AGAINST the bills.........I just dont know how to act.

I have NFL Sunday Ticket too......and that bill looks bigger and bigger with every loss.

My brain says root for the Bills to lose but when the whistle blows & the game starts with my heart I will root for them to win. The good news the next 2 weeks is we won't feel too bad after they lose.

I tried to cancel three weeks ago. They wouldn't let me. And I like my Playboy Channel (and my credit rating) too much to just not pay. I even bought that stupid Superfan for the extra hundred.

Not next year. Nuh uh.

You need to go to DBS talk.com - GREAT Direct TV site. Had you gone there before the season you would have read most people (not all) got out of paying that $100.

let me break this down for you:

the bills are owned by a doddering foolish old cheapskate who, even if he fired everyone on the payroll, has proven time and time again that he is not capable of replacing the latest franchise front-office scapegoat with anyone any more competent than the person he's replacing. and on the few occasions he's accidentally hired good people, he's managed to run them out town over one petty feud or another before they had a chance to win anything. also, he's been pleading poverty for years in order to lube up the fan base's collective bunghole for inevitable mayflower van convoy to toronto or perhaps l.a.

so you tell me, what are we supposed to expect? i think what we should expect, until execution day finally arrives, is exactly what we're getting. i'll leave it up to you to decide whether that's enough. for my part, i am bitching up a storm, but for whatever reason i keep tuning in.

go bills! :bag:

Could not have said it better myself.

I don't know about you, but there's no way I'm spending 4 hours at a sports bar and coming away with a $10.00 tab. This is why I got the ticket in the first place. When the wife & I would go out & watch the game, drink some beers, eat some wings, and tip the waitress, it would be between $40-$60. Plus you have to drive home. So for the cost of 4 games out, you got the Sunday Ticket.

The same exact reason I get the Sunday ticket. Next year though, let's just say I’ll take a wait and see approach to what the Bills do in the off season.

I agree, I am on my 6th or 7th year of the Sunday Ticket, just to watch my hometown Bills since I haven't had much time to see them in person after 20 years in the military, and having been in Virginia for 15 years now. I don't know how much $$ I have spent to watch the Bills on DirectTV (which I only switched to to get the Sunday Ticket), and the closest we came to having any success was losing to the Steelers 3rd stringers and missing an opportunity at the Playoffs. I used watch more games after the Bills game was over, now I get so frustrated that I cant even watch anymore football on sundays after watching them blow game after game. For over a decade I have made the trip up to Rochester every August to attend 3 or 4 practices at St. John Fisher (and Fredonia prior to that). I feel like I am done with it all after this year, Sunday Ticket, training camp, putting flags and signs out front on sundays, never leaving the house without some type of Bills gear on, just done with it. But you know what, after a boring winter and spring, I will be right back there next year, just like the majority of people on this board that say they are done, because it is in our blood. All I know is the Bills can take some credit for my high blood pressure, diabetes, balding and what is there is almost all gray. Thanks Ralph.

I agree, I am on my 6th or 7th year of the Sunday Ticket, just to watch my hometown Bills since I haven't had much time to see them in person after 20 years in the military, and having been in Virginia for 15 years now. I don't know how much $$ I have spent to watch the Bills on DirectTV (which I only switched to to get the Sunday Ticket), and the closest we came to having any success was losing to the Steelers 3rd stringers and missing an opportunity at the Playoffs. I used watch more games after the Bills game was over, now I get so frustrated that I cant even watch anymore football on sundays after watching them blow game after game. For over a decade I have made the trip up to Rochester every August to attend 3 or 4 practices at St. John Fisher (and Fredonia prior to that). I feel like I am done with it all after this year, Sunday Ticket, training camp, putting flags and signs out front on sundays, never leaving the house without some type of Bills gear on, just done with it. But you know what, after a boring winter and spring, I will be right back there next year, just like the majority of people on this board that say they are done, because it is in our blood. All I know is the Bills can take some credit for my high blood pressure, diabetes, balding and what is there is almost all gray. Thanks Ralph.

This would imply that there is some kind of stress going on. For stress there has to be some form of expectation of success. I don't think I even feel that anymore. I don't get upset at losses at all because there is no real belief that this team will ever be good.

[/b]

This would imply that there is some kind of stress going on. For stress there has to be some form of expectation of success. I don't think I even feel that anymore. I don't get upset at losses at all because there is no real belief that this team will ever be good.

Wow, so true....Losses don't even bother me anymore.......The last time I was really ticked off was the Monday nighter against Dallas last year......The Cleveland game this year, eh, I expected it.

When is enough, enough?

Last Saturday I paid my Directv Bill. My balance due was a couple of hundred dollars. They were going to turn off my service on Sunday. My bill was that high because I had not paid for the NFL Sunday ticket yet.

For me shelling out the two and a half Benjamin's plus to watch football is not easy. This honestly is money I could have used for Christmas. While watching the game against the Jets, I started to realize that it is just not worth it. I didn’t get my money’s worth. Worst yet, looks like nothing will happen in the near future to make the expense justifiable.

Adding a couple of free agents, drafting some hopeful college prospects and getting a couple of new position coaches isn’t going to do it for me. I have been a life long Bills fan. I have a signed picture of Ko Simpson framed in my office. He autographed it: To “A Real Bills Fm” because that is what I’m known as. But honestly, I’ve just about had it. When Dick J was hired by the Bills, I was so angry that I threw several of my Buffalo Bills items out of my bedroom window into the pond next to my house. I told my wife I would never follow the Bills again. But of course, stupid me, I came back and have paid just under $1,000.00 to watch the Bills have three consecutive losing seasons.

At this point, I think my biggest mistake was expecting the Bills to be consistently competitive in the NFL. My second mistake was to think that anyone at One Bills drive actually cares about the fans outside of the revenue we bring.

When is enough, enough? Why should I continue to be a loyal fan? I don’t know if I’m just so disappointed or actually starting to emotionally divorce myself from the organization I have cherished for over 35 years.

Is anyone else feeling this way? Or does being true Bills fan mean to: Shut up, Pay up, complain not, and expect nothing?

I feel your pain. The main reason I got Direct TV was so I could see the Bills play every Sunday. Direct TV has a monopoly on the NFL Sunday ticket and they jack up the price every year. If the Bills/Ralph don't make significant changes in the offseason, I'm not going to renew the NFL Sunday ticket next year. I love the Bills and have been following them since the Chuck Knox era, but I can't take the punishment anymore. 9 years without playoffs is a slap in the face to us loyal fans.

[/b]

Wow! Now even we are like Jauron.

I have the whole Superfan HD package on DTV. It's sorta' like gambling that your team is going to be worth paying for. I know in my area I would only see maybe 2 Bills games on "free" tv so I always get the Ticket. What pisses me off more than paying the money is that my wife keeps scheduling family events on Sunday afternoon, because that's the ONLY day everyone can get together. I don't get to fully enjoy my investment (i do like to watch the other games too!)

I have to keep telling her, "honey, i PAY for these Sunday afternoon's...let me at least get what i'm paying for".

I have the whole Superfan HD package on DTV. It's sorta' like gambling that your team is going to be worth paying for. I know in my area I would only see maybe 2 Bills games on "free" tv so I always get the Ticket. What pisses me off more than paying the money is that my wife keeps scheduling family events on Sunday afternoon, because that's the ONLY day everyone can get together. I don't get to fully enjoy my investment (i do like to watch the other games too!)

I have to keep telling her, "honey, i PAY for these Sunday afternoon's...let me at least get what i'm paying for".

Have to get some form of DVR! :D

[/b]

I guess I am old enough to remember the early 90's and the success and maybe got a little too used to it. It is kinda like that first time with a gorgeous woman, you expect every time to be like that but it never is.

When is enough, enough?

Last Saturday I paid my Directv Bill. My balance due was a couple of hundred dollars. They were going to turn off my service on Sunday. My bill was that high because I had not paid for the NFL Sunday ticket yet.

For me shelling out the two and a half Benjamin's plus to watch football is not easy. This honestly is money I could have used for Christmas. While watching the game against the Jets, I started to realize that it is just not worth it. I didn’t get my money’s worth. Worst yet, looks like nothing will happen in the near future to make the expense justifiable.

Adding a couple of free agents, drafting some hopeful college prospects and getting a couple of new position coaches isn’t going to do it for me. I have been a life long Bills fan. I have a signed picture of Ko Simpson framed in my office. He autographed it: To “A Real Bills Fm” because that is what I’m known as. But honestly, I’ve just about had it. When Dick J was hired by the Bills, I was so angry that I threw several of my Buffalo Bills items out of my bedroom window into the pond next to my house. I told my wife I would never follow the Bills again. But of course, stupid me, I came back and have paid just under $1,000.00 to watch the Bills have three consecutive losing seasons.

At this point, I think my biggest mistake was expecting the Bills to be consistently competitive in the NFL. My second mistake was to think that anyone at One Bills drive actually cares about the fans outside of the revenue we bring.

When is enough, enough? Why should I continue to be a loyal fan? I don’t know if I’m just so disappointed or actually starting to emotionally divorce myself from the organization I have cherished for over 35 years.

Is anyone else feeling this way? Or does being true Bills fan mean to: Shut up, Pay up, complain not, and expect nothing?

I was an avid Direct TV user NFL sunday ticket subscriber. SInce I live in NE Buffalo games are hard to come by especially when they are not the juggernauts they use to be. After the fiasco against PITT in the final game of the season where a win will get us in against third stringers I gave it up. Best money saved if you ask me. Now i watch them on the internet all nice and fuzzy just like their play but now I got the NFL rewind SO i can clearly see the bone head plays. Until they can show me the abilty to be consistent I will not pay that much money to watch a piss poor product. :lol:

Wow, so true....Losses don't even bother me anymore.......The last time I was really ticked off was the Monday nighter against Dallas last year......The Cleveland game this year, eh, I expected it.

So true. When Lindell lined up for that fg, I KNEW it wasn't going to be good. But for me, the Jets loss was the first one that I didn't care about, all of the other ones have lingered until about Wednesday. That's what has me on the verge of giving up on supporting this team. If the players, coaches, management, and owner are not dedicated to, concerned about, or capable of being successful, then why should I give a damn?