turner gill interviewing tomorrow

loyal2dagame

Iowa State is Big 12 and BCS. If he turns the program around there like he did in Buffalo he's competing for BCS Bowls and National Championships. Winning the Mac gets you to Toronto. Besides, how great would it be for him to lead Iowa State to prominence while the man he replaced struggles at Auburn...you know, the same Auburn that won't hire Gill because he's married to a white woman?

He takes that job if they offer it.

Iowa State is Big 12 and BCS. If he turns the program around there like he did in Buffalo he's competing for BCS Bowls and National Championships. Winning the Mac gets you to Toronto. Besides, how great would it be for him to lead Iowa State to prominence while the man he replaced struggles at Auburn...you know, the same Auburn that won't hire Gill because he's married to a white woman?

He takes that job if they offer it.

<_<Outstanding post Animal. I was wishfully hoping Turner might have decided to stay at UB for another 2 or 3 years to try and establish a MAC dynasty before he left. Or maybe even decide to just stay at UB his entire coaching career - now how's that for wishful thinking?

But as that cult movie from the 90's proclaims, reality sucks. Gill is the hottest young college coaching prospect in the country outside of the southern red neck "living perpetually in the 50's" programs such as pathetic Auburn. Iowa State would be a fantastic opportunity for him and his family, and if he takes it, I wish him nothing but the very best!!

Of course, if freakin' Syracuse would have been smart enough to hire him, I would have been one happy life-long Orange fan, that's for sure! At least Gross had the common sense to hire a young talented NFL OC who just happened to have coaching Syracuse as his life long dream, if not Turner Gill. Robinson may have been a good NFL DC with a couple of SB rings to show off when he came to Syracuse in '05, but he had no clue on how to recruit for the 'Cuse and it showed!