3.8 yards per attempt in the passing game...

LabattBlue

Whether it's Losman or Edwards, good or bad weather, adequate or piss poor pass blocking, the passing game for the most part has sucked for several years now.

3.8 yards per attempt yesterday...PATHETIC. Even with the "gunslinger" in there, other than the Hail Mary, how many of the 39 passes were in the air more than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage?

I don't buy any of this crap about the WR's not getting open. You see WR's catching passes throughout the NFL with DB's blanketing them. If your QB needs to have WR's with no DB's within 10 yards of them in order to throw the ball their way, it is time to find a new QB.

I was thinking the same exact thing during the game when Losman had like 85 yards throwing going into the last quarter (or something like that). You call that a quarterback in the NFL. He will not get anything more then a back up position on a team next year regardless of the situation....................he absolutely sucks! I still can't believe Losman thinks he is learning from his mistakes. The only thing he has learned since wearing a Bills uniform is how to REGRESS.

Whether it's Losman or Edwards, good or bad weather, adequate or piss poor pass blocking, the passing game for the most part has sucked for several years now.

3.8 yards per attempt yesterday...PATHETIC. Even with the "gunslinger" in there, other than the Hail Mary, how many of the 39 passes were in the air more than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage?

I don't buy any of this crap about the WR's not getting open. You see WR's catching passes throughout the NFL with DB's blanketing them. If your QB needs to have WR's with no DB's within 10 yards of them in order to throw the ball their way, it is time to find a new QB.

2.8 yards per pass play, actually - you need to factor in lost sack yardage.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20081214020

I was thinking the same exact thing during the game when Losman had like 85 yards throwing going into the last quarter (or something like that). You call that a quarterback in the NFL. He will not get anything more then a back up position on a team next year regardless of the situation....................he absolutely sucks! I still can't believe Losman thinks he is learning from his mistakes. The only thing he has learned since wearing a Bills uniform is how to REGRESS.

It's not just Losman. Edwards has had many similar games where it is one pass after another either behind the line of scrimmage or within 10 yards of it.

I'm not sure if this is a direct result of the play calling, the QB refusing to pass the ball downfield even when that is the play called or something else, but I've had it with this offense especially when it comes to throwing the ball.

its the conservastive approach we dont want to lose the game by tunring the ball over ... :angry: it happened anway :wallbash::censored:

If you give me an aging (present day) Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, James Lofton, Pete Metzerlas, and the old rock solid offensive line and put them with our old offensive coord. and head coach Marv Levy from the Super Bowl Years, I would have to believe they might even look better then our current cast of misfits. I feel bad for Marshawn, Freddie J, Lee Evans, and Josh Reed............they bust their ass for a horrible off coord. and head coach in a terrible offensive system.

It's not just Losman. Edwards has had many similar games where it is one pass after another either behind the line of scrimmage or within 10 yards of it.

I'm not sure if this is a direct result of the play calling, the QB refusing to pass the ball downfield even when that is the play called or something else, but I've had it with this offense especially when it comes to throwing the ball.

Actually, at one point Edwards was leading the league in Avg. Yards/Attempt....

I think it was actually NET 2.8 yards / attempt.

If you give me an aging (present day) Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, James Lofton, Pete Metzerlas, and the old rock solid offensive line and put them with our old offensive coord. and head coach Marv Levy from the Super Bowl Years, I would have to believe they might even look better then our current cast of misfits. I feel bad for Marshawn, Freddie J, Lee Evans, and Josh Reed............they bust their ass for a horrible off coord. and head coach in a terrible offensive system.
josh reed sucks

It appears to me that both Edwards and Losman have been playing scared these past few weeks. The constant dump-offs, the short throws. By calling short routes, Edwards (and even Losman) must know the coaches have little faith in their ability to throw down field. It wasn't as if the Jets dropped 9 into coverage all day.

Frankly, players play like their coaches coach. I don't think either side of the ball has any faith in the coaching staff, and it's compounded by stupid play-calling.

TS pre-season talk about being more aggressive has turned into one thing: BS.

Maybe it wasn't SF after all, but the guy who hired him.

He finds the soft spot in the defenses, gets open, moves the chains, and blocks awesome. He does all that and then you have to also take into account he is in a horrible offensive system with terrible play calling and I would say, Yes, Josh Reed is a great 3rd receiver for any offense.

josh reed sucks