silvermike

What does the line need?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Pick as many as apply

• Depth
    • Center
    • Guards
    • Tackles

Our line has actually, secretly, played okay I think - Preston is a disaster, but despite a gap in the middle, they've been opening holes and giving JP time to throw (not that he uses it).

Say we bring in Alex Mack and some veteran depth? Would that satisfy you that we could have a solid, reliable front five next year, or do they need more starters at T and G?

If Ralph in a senior moment made me the GM of the team I'd try to get Jason Brown 6,4 320 starting center from Baltimore and Chris Kemoeatu 6,3 340 G from Pittsburgh- two very tough somsofBitc#s who really play smash mouth football they are going to be free agents 2009 but I'd be surprised if their teams don't make every effort to lock them up before then. As for Mack I have total respect for him but in the first round I'd be looking for a big play LB and I'm pretty sure that Mack doesn't make it to the second round.

Aside from snapping it on the wrong count and forgetting that JP is in shotgun, I'd say our OLine is fine as is going into next year. If we could get a few studs, I'd take 'em don't get me wrong. ML ran for 127 yards today and 138 or so against San Fran in 3 quarters. We've done well running the football and protecting the QB in the last 6 games or so. We're just bad QBing and idiotic playcalling (see the pass to FB on 2nd and 5 against Jets and camping on the 33 against Clowns) away from winning the division.

Like the whole Bills team, improve what we've got, don't blow it up!

Go BILLS !!

Say we bring in Alex Mack and some veteran depth? Would that satisfy you that we could have a solid, reliable front five next year, or do they need more starters at T and G?

Personally, I think the o-line has been playing fairly well overall.

Even Dan Dierdork was complimenting the line for giving our "quarterback" plenty of time to throw, and they looked like they were actually getting a push in the run game today.

There are other problems that need more immediate attention on this team...particularily on the defensive side of the ball--front 7 pass rushers come to mind.

However, if there is an opportunity to upgrade at center, grab it!!

Grab the best DE/LB avaialable when we pick in the first and try to trade up to get Mack in the mid-late first. (who I've been pushing for since May 11th, when this first came up).

In the offseason grab an experienced interior lineman or two (similar to what we did with Whittle) to be backups. We are set at both tackle posotions, and Chambers has played well this year. We are ok at G with Dockery and Butler. The only clear weakness is at C, and I think Mack would be a great addition.

Grab the best DE/LB avaialable when we pick in the first and try to trade up to get Mack in the mid-late first. (who I've been pushing for since May 11th, when this first came up).

In the offseason grab an experienced interior lineman or two (similar to what we did with Whittle) to be backups. We are set at both tackle posotions, and Chambers has played well this year. We are ok at G with Dockery and Butler. The only clear weakness is at C, and I think Mack would be a great addition.

We need a friggin' Demarcus Ware.

We need a friggin' Demarcus Ware.

Here's a list of the top DE prospects expected to come out this year.

Michael Johnson has a similar build and speed of Ware, and is slotted to go around where we'll be drafting. Although DE's who have great 40 times tend to go very early, and have my doubts if he'll last that long.

The prospect I like is George Selvie from South Florida, He reminds me of Dwight Freeny.

My perfect draft would be Selvie/Maualuga (ILB) with our first pick and to trade up for Mack. If we did somehow win the lottery and have Maualuga fall to us, move him to MLB, and have Poz take over for Crowell/Ellison.