It's all about QB play.

el Tigre

This seasons collapse is not Jaurons fault. It's not the defenses fault. It's not the questionable play-calling. It's because of poor play at the QB position. Period. When TE played well we won,when TE or JP played poorly,we lost. Fix the QB position next year and we're in the playoffs.

This seasons collapse is not Jaurons fault. It's not the defenses fault. It's not the questionable play-calling. It's because of poor play at the QB position. Period. When TE played well we won,when TE or JP played poorly,we lost. Fix the QB position next year and we're in the playoffs.

Coaching, personnel and on-field performance have all been contributing factors to another sh------- season. Off the top of my head, I'd rank them as follows:

Coaching 35%

On-field performance: 35%

Personnel: 30%

so it wasnt the defensive that gave up the first 17 points it was the poor play of the QB put down the pipe the reveolving door at qb HAS TO STOP!!!!!! :angry:

so it wasnt the defensive that gave up the first 17 points it was the poor play of the QB put down the pipe the reveolving door at qb HAS TO STOP!!!!!! :angry:

We were still in position to win the game. The constant in our loses this season has been poor QB play. I'm not saying TE is done. Give him another shot next year with maybe a more experienced OC and see what happens. But also keep your eyes open to someone else that could be availiable,thru draft or FA. Name me a game this season that our QB played well that we lost.

What about the non existant pass rush??

No question that good quarterback play is the shortest distance between winning and losing. That's why they should address OL and TE first and foremost in the offseason.

However, the Bills fast start was because of GREAT quarterback play, not because the QB played "well". Edwards was awesome for that first month. Great QB play is not something you can count on every week though, unless of course you have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Otherwise, you have to win on some days when your QB is not that effective.

The Bills can't do that. They are poorly coached by a time tested loser. At his best Jauron is like Norv Turner, he can win for a short period, but he'll f*ck up a good thing even then. He does not instill a fear of failure in his players and as a result they accept less from themselves.

Payers have to be put in a position to win. Everyone saw the naked boot Favre had today, thats the type of play call that wins games. PA, boots, any type of deception. It looked like we figured that out vrs KC, but nope, we find something that works and NEVER USE IT AGAIN. Aside from Qb, the Jets man for man are what, maybe one player better than us? Its not personel. Our coachs cannot put the players in a position to succeed.

Losman is a very bad QB and today proved it. The only reason we stayed in this game today was Lynch and ST. I don't understand why the coaches called a roll out pass when all we had to do is keep running the ball to win the game and run out the clock. Bad QB. Bad coaching.

No question that good quarterback play is the shortest distance between winning and losing. That's why they should address OL and TE first and foremost in the offseason.

However, the Bills fast start was because of GREAT quarterback play, not because the QB played "well". Edwards was awesome for that first month. Great QB play is not something you can count on every week though, unless of course you have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Otherwise, you have to win on some days when your QB is not that effective.

The Bills can't do that. They are poorly coached by a time tested loser. At his best Jauron is like Norv Turner, he can win for a short period, but he'll f*ck up a good thing even then. He does not instill a fear of failure in his players and as a result they accept less from themselves.

I disagree. I don't think Trent was ever GREAT. He was very good for short stretches within a game. He never played GREAT for a whole game. Overall TE played good but not great when we won. When we lost he abolutely SUCKED,as did JP most of the time. Jauron is an average coach. I would like better, but with solid,consistent QB play he could get this team to the playoffs.

it's all about:

qb play

o-line play

defensive ends

linebacker play

coaching

scouting

drafting

conditioning

ownership

in other words this franchise has no shot.

I disagree. I don't think Trent was ever GREAT. He was very good for short stretches within a game. He never played GREAT for a whole game. Overall TE played good but not great when we won. When we lost he abolutely SUCKED,as did JP most of the time. Jauron is an average coach. I would like better, but with solid,consistent QB play he could get this team to the playoffs.

He was phenomenal his first few weeks, and Badol forgot to add week 6 (he didn't play in week 5 beyond a few snaps). What is about a 100 QB rating plus a few fourth quarter comebacks that you don't like?

I'm with OP on this one.

I can accept that we don't have Manning or Brady and as a result can't expect our QB to play the way Trent did vs. the Chargers every week.

You have to remember though that our running game also sucked for the 1st month+ of the season (which I think is a big part of what made us appreciate TE's good play that much more).

We didn't need our QB to play a "Chargers game" against the Browns, 49ers, Dolphins, or Jets today. We needed them to not play like John Beck squared. We get that and for all of our flaws we're sole possession of 1st place.

He was phenomenal his first few weeks, and Badol forgot to add week 6 (he didn't play in week 5 beyond a few snaps). What is about a 100 QB rating plus a few fourth quarter comebacks that you don't like?

His turnovers and inconsistency comes to mind.

In wins this year (6 games) he is 127-181 (70.2%) with 244 Y/G, 8 TD's, 2 INTs and 2 fumbles lost for a QB rating of 102.5

In losses this year (6 games- actually 5.5) he is 87-143 (60.8%), 152.3 Y/G, 3 TD's, 8 INTs and 2 fumbles lost for a QB rating of 63.1.