A Realistic Wish List for 2009

I don't understand why Edwards is OBVIOUSLY the future. He still has not shown the ability to play well in poor weather, or stay healthy. He has not improved his play & in fact has REGRESSED. I would like to see the Bills bring in a DECENT Vet - better than the two you named to compete with Trent during training camp for the starting job.

Personally, I stay stick with him for now, whether he is or not. Build up the offensive and defensive lines, then see what he can do. If he still doesn't get it done, replace him- with a QB that steps into a good situation- look what that did for Rothisberger in Pitt.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I stay stick with him for now, whether he is or not. Build up the offensive and defensive lines, then see what he can do. If he still doesn't get it done, replace him- with a QB that steps into a good situation- look what that did for Rothisberger in Pitt.

I would agree, but the job should not be handed back to him next year. Let him compete for it and earn it. maybe that would be the wake up call he needs. We need a starter who can stay on the field, is consistent, and most of all, is not afraid to go donw field to his PLAYMAKERS. When TE demonstrates this, then he should be the starter.

I would agree, but the job should not be handed back to him next year. Let him compete for it and earn it. maybe that would be the wake up call he needs. We need a starter who can stay on the field, is consistent, and most of all, is not afraid to go donw field to his PLAYMAKERS. When TE demonstrates this, then he should be the starter.

On that interception in the endzone, JP put the ball up for a "playmaker" look how he got payed back for it.......Evans just sat there. I'm sure that didn't inspire confidence for Edwards to make the same type of attempt

I agree about building up the lines, but why not bring in a SOLID Vet to compete with him in preseason next year?

I would put Kelsay, Denney, Schobel, Walker and Fred Jackson on the trading block and look to stockpile as many draft picks as I can to rebuilt the offensive and defensive lines. If we can sign Albert Haynesworth, great, if not, don't add big names just to add them...it kills the cap.

Put a premium on defensive line, then offensive line in the draft as we need to take advantage of the horrible winter weather and defense is the route. Try to find a sam Gash type fullback. Offensive linemen should be the smaller quick type that can zone block and really turn Lynch loose

I would trade Schobel to DET for their 2nd first rd pick (from DAL). Then first round should be best DE possible, then Alex Mack unless Taylor Mays is there then I go Center in round 2 the kid from Arkansas is good too. The draft needs should be DE, C, OLB, DT (big), WR and RB ( pass catching D. Meggett type) late.

FA activity would be TE I think Winslow and Gonzalez will be available this offseason. LB would also be a priority if we get Vilma we could move POZ to WLB.

We need a coach to install a more aggressive defense and provide an identity on offense. I don't think the line is that bad the entire offense looks lost recently.

On that interception in the endzone, JP put the ball up for a "playmaker" look how he got payed back for it.......Evans just sat there. I'm sure that didn't inspire confidence for Edwards to make the same type of attempt

That was POOR coaching in my opinion. It should have been Hardy not Evans playing in that situation, remember the Jags game?

But thats the problem that even before that game, Trent has turned into a gunshy QB due to his own errors. Look at the Cleveland game. He needs to get that "forget the last play, I'm going to still look at my receivers" mentality. Instead, his first read almost always seems to be the checkdown.

That was POOR coaching in my opinion. It should have been Hardy not Evans playing in that situation, remember the Jags game?

But everyone thinks Evans is our best WR. It should have been to our best WR- Josh Reed.

But thats the problem that even before that game, Trent has turned into a gunshy QB due to his own errors. Look at the Cleveland game. He needs to get that "forget the last play, I'm going to still look at my receivers" mentality. Instead, his first read almost always seems to be the checkdown.

He does that because there are no playmakers

Quarterback Moves: Losman gone, We sign Ramsey to help Edwards

Edwards is obviously the future. I do believe this is his make or break despite this being his 2nd year starting. Is the concussion really an impact on his confidence? We will find out in 2009.

Runningback Moves: Will stay the same, We sign a RB through the late draft

Lynch is our feature back and I believe he will be much better with a new center. Fred Jackson will stay and Omon will also stay unless he fumbles his way out like Dwayne Wright (which I don't think will happen).

Wide Receiver Moves: Will stay the same, We sign a WR in the late draft

Our core is pretty good. We have our Evans, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Jenkins and an upcoming star in Steve Johnson.

Tight End Moves: Royal gone, We sign a TE in the late draft

It seems like one of the Dereks will be starting next year. I really do not know how Royal is starting on any NFL roster.

Offensive Line Moves: Stays the same, We grab a center in the early draft

I know how much we want a new center - but I really don't think anything will change on this line. We pick up a center in the early draft.

Special Team Moves: Stays the Same

Lindell and Moorman are safe.

Defensive Line Moves: Kelsay battles 1st round DE draft pick for starting spot.

I do believe the line will be exactly the same as this year but now we have a stud DE as our 1st rounder.

Linebacker Moves: Crowell gone, We sign a OLB in the mid draft, Vilma signed to 3 year deal.

Jonathan Vilma is our big off season pickup of 2009. Crowell leaves the team. Vilma brings agility and better tackling to the team.

Cornerback Moves: Draft CB in mid draft

I cannot see Greer leaving the Bills this season. The lineup looks basically the same.

Safety Moves: Stays the Same

KO Simpson did show signs of stardom but that quickly diminished. He is slow to get to the ball. Not a great run stopper either. We do have depth at FS but I do not think KO is the answer. He will start in 2009.

Possible Pick ups:

DE Bertrand Berry -Would be a huge pickup but small chance due to Kyle Williams

LB Karlos Dansby - either him or Vilma

QB Boller - either him or Ramsey

WR Jabar Gaffney - If Reed is indeed the 2nd WR in 2009, Gaffney could be a good slot receiver with Parrish

Surprise Move:

K Shane Lechler

I absolutely love the Vilma signing. I would also like to see us go after a Center in free agency.

As for our draft, DE is definately the number one priority. I'd like to see us go after a TE in round two and a OG in round three.

I've never read so much bullsh!t in my life. Evans had the guy beat by 5 feet to the outside, watch the replay. JP threw a !@#$ing brutal ball about 5 yards too short, WHAT THE HELL IS EVANS SUPPOSED TO DO? Josh Reed isn't the best WR on the team, if you think that, then you're a complete clown and have a vendetta against Evans who is 5th in the AFC receiving yards on the sh!ttiest friggin offense I've ever seen.

And yes, I hate the coaches too, but don't blame them for Losman's INT. JP Sh!thead audibled out of a run in order to throw that pass. Ridiculous.

I've never read so much bullsh!t in my life. Evans had the guy beat by 5 feet to the outside, watch the replay. JP threw a !@#$ing brutal ball about 5 yards too short, WHAT THE HELL IS EVANS SUPPOSED TO DO? Josh Reed isn't the best WR on the team, if you think that, then you're a complete clown and have a vendetta against Evans who is 5th in the AFC receiving yards on the sh!ttiest friggin offense I've ever seen.

And yes, I hate the coaches too, but don't blame them for Losman's INT. JP Sh!thead audibled out of a run in order to throw that pass. Ridiculous.

Sorry, but Reed is the most reliable. Evans is the most talented and maybe one of the best deep threats in the league.

Sorry, but Reed is the most reliable. Evans is the most talented and maybe one of the best deep threats in the league.

I don't disagree he's the most reliable. Reed a is solid, solid player, I like him a lot. But to even suggest he's better than Evans is foolish. Evans goes against the oppositions top CB, why wouldn't you throw to your dependable slot guy on 3rd & 5. I have more of a problem with you blaming Lee on that INT. That pass HAS to be throw to land 10 yards out of bounds, we have all seen Evans make numerous acrobatic catches along the sidelines in the endzone. That play is 100% on Losman.

I don't disagree he's the most reliable. Reed a is solid, solid player, I like him a lot. But to even suggest he's better than Evans is foolish. Evans goes against the oppositions top CB, why wouldn't you throw to your dependable slot guy on 3rd & 5. I have more of a problem with you blaming Lee on that INT. That pass HAS to be throw to land 10 yards out of bounds, we have all seen Evans make numerous acrobatic catches along the sidelines in the endzone. That play is 100% on Losman.

Just like what happened in the Jets game last year, sometimes you have to throw the ball up for grabs and let your receiver make a play- Evans came up big in this game, but he did not on Sunday. Granted, it wasn't a good throw, but the DB was within Evans' reach

Just like what happened in the Jets game last year, sometimes you have to throw the ball up for grabs and let your receiver make a play- Evans came up big in this game, but he did not on Sunday. Granted, it wasn't a good throw, but the DB was within Evans' reach

JP didn't put it in a spot for him to be able to make a play.

Offensive Line Moves: Stays the same, We grab a center in the early draft

I know how much we want a new center - but I really don't think anything will change on this line. We pick up a center in the early draft.

Sorry - this makes no sense at all.

1. Early draft rookie centers start in this league all the time.

2. Fowler is so well thought of by the coaches he's been benched for a stiff like Preston. I've never seen an NFL O-lineman who got pancaked as often as Fowler does and kept his job for so long - amazing.

3. Did I mention Preston's a stiff?

There is no reason at all to believe this team under any management would draft a Center high and not use him right away.