Will the Bills be here in 2008?

Rudyc80

Actually my money is on Jacobs!

The other thing going on in Buffalo's favor thesedays is it seems the trend of cities giving teams great stadium deals has turned the other way. Other than LA, what cities are being talked about for a team? There also appears to be other teams in higher need of moving, such as Minn. and Ind.

Just curious, the comment was brought up that the NFL charter doesn't allow Green Bay type ownership. I wounder if the NFL could prevent it if for example Ralph's will decreed that to happen?

Do you think that the number of "out of town fans" matters at all? Look at this board. There are posters (and who knows how many lurkers) from around the world! I am willing to bet that virtually all of us purchase many items withthe logo.

88443[/snapback]

The caps, tire covers, jerseys, t-shirts, etc are licensed by NFL Properties, which grants (for a fee) manufacturers permission to use member clubs' logos and insignia -Look for the sticker with the holographic NFL shield on your copy of Madden, or your Bills hat for example.

The revenue generated from NFL Properties ends up in the revenue-sharing stream, and is divided equally by all 32 clubs. So the short answer is no, all of our puchases of all that Bills stuff doesn't doesn't directly impact/benefit the Bills.

But cheer up. You know that new authentic Bills jersey you just bought? It paid for TO's spinner rims! <_<

Actually my money is on Jacobs!

Jacobs is a strong possibility as well. However I haven't heard flattering things about him.

The other thing going on in Buffalo's favor thesedays is it seems the trend of cities giving teams great stadium deals has turned the other way.  Other than LA, what cities are being talked about for a team?  There also appears to be other teams in higher need of moving, such as Minn. and Ind.

LA is the only market the NFL desperately wants to fill. And as I said, the odds are good that it WILL be filled before Ralph shuffles off this mortal coil. I also think the NFL doesn't really want teams to move in communities where they support the team, after the whole Browns fiasco.

Just curious, the comment was brought up that the NFL charter doesn't allow Green Bay type ownership.  I wounder if the NFL could prevent it if for example Ralph's will decreed that to happen?

88851[/snapback]

I'd figure if Ralph WERE to will the team to the community, the estate taxes would still be a problem Not that I think Ralph can will the team to the community anyway.

rudyc80 why don't YOU go find a new team that is winning and get the f... out of hear .assclowns like you we don't need :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

More importantly, will we have scored 2 offensive touchdown's in a single game by then?

88627[/snapback]

Oh my! Someone is posting something of REAL concern to counter one of Rudyc80's, " The sky has fallen and I can't get up." posts. <_<

Right now though MY biggest concern is whether or not we will be able to score a single rushing TD in a game before then. Hopefully the move to make McGahee a co-starter at RB will put the needed spark into our offense. I wonder if we'll have them both in the backfield together for 20+ plays against Arizona. Now that would be interesting!

I don't think the Bills will be going anywhere in 2008, but it is very likely that they will have no chance of being competitive in 2008. The salary cap system is due to be dumped in favor of a MLB system in 2007.

Link.