71 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best solution?

• Sit outside of the stadium and tailgate
    • 1st quarter walkout
    • Paperbags/signs
    • No concession
    • Leave after the national anthem
    • Wear a specific colored shirt

In some ways I should not have input into this as I will not be there under any scenario. I thought the idea of people wearing a specific color of shirt was a good one because it still allows them a voice, the team can't stop it and it does not cause anyone to have to waste hard earned money by forfeiting tix.

I know Tix are expensive and perhaps some parent or group bought tix to take their kids to a game. I would hate to deny anyone the opportunity to partake. I have been a lifelong fan because my granfather took me to a game as a young boy and I just remember how electrifying the experience was. Wearing a different color shirt allows everyone to participate but they do not have to give up anything (except the cost of a shirt - maybe)

My suggestion for color would be black as it shows fans are in mourning over the slow death of this franchise.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been posted on a few threads so I say we get a poll together and make a decision. I for one can't be at the game but I love the idea's I'm reading.

Here is what you should all do: Write to Toronto or Los Angeles or San Antonio, tell them to please take the Buffalo Bills off your tortured hands. Poll all your money, and pay Wilson for the moving expenses. Go out to RWS, all 73,000 strong of you Bills Nation miracle workers, and wear the same shirt that says: WE HATE HAVING AN NFL TEAM AND NOW WE LOVE OUR EMPTY STADIUM.

I'm sure ESPN will be all over that story. :rolleyes:

Here is what you should all do: Write to Toronto or Los Angeles or San Antonio, tell them to please take the Buffalo Bills off your tortured hands. Poll all your money, and pay Wilson for the moving expenses. Go out to RWS, all 73,000 strong of you Bills Nation miracle workers, and wear the same shirt that says: WE HATE HAVING AN NFL TEAM AND NOW WE LOVE OUR EMPTY STADIUM.

And I advocate you stop living in fear...

What team do you support?

I think the 1st QTR walkout would be more visibly powerful and garner more attenton...

Why would you do this? Really? This is turning your backs on the players not Wilson...so we lose a few games and now people just want to abandon the team becaue you are mad at the Owners...

Heres what ticks me off about these protestors...

1. You were all singing the praises of the front office over the FA signings and draft picks.

2. People were talking DJ for coach of the year when we were 5-1 and supporting a contract extension. Now that we are losing you are flip flopping and acting like the FO is a bunch of morons for signing this guy to an extension when most this board supported it when we were 5-1, which is when they gave him the fabled extension...

So you all want to boycott a team for making decisions you were in agreement with that are not working out now. What a joke...the front office made the decisions they felt were good for this team at the time, and you all supported it and thought the FO was doing a good job...in other words, you would have done same thing.

So get off Wilson already...he paid to extend a guy who looked like he was turning the team around and we were winning games we NEVER used to win during the first half of the season. He opened up his pocket book for what looked like the right guy for the job during the first 7 or 8 games of the season.

So your solution is to boycott the very product you were all nuts over earlier in the year...so you are as WRONG as the FO on the assesment of our team at that point...how hypocritical...bunch of arm chair QB's

And I advocate you stop living in fear...

What is this, the American Revolution I'm standing up against? Am I trying to convince you to pay the King's tea taxes or something? You guys are nuts, you know that? I'm done with this boycott crap. Go ahead and knock yourselves out, and boycott away. I'll be home watching the Pats game to if you brave freedom fighters are able to defeat your fear and win the revolution against the evil King Ralph.

Good luck with that.

The last three posters just don't seem to grasp the root of the problem. Teams that fail to make the playoffs for nearly a decade (e.g. Buffalo, Detroit) in a league designed for parity suggest some kind of systematic failure. We're not crapping on the players since they haven't been here for the entire time; they just happen to be a part of this latest collapse. The problem is ownership and management. Unless something FUNDAMENTALLY changes, it's hard to see this team becoming a winner any time soon. If you can suggest a bigger motivational kick in the a$$ than a walkout, I'd love to hear it.

Also, we're fans, not professional scouts or sports managers. We are allowed to sing the praises when teams are winning and call for change when they're losing. Ultimately, I hold the judgment of ownership and management to a higher standard than I do the judgment of fans. It's not unreasonable to expect them to be better and more forward-thinking than we are. After all, it's their job, not ours.

I support the Buffalo Bills. I don't support idiotic ideas like trying to boycott home games of the Buffalo Bills.

So when Ralph is on record as saying he is just used to the losing that goes on here (while laughing), it does not bother you one bit? As soon as I heard that crap, my decision was made for me as far as going to the game.

Between this horrible loser we have as a coach and the guy responsible for garbage hires, I say enough is finally enough. Ralph clearly does not care about this team winning so why should the fans?? As soon as a decision is made on this boycott thing, count me in as I am game for whatever (as long as it does not entail me sitting through the game)

What is this, the American Revolution I'm standing up against? Am I trying to convince you to pay the King's tea taxes or something? You guys are nuts, you know that? I'm done with this boycott crap. Go ahead and knock yourselves out, and boycott away. I'll be home watching the Pats game to if you brave freedom fighters are able to defeat your fear and win the revolution against the evil King Ralph.

Good luck with that.

VJ, (you don't mind if I call you that do you?), why the hostility, the anger? Comparisons are used to further illustrate and by no means are ment to compare the magnatude of the action.

Again, you chose to do nothing and be complacent, OK, I take no umbrage with this as you enjoy rooting for the home team. Said, you should not put down those that want better - life, liberty and the pursuit of a winning organization. Now perhaps I shall draft the Declaration of some sort. I believe I would have the concurrance of Pass-The-Pipe and some other well written and impecably articulate fans of the red white and blue...(Bills that is)

Why would you do this? Really? This is turning your backs on the players not Wilson...so we lose a few games and now people just want to abandon the team becaue you are mad at the Owners...

Heres what ticks me off about these protestors...

1. You were all singing the praises of the front office over the FA signings and draft picks.

2. People were talking DJ for coach of the year when we were 5-1 and supporting a contract extension. Now that we are losing you are flip flopping and acting like the FO is a bunch of morons for signing this guy to an extension when most this board supported it when we were 5-1, which is when they gave him the fabled extension...

So you all want to boycott a team for making decisions you were in agreement with that are not working out now. What a joke...the front office made the decisions they felt were good for this team at the time, and you all supported it and thought the FO was doing a good job...in other words, you would have done same thing.

So get off Wilson already...he paid to extend a guy who looked like he was turning the team around and we were winning games we NEVER used to win during the first half of the season. He opened up his pocket book for what looked like the right guy for the job during the first 7 or 8 games of the season.

So your solution is to boycott the very product you were all nuts over earlier in the year...so you are as WRONG as the FO on the assesment of our team at that point...how hypocritical...bunch of arm chair QB's

LOL What? Prove that these same posters who want to protest were so enamored with the FO. I'll be the first to admit that I was happy when we were 5-1. I liked the Hardy pick but I never once said that I was in agreement with the FO. How can you justify your post? I think a lot of us were cautiously optimistic but that's it.

I guess some are fine with mediocrity but 10 years of it is getting close to my limit. I have supported and defended this team my whole life and I always will but making a statement seems necessary. If you want to just sit back and pay money for 7-9 then you must be in heaven right now. In fact all of you that think doing nothing is the way to go must be fine with 7-9. How proud of your team you must be. I for one want Wilson to know that not all Bills fans are okay with losers just some...

VJ, (you don't mind if I call you that do you?), why the hostility, the anger? Comparisons are used to further illustrate and by no means are ment to compare the magnatude of the action.

Again, you chose to do nothing and be complacent, OK, I take no umbrage with this as you enjoy rooting for the home team. Said, you should not put down those that want better - life, liberty and the pursuit of a winning organization. Now perhaps I shall draft the Declaration of some sort. I believe I would have the concurrance of Pass-The-Pipe and some other well written and impecably articulate fans of the red white and blue...(Bills that is)

I'm sure Pipe will concurr with your declaration, Kipers, if you don't mind me calling you that. Thank you for the calm almost peaceful reply to my angry post. Furthermore, with this final reply in this thread, please let me say that I wish you the best in your boycott endeavors, and look forward with cynical interest, to the outcome from my complacent home.

The last three posters just don't seem to grasp the root of the problem. Teams that fail to make the playoffs for nearly a decade (e.g. Buffalo, Detroit) in a league designed for parity suggest some kind of systematic failure. We're not crapping on the players since they haven't been here for the entire time; they just happen to be a part of this latest collapse. The problem is ownership and management. Unless something FUNDAMENTALLY changes, it's hard to see this team becoming a winner any time soon. If you can suggest a bigger motivational kick in the a$$ than a walkout, I'd love to hear it.

Also, we're fans, not professional scouts or sports managers. We are allowed to sing the praises when teams are winning and call for change when they're losing. Ultimately, I hold the judgment of ownership and management to a higher standard than I do the judgment of fans. It's not unreasonable to expect them to be better and more forward-thinking than we are. After all, it's their job, not ours.

How can anyone compare us to Detroit? Detroit stuck to their guns with the same horrible GM that ran them into the ground. We have been making changes in Buffalo...we didnt just sit back and accept failure. We went out and spent money on FA, big money, retained some players, fired our crappy GM, fired our Coaches, traded for players...etc.

Have they all panned out...No...but some have. This team has been making steps to get better, not just accepting failure, and Wilson is pissed...they are trying up there, which is more than I can say about Detroit all those years.

So how is the protest justified? You are all pissed at Wilson about DJ...Why? He was Marvs guy...Marv was the GM, Marv wanted him, Wilson trusted Marv.

We went out and got what was viewed as the 2nd best OL FA on the market at the time in Dockery, we signed Mitchell, we traded for Stroud, drafted what looked like a good draft in McKelvin and Hardy at the time, went out and got a young QB (TE) early in the draft DESPITE having one that costs us first round picks in JP, and retained what had been our best defensive player in Schobel at the time.

They are making moves to get better EVERY year...some moves work out better than others, but we are headed in the right direction with a young team.

So, this boycott garbage is unjustified...Detroit, Oakland...I can see that as they are a joke out there...but why here? Most of the moves we have made have been widely viewed as great moves. Sure, there were a couple questionable moves in Denney and Kelsay, but you know what, no one team is going to get every move right. There were a LOT more positive moves made than bad ones in the last few years.

You boycott a team that is not making an effort to get better...we do NOT fall into that category...

This team has been making steps to get better, not just accepting failure, and Wilson is pissed...they are trying up there, which is more than I can say about Detroit all those years. So how is the protest justified?

They are making moves to get better EVERY year...some moves work out better than others, but we are headed in the right direction with a young team.

You boycott a team that is not making an effort to get better...we do NOT fall into that category...

I do believe the Bills want to get better, but it is obvious to anyone with a pulse that they are not. I do not believe they are heading in the right direction. They've lost 6 of 7 games. How can you possibly argue that in a year they were supposed to make the playoffs that they are headed in the right direction?

There have been some good draft picks (Lynch, Edwards, McKelvin) and some bad ones (Losman, McCargo, Hardy). The players do seem to be working hard. Nobody is questioning that.

But you claim that the Bills are trying to get better. Our argument has been that Ralph Wilson is NOT doing everything in his power to make this team better. Your players can have all the heart in the world, but without the right talent and the right direction a team will not rack up wins in a very competitive league.

Here's immediately what Wilson could do to make the team better:

- Bring in a REAL football GM to organize the team

- Spend more money on a high-caliber coaching staff

- Invest more in college scouting so that draft picks will become reliable assets

- Lobby the NFL to include coaches and scouts under the salary cap

If Wilson really and truly cared about doing something good for Buffalo right now, he would invest more of his money in fixing the institutional problems that keep this team out of the playoffs. If he has the ability to do this and chooses not to, then we fans must create the incentive for him to do so.