End of first half

Gisele

Why the hell didn't we even try to throw deep to end the first half? With nine seconds to go it is very possible to get a pass interference call and move us into field goal range. Does Coach Dick have any balls? If you take away that meaningless carry for Lynch he only carried the ball twelve times...TWELVE FRIGGIN TIMES.

JAURON, YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK AT YOUR JOB. I'm sure your a nice guy though. Let's get a beer sometime.

Why the hell didn't we even try to throw deep to end the first half? With nine seconds to go it is very possible to get a pass interference call and move us into field goal range. Does Coach Dick have any balls? If you take away that meaningless carry for Lynch he only carried the ball twelve times...TWELVE FRIGGIN TIMES.

JAURON, YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK AT YOUR JOB. I'm sure your a nice guy though. Let's get a beer sometime.

it's also very possible to throw a pick and have it returned...

Also, why not use your time outs... if I recall correctly, Miami had a first and goal at the 8 with approximately 1:20 left.and then ran twice before throwing. Since it was likely they would at least get a field goal attempt, we should have callled timeolut after each run. Yet we let the clock march down to fifteen seconds while not using our three timeouts in order to save the time sohuld they score. Maybe Dick was confused that he still had all three timeouts that late in the half and didn't react.

Just another example of poor clock management by the Yale grad.

Also, why not use your time outs... if I recall correctly, Miami had a first and goal at the 8 with approximately 1:20 left.and then ran twice before throwing. Since it was likely they would at least get a field goal attempt, we should have callled timeolut after each run. Yet we let the clock march down to fifteen seconds while not using our three timeouts in order to save the time sohuld they score. Maybe Dick was confused that he still had all three timeouts that late in the half and didn't react.

Don't know if it is another example of poor clock management, or another example being scared to play competitive NFL football...

It's because deep down Dick knows that the coach on the other sidelines is better than he is -- and the timeouts would only serve to better prepare the opponent for the up coming play.

it's also very possible to throw a pick and have it returned...

Correct, and they might be concerned about that if they were not playing for their lives. That was not the time

to go in to a conservative cocoon, but honestly, that is where Jaron feels most comfortable. I had the very

same thought as you when the final seconds were ticking off of the first half, we should have at least tried

to get 3. I made a post around the second game of the season, stating that I think Jaron is feeling more confident

in his players, and that he would finally start to shed some of those conservative tendancies, and he did, for a while

anyway, but we encounter some difficulties, and jumps right back in to that, he is cluelss. If you heave the ball 50-60

yards down field, the chances of them returning an interception for a touchdown are pretty remote, and unless they took

it all the way back, they would not have had time to get a field goal off. Did we lose the game beacuse of this? No, but

al of these little things add up.

QUOTE (donahoeisgod @ Dec 9 2008, 10:14 AM) *

It's because deep down Dick knows that the coach on the other sidelines is better than he is -- and the timeouts would only serve to better prepare the opponent for the up coming play.

How bout just the opposite? Jauron thinks the other coach is just as bad as him & figures that either he will call the TOs or they'll be so dumb as to have the clock expire b4 they kick the figgie. :rolleyes: