Boycott the Patriots Game

Leo Roth referenced it in this week's banter with Sal Maiorana: "It was also distressing to hear Kawika Mitchell say the NFL is about making money and as long as he gets paid, he doesn't care where he plays. Nice attitude."

From The News: "But as right tackle Langston Walker pointed out, money talks.

"The Bills are making $9.75 million for each of the eight games that will be played in Toronto over five years. That overrules any opinion the players may have.

"'Obviously, the NFL is about making money,' linebacker Kawika Mitchell said. 'If that is what they are doing, that's what they are doing. Other than that, as long as they are making money I am getting paid, so do what you do.'"

personally, I don't think there was much wrong with what Kawika said. Yeah, what Peters and others said was great...how it sucked playing up there...not a home field. But I think Kawika's statement went past that. Maybe he was thinking that other players were using the fact that it seemed like an actual road game as opposed to a "home" game as an excuse. No matter where you play, you're getting paid the same and it shouldn't change your performance whether you're playing at the Ralph, in Miami, in Toronto, or anywhere else.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in my mid 20's, all i have known my entire life as a bills fan is epic failure, heart breaking defeats, disappointing seasons and continued mediocrity. I was too young to appreciated the run in the early 90's.

This teams future fan base has been alienated and has no hope for success. I am a hardcore bills fan but i officaly think i am at my breaking point. I know i am not the only person who is in a similar situation. If this organization does'nt get their collective heads out of their a55's they are going to be alienating their future fans and eventually they will be forced to move due to lack of support.

Wow, it's about time somebody said that. I'm in the same boat as you. Aside from vague images of good teams back when I was a kid too young to appreciate the game, all I've know from the Buffalo Bills is failure.

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I'll say it again. The past few seasons of heartbreaks have caused me to start hating football. I can't talk to my friends about the game without getting upset. There are some Sundays where I come home in such a horrible mood that it ruins the early part of the week for me.

I am not willing to tolerate this forever. There is a point where I will break and not come back. Ralph Wilson had better get that point and quick.

I'm still in favor of the boycott.

Scene: A crowd of suitably dressed folk are engaged in typically brilliant conversation, laughing affectedly and drinking champagne.

Prince: My congratulations, Wilde. Your latest play is a great success. The whole of London's talking about you.

Oscar : There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

There follows fifteen seconds of restrained and sycophantic laughter.

Prince: Very very witty ... very very witty.

Whistler: There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty.

Fifteeen more seconds of the same.

Oscar : I wish I had said that.

Whistler: You will, Oscar, you will. (more laughter)

Oscar : Your Majesty, have you met James McNeill Whistler?

Prince: Yes, we've played squash together.

Oscar : There is only one thing worse than playing squash together, and that is playing it by yourself. (silence) I wish I hadn't said that.

Whistler: You did, Oscar, you did. (a little laughter)

Prince: I've got to get back up the Palace.

Oscar : Your Majesty is like a big jam doughnut with cream on the top.

Prince: I beg your pardon?

Oscar : Um ... It was one of Whistler's.

Whistler: I never said that.

Oscar : You did, James, you did.

The Prince of Wales stares expectantly at Whistler.

Whistler: ... Well, Your Highness, what I meant was that, like a doughnut, um, your arrival gives us pleasure and your departure only makes us hungry for more. (laughter) Your Highness, you are also like a stream of bat's piss.

Prince: What!?

Whistler: It was one of Wilde's! One of Wilde's.

Oscar : It sodding was not! It was Shaw!

Shaw : I ... I merely meant, Your Majesty, that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark.

Prince: (accepting the compliment) Oh.

Oscar: (to Whistler) Right. Right? (to Prince) Your Majesty is like a dose of clap.

Whistler: Before you arrive - before you arrive is pleasure, and after is a pain in the dong.

Prince: What?

Oscar and Whistler: One of Shaw's, one of Shaw's.

Shaw: You bastards. Um ... what I meant, Your Majesty, what I meant ...

Oscar: We've got him, Jim.

Whistler: Come on, Shaw-y.

Oscar: Come on, Shaw-y.

Shaw: I merely meant ...

Whistler: Let's have a bit of wit, then, man.

Shaw : Oh THBBBBBHHHHTT!

The Prince shakes Shaw's hand. Laughter all round.

Wow, it's about time somebody said that. I'm in the same boat as you. Aside from vague images of good teams back when I was a kid too young to appreciate the game, all I've know from the Buffalo Bills is failure.

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I'll say it again. The past few seasons of heartbreaks have caused me to start hating football. I can't talk to my friends about the game without getting upset. There are some Sundays where I come home in such a horrible mood that it ruins the early part of the week for me.

I am not willing to tolerate this forever. There is a point where I will break and not come back. Ralph Wilson had better get that point and quick.

I'm still in favor of the boycott.

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT BROTHER! i figure we as fans must show our disgust and contempt towards what this organization has become or we will just continue to be fed "more of the same"

i would rather not be a bills fan than to follow the bills if this is what they have become. As a dedicated fan i am willing to give this team some "tough love" in the vain hope my weak individual effort will somehow alter a decades woth of continued blunders... at least when i finally have had enough and start looking for an NFC team to support I will know that i tried to fix my beloved bills in my own little way.

seperate our voices are weak, but organized we can get out message out to the organization

Well the game was not the flaming plane crash I had thought, but the TEAM itself did manage to build on the lore of the organization and gut wrenching losses we have been so closely identified with. How has this latest loss impacted the movement to boycott or otherwise denegrate the ownership and organization as a whole?

From the well oiled and highly polished confines of Mel Kipers head, I truely feel that the loss itself was a knockout blow to the gut of the fanbase, but more importantly, to the players themselves. On the national media outlets, (all of them), we pulled one of the most boneheaded plays of the year. Not only do we the fans suffer self induced anger and humility, but now the national media has fanned the flames and added to the pathetic catastrophe known as the 2008 Buffalo Bills. From some of what I have read - players are now exasperated. If retained, how can Jouron get the team back? All indications are he will be back, so perhaps a boycott or some form of financial assult on the ownership is still in the cards...

not showing up and boycotting the game would be an embarassment just the same. The media would run with it and it would get attention. Show up and you're just a lemming willing to pay for inferior coaching and talent for ever. We've been abused long enough.

i agree boycott the game even if you already bought the tickets.

if you do go to the game bring a sign that says "No more Dick" or if your feelig na little more risky bring a sign that says " Please just kick the bucket Ralph"

things are that bad

Yeah boycott the game when you already bought the tickets..........

Look if you really want to hurt Ralph, dont park in his lots before the game and boycott the concessions......that would hurt his wallet like you wouldnt believe....Those beer sale are huge for the Buffalo Bills, and 25 bucks a whack for parking.....

Doing a walk out at the end of the first quarter is what you need to do as well......

But the chances of Ralph even being at the game NONE! He wont be there!

I agree with you. I already have tickets, but a 1st quarter walk out or not showing up till end of 1st qtr would work too.

here's my suggestion. Everyone take $5.00 and go to Wal-Mart and buy a plain white T-Shirt (Fruit of the Loom or Hanes, whichever you prefer... and big enough to wear over your winter gear) and a black Sharpie marker. Then, in big block letters (covering the majority of the front of the shirt) simply write "WHY, RALPH?" If enough people do this, not only will it show solidarity among fans, but it will definitely get on TV, so no matter where Ralph is he'll see it. And if he doesn't, someone will most likely tell him about it. You can say what you want about the coaching staff, or the players for that matter, but it still all goes back to Ralph and the poor decisions he's made. This team will go nowhere until it is owned by someone who is willing to bring in PROVEN FOOTBALL PEOPLE from the top to the bottom.

If I had the money, I would have 72,000 shirts printed myself and just give them away at the game. I've just had it with this organization.

Ralph C. Wilson will never see a dollar of my money ever again. I will be boycotting as long as he owns this team. No hats, no shirts, no jerseys, no attending games, no fan gear of any kind. Total cut off. In short, I have fired him.

This is the passion I am talking about - firing Ralph....

here's my suggestion. Everyone take $5.00 and go to Wal-Mart and buy a plain white T-Shirt (Fruit of the Loom or Hanes, whichever you prefer... and big enough to wear over your winter gear) and a black Sharpie marker. Then, in big block letters (covering the majority of the front of the shirt) simply write "WHY, RALPH?" If enough people do this, not only will it show solidarity among fans, but it will definitely get on TV, so no matter where Ralph is he'll see it. And if he doesn't, someone will most likely tell him about it. You can say what you want about the coaching staff, or the players for that matter, but it still all goes back to Ralph and the poor decisions he's made. This team will go nowhere until it is owned by someone who is willing to bring in PROVEN FOOTBALL PEOPLE from the top to the bottom.

If I had the money, I would have 72,000 shirts printed myself and just give them away at the game. I've just had it with this organization.

I really like this idea. It directs the frustration to the right target and not at the players who I still believe are doing their best. Yep, I understand their best isn't good enough, but perhaps it would be with the right management.

They might lose money on concessions but the tickets are already paid for, and the dirty ole dollar is what Ralph is most concerned with.

Your missing the point. It has NOTHING to do with tickets being bought/sold or not. the game is already unfortunatly a sellout. however, what WILL get ol' Ralphies (or probably russ brandons) attention is if people who have tickets REFUSE to watch the game. that will send a strong message that as fans we are no longer going to tolerate epic failures.

but if for whatever reason you feel you MUST go... at least brown bag yourself... <_<

Walkouts AFTER you bought your tickets won't do a damned thing but make you look retarded, all of you. Instead, you need to go to the Bills Box Office, en masse, BEFORE THE GAME, with someone from the local media in tow to film it, and DEMAND they refund your tickets because you feel you were defrauded into buying them. When they refuse to refund your money, light a garbage can or two on fire. Then find Ralph and follow him wherever he goes with signs and pitchforks.

But don't do ANY of it unless there are a good 5,000 of you.

Best of luck.

not showing up and boycotting the game would be an embarassment just the same. The media would run with it and it would get attention. Show up and you're just a lemming willing to pay for inferior coaching and talent for ever. We've been abused long enough.

i agree boycott the game even if you already bought the tickets.

if you do go to the game bring a sign that says "No more Dick" or if your feelig na little more risky bring a sign that says " Please just kick the bucket Ralph"

things are that bad

I posted this in another thread, but apparently this is the one to put it on, so here goes (and I don't care if people get mad at it, it's the truth):

Grow up. This walkout idea is idiotic and ineffective. Most importantly, you should realize that most people won't do it. Sure, some will, but most won't. Almost as important is that it will have zero, I repeat, zero, positive affects. But, for arguments' sake, let's assume you and 19,999 other people actually do this...do you want to know what it will accomplish?

1.) Bills "fans" leave 30,000 New England fans left to cheer at a long-distance home game.

2.) Bills "fans" give every other owner about 1.2 million reasons why this town doesn't need a football team.

3.) Bills "fans" once again look like a bunch of whiny cry-babies that the rest of the football-watching world already wants to label them as.

The bottom line is this: if Ralph Wilson wants to fire Dick Jauron, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. What you, me, or anybody else (including those really influential guys on WGR) does will have absolutely nothing to do with his decision. This walkout crappola is a sorry attempt for desperate people to do something so that they feel like they have some measure of control over a decision that they cannot influence AT ALL. So go to the game, and stay in the stadium and boo, or sell your tickets, or don't go, or go and tailgate in the lot without going in, or go and have your "I'm important enough to influence the decision of a billionaire that doesn't owe me a single thing" walkout. Just know that, whatever you do, you will have absolutely zero influence on Ralph's decision. None. Ralph will NOT think twice about firing Jauron because of what YOU do. He'll make up his mind on his own, regardless of what you want. THINK about it. Most fans didn't want Jauron in the first place, Ralph hired him. When fans wanted Tom Donahoe gone, Ralph backed him up. Keep in mind, Ralph was even going to keep Mike Mularkey before he resigned too. Ralph sent a home game to Toronto when most fans were adamant that they didn't want it done. What on earth makes you think that getting up and leaving a game early is going to accomplish anything? HE ALREADY KNOWS YOU DON'T APPROVE, AND HE DOESN'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!

I posted this in another thread, but apparently this is the one to put it on, so here goes (and I don't care if people get mad at it, it's the truth):

Grow up. This walkout idea is idiotic and ineffective. Most importantly, you should realize that most people won't do it. Sure, some will, but most won't. Almost as important is that it will have zero, I repeat, zero, positive affects. But, for arguments' sake, let's assume you and 19,999 other people actually do this...do you want to know what it will accomplish?

1.) Bills "fans" leave 30,000 New England fans left to cheer at a long-distance home game.

2.) Bills "fans" give every other owner about 1.2 million reasons why this town doesn't need a football team.

3.) Bills "fans" once again look like a bunch of whiny cry-babies that the rest of the football-watching world already wants to label them as.

The bottom line is this: if Ralph Wilson wants to fire Dick Jauron, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. What you, me, or anybody else (including those really influential guys on WGR) does will have absolutely nothing to do with his decision. This walkout crappola is a sorry attempt for desperate people to do something so that they feel like they have some measure of control over a decision that they cannot influence AT ALL. So go to the game, and stay in the stadium and boo, or sell your tickets, or don't go, or go and tailgate in the lot without going in, or go and have your "I'm important enough to influence the decision of a billionaire that doesn't owe me a single thing" walkout. Just know that, whatever you do, you will have absolutely zero influence on Ralph's decision. None. Ralph will NOT think twice about firing Jauron because of what YOU do. He'll make up his mind on his own, regardless of what you want. THINK about it. Most fans didn't want Jauron in the first place, Ralph hired him. When fans wanted Tom Donahoe gone, Ralph backed him up. Keep in mind, Ralph was even going to keep Mike Mularkey before he resigned too. Ralph sent a home game to Toronto when most fans were adamant that they didn't want it done. What on earth makes you think that getting up and leaving a game early is going to accomplish anything? HE ALREADY KNOWS YOU DON'T APPROVE, AND HE DOESN'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!

But I do! That's the difference!!! I'll still be walking out with 2 minutes in the first even if I'm the only one...