Begone

bananathumb

admin

Modrak, Guy, that CFO loser (Lindenbaum?)

Coaches

Jauron, Fewell, Schonert, Van Pelt, Kochar, Lester, receivers coach, TE coach, running back coach.

Players

First and foremost, Chris Praise God Kelsay useless

Donte Playoff Whitner too slow

Roscoe Fear Snow Parrish only a punt catcher

JP Brainless Losman

Puke Dreston

Chess Fowler

Hold-out Peters

Robert Royal Pain in the Ass

Ryan Shaky Lindell

Begone and be blessed

P.S. the only reason I don't include Russ Shadows Brandon in my list is because maybe he'll actually persuade El Cheapo to bring in a Parcells type as GM who will clean house. Only problem is, who would come to Buffalo and the AFC East with Parcells, Belichick and Mangini to go up against? Certainly not Cowher or JImmy J, but just maybe Jaws!!!

If you don't clean house and bring in a guy like Jaws, then Brandon, you can bugger off too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Lindell is going to have to do a crapload more damage before I wish him good-bye. The dude has been stellar until recently, and while I understand he has cost us a couple of games recently, the team has bigger problems than his foot. You shouldn't need a field goal to beat this year's Browns.

His missed chipshot vs. SF was just as bad, mind you. If he makes that chipshot, we would have been down 10-6 at the point in the game where we went for it on fourth and short in the redzone. No way we're going for it on fourth down if a field goal brings us within one point late in the 3rd quarter.

Still, getting rid of Lindell would be stupid.

I'm hoping we get to see Trent next week as these three games promise to be cold and I'll be curious to see if he really is having a hard time playing in cold weather.

Nearly 17 years ago, Ralphie let the finest GM in modern NFL history go in favor of Jeff Littman. Unless Littman the bean counter has made RW a billionaire, which I don't believe, he's not even worthy of kissing Polian's shoes.

You be the judge: Architect of the finest era in Bills history (1988-1996) or Chief Financial Officer for an elderly man who can't help but laugh about his perennial inept franchise.

Who cares......let's just get rid of them so we can become a better team. <_<

Sorry Dibs, but yesterday, Whitner continued to show why he was a poor draft selection in 2006.

His contributions on the field are minimal, but his rhetoric off the field continues to impress <_<

P.S. the only reason I don't include Russ Shadows Brandon in my list is because maybe he'll actually persuade El Cheapo to bring in a Parcells type as GM who will clean house.

Mods, administrators: Can I propose a message board rule that we ban the phrase "Parcells-type"?

There is one Parcells, and he works for the Dolphins. He is not a type.

Whitner wasn't a great value pick at #8 in 2006, but he's not a bad starting safety. He's certainly a better choice than spending ANOTHER high draft pick on a safety.

Totally agree... he's a solid starter, but you can see just how much that selection has hurt this team.

This team needs that #8 selection to be an impact player, something Whitner simply isn't.

Sorry Dibs, but yesterday, Whitner continued to show why he was a poor draft selection in 2006.

His contributions on the field are minimal, but his rhetoric off the field continues to impress <_<

Sorry Dawgg, I'm not going to take your word on how minimal DWs field contributions are.

Opinion is definitely divided on the issue though. It seems that those that can't get past their annoyance at drafting him at #8 believe he is a rubbish player(and now actually want to see us cut him)......the rest of the universe believe he is minimally a good starter.

Totally agree... he's a solid starter, but you can see just how much that selection has hurt this team.

This team needs that #8 selection to be an impact player, something Whitner simply isn't.

Sorry about my previous post Dawgg......I thought you were saying(as the thread implied) that DW should be cut(because he isn't a solid starter).

You seem to expect too much from your draft selections. Sure, we would all like impact play-makers......but the reality is that half the players drafted never become decent starters....let alone good ones.....let alone play-makers. When you end up with one that is a very solid starter(with great intangibles), that result is ahead of the curve & is not a bad result.

You seem to expect too much from your draft selections. Sure, we would all like impact play-makers......but the reality is that half the players drafted never become decent starters....let alone good ones.....let alone play-makers. When you end up with one that is a very solid starter(with great intangibles), that result is ahead of the curve & is not a bad result.

I have higher expectations for players chosen in the Top 10.

If one chooses a safety in the Top 10, he must be a game-changer in order to justify that selection. Whitner never was a game-changing player coming out of the draft and he isn't one now. Otherwise, you wait to pick a safety later in the draft and address critical positions in the offensive or defensive lines.

Marv really laid an egg on that selection. <_<

I have higher expectations for players chosen in the Top 10.

If one chooses a safety in the Top 10, he must be a game-changer in order to justify that selection. Whitner never was a game-changing player coming out of the draft and he isn't one now. Otherwise, you wait to pick a safety later in the draft and address critical positions in the offensive or defensive lines.

Marv really laid an egg on that selection. <_<

Modern day drafting seems to disagree a bit here as safety is a regular 5-10 selection these days.

Also, there has to be a lineman available who you like in order to draft one there.

Whitner wasn't a great value pick at #8 in 2006, but he's not a bad starting safety. He's certainly a better choice than spending ANOTHER high draft pick on a safety.

Our best safety is Brian Scott who we picked up off of the street. He makes many more plays than Whitner in run support. As far as in coverage, none of our safeties make any plays. Drafting Whitner and McCargo in the first round was just terrible. That is why we are mediocre to poor every year because we draft players who are mediocre to poor every year. Whitner plays like a late round pick. He has not improved since his rookie year, and he is the smallest safety in the league. The guy looks tiny.

Our best safety is Brian Scott who we picked up off of the street. He makes many more plays than Whitner in run support. As far as in coverage, none of our safeties make any plays. Drafting Whitner and McCargo in the first round was just terrible. That is why we are mediocre to poor every year because we draft players who are mediocre to poor every year. Whitner plays like a late round pick. He has not improved since his rookie year, and he is the smallest safety in the league. The guy looks tiny.

Perfect example. Whitner certainly doesn't play like a first round pick, let alone a top 10 pick. As you said, even Bryan Scott makes more plays.

The 2006 draft set this franchise back many years, all thanks to Marv and the bozos in the front office.

Sorry about my previous post Dawgg......I thought you were saying(as the thread implied) that DW should be cut(because he isn't a solid starter).

Dibs, who has complained about the Whitner selection more than me?

The truth is that he is a good player, but it doesn't matter. Sounds crazy but it's true. McKelvin has potential to be actually great imo, and that doesn't matter eiter. When your pass rush is nonexistant and most of your blockers either suck or can't move, Mel Blount and Ronnie Lott are going to be very limited in terms of how much help they can provide. Whitner plays so far back he is out of virtually every play, unless he is making a tackle after a long gain. His fault? Not at all, but is that what we want from a #8? Btw, when they bring him up close, he does make plays.

Whitner shouldn't be cut; he never should have been drafted by us. Refusing the extra 2nd round pick to trade down was probably the biggest move made by Herk and Jerk (Levy and Jauron) in terms of flushing this team down the toilet.

Dibs, who has complained about the Whitner selection more than me?

The truth is that he is a good player, but it doesn't matter. Sounds crazy but it's true. McKelvin has potential to be actually great imo, and that doesn't matter eiter. When your pass rush is nonexistant and most of your blockers either suck or can't move, Mel Blount and Ronnie Lott are going to be very limited in terms of how much help they can provide. Whitner plays so far back he is out of virtually every play, unless he is making a tackle after a long gain. His fault? Not at all, but is that what we want from a #8? Btw, when they bring him up close, he does make plays.

Whitner shouldn't be cut; he never should have been drafted by us. Refusing the extra 2nd round pick to trade down was probably the biggest move made by Herk and Jerk (Levy and Jauron) in terms of flushing this team down the toilet.

I agree(to the first part). We desperately need a pass rush(no need for reasons as we both know them <_<).

To the second part.....I think you are way of the mark. One draft selection which turned into a good player could never be that big a cause for 'flushing down the toilet'. Consider that the 2nd round pick most likely would have busted out(based upon odds). Add which player would we have drafted in said trade that would have garnered us a pass rush?(N'Gata was not an option due to defensive scheme implemented).....plus we would have needed a player to replace DW. Overall, the non-trading down issue would not have elevated us out of the toilet(most likely) & quite possibly seen us with fewer good players for the trade.

Having McCargo totally bust out was by far the biggest factor to non-improvement than any other draft day move made in the last 3 years.

IMO the biggest mistake(apart from coaches & coordinators) was to lock ourselves into our DEs for multi-year big dollar contracts. When they underperformed(after contract signing) due to either skill/injury, we could not realistically consider looking for replacement(via FA) due to the excessive dollars, which has left us in the hole on D that we are in.

Give it a few more posts and we'll be getting the "at least Whitner isn't a bust" excuse.

SS was, is, and always will be a luxury pick. Buffalo hasn't been able to make a luxury pick since about 1993.

You'd think after this season that a lack of pass rush would be shown as a greater priority than anything on defense. There are still some clingers-on who disagree.

Also can't help but notice Ngata and Bunkley starting for their teams. And playing really well.