State of Illinois boycotting Bank of America

Your smarter than that KD. You know exactly what I'm talking about. But keep beating on your political parties drum. Admit you care more about the wealthy, than the common man.

It's funny you should say what I put in bold. Exactly who is responsible and have the most to gain from the 15 Billion dollar bailout they received?

The common man.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You write scripts for Hollywood for a living, don't you.

No, I am just a common citizen who is sick and tired of people putting politics before country, the wealthy getting bailed out and the total lack of concern for the common man trying to make a living in this world.

But go right ahead and keep arguing.

No, I am just a common citizen who is sick and tired of people putting politics before country, the wealthy getting bailed out and the total lack of concern for the common man trying to make a living in this world.

But go right ahead and keep arguing.

These bailouts don't help the common man? Ok, whatever.

Once again, I normally would agree with you. But I think the greedy little fingers of these banking institutions did have a play in this economic mess we are in now. I agree, BoA should not give in, I also think we should not have given in to BoA's 15 billion bailout we gave them either. What's that old saying? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. In this case, the goose is a big fat corrupt bank.

When will you stop sticking up for these fat cats and start looking out for the common man? They don't need you or I to do there fighting. They have all the power. Unless you are a fat cat, you need to realize what side are you on?

First of all, it was the greedy little politicians who pushed the greedy little banks to offer higher risk loans. No one seems to be getting in their faces. But big business? Easy targets.

Second of all, I'm on the side of capitalism and personal accountability.

Your smarter than that KD. You know exactly what I'm talking about. But keep beating on your political parties drum.

Huh?? What do political parties have to do with this discussion? And to the extent they do, I am most certainly not a Democrat, so I don't really understand this comment.

Admit you care more about the wealthy, than the common man.

I care more about me. I care more about a stable banking industry. And unlike some people I don't think there is anything particularly noble about a person because of how much money they earn, be it more or less than me.

It's funny you should say what I put in bold. Exactly who is responsible and have the most to gain from the 15 Billion dollar bailout they received?

Actually I'd really like to hear who exactly YOU think has the most to gain from bank bailouts. Be sure to include the massive layoffs and compensation hits taken by that industry in your explanation.

First of all, it was the greedy little politicians who pushed the greedy little banks to offer higher risk loans. No one seems to be getting in their faces. But big business? Easy targets.

Second of all, I'm on the side of capitalism and personal accountability.

SO AM I!But the deck is stacked against us! We can bailout the banks, auto companies and G_D knows who else, but stand up those evil bastards in the Govt and wall street, your labeled as a loon with no common sense. I think Dodd and his cohort Barney Frank should be arrested and charged with treason. I think those greedy bastards on wall street should get the same exact bailout as I would receive. Absolutely nothing!

Stop defending those bastards!

Huh?? What do political parties have to do with this discussion? And to the extent they do, I am most certainly not a Democrat, so I don't really understand this comment.

I care more about me. I care more about a stable banking industry. And unlike some people I don't think there is anything particularly noble about a person because of how much money they earn, be it more or less than me.

Actually I'd really like to hear who exactly YOU think has the most to gain from bank bailouts. Be sure to include the massive layoffs and compensation hits taken by that industry in your explanation.

I care about myself and my family. I also care greatly about this country. I also care about the people who are trying to support there families but get there feet yanked from under them by greedy corporate America.

Of those layoffs the industry has taken, how many upper management, CEO's, presidents have been laid off? You know, the ones who got there company in trouble in the first place. How many of them have walked away with there golden parachute? How many lower level employees in the banking industry walked away with a golden parachute?

When will you stop sticking up for these fat cats and start looking out for the common man? They don't need you or I to do there fighting. They have all the power. Unless you are a fat cat, you need to realize what side are you on?

Who do you think loans the "common man" money, dumbass? :blink:

Of those layoffs the industry has taken, how many upper management, CEO's, presidents have been laid off? You know, the ones who got there company in trouble in the first place. How many of them have walked away with there golden parachute? How many lower level employees in the banking industry walked away with a golden parachute?

Why don't you answer the question.Don't change the subject. And leave the name calling in the playground.

I care about myself and my family. I also care greatly about this country. I also care about the people who are trying to support there families but get there feet yanked from under them by greedy corporate America.

First, you didn't answer 2 of my 3 questions. What is my 'political parties drum' that you are accusing me of beating? And who do you think is benefiting from bank bailouts and why?

Second, no one in this story had their "feet yanked from under them". Their company went under. No one's fault, things happen. Reacting with childish emotional outbursts rather than reason isn't the best way to evaluate and learn from events.

Third, who says that only CEOs and presidents "got there company in trouble in the first place"?? People like you are just amazing....if the company is thriving it must be because of the glorious "workers" but if it fails it has to be because of an eeevil CEO. Grow the fuk up. And to answer your question, there have been many high profile CEOs that have lost their jobs -- do you not read the papers?

Here comes another lemming. My argument isn't weather the common man benefits from the banking industry or not. It's you trampling on the little man and sticking up for those greedy bastards.

Yes, I trample the little man. I'm a fat cat banker. Excuse me while I go and roll in a great big pile of money. :blink:

Without the severance package they've earned?

Who knows, go do your own research (I know you're just dying to post a link).

But if they've earned those severance packages, than I supose all the 'tards in this thread would be in full support of using all means to get them their packages, right?

Tom, do you have a spare $100? I need to relight my Cohiba.

Why don't you answer the question.Don't change the subject. And leave the name calling in the playground.

The CEO's of Bear, WaMu, Countrywide, and Lehman. A good chunk of senior management at Citi. The CEO and board of Merrill Lynch, if they haven't already, will.

If you weren't SO ill-informed, you would know that. Of course, if you weren't so ill-informed, we wouldn't even be discussing it to begin with.