Let's face it, our personnel sucks

DDD

I'm not uspet by this loss. Really. It came as no surprise. When it became clear that the bearded bounce passer was going to start, I knew we had no chance and the game unfolded exactly as any diehard knowledgeable Bills fan knew it would. Primary receiver covered, happy feet in the pocket, sack or incomplete pass. When I look at the talent, or lack thereof, on this roster it's no surprise we have a losing record. The only legit stars on offense are Lynch, Evans, and maybe Peters. On defense, there are none. And spare me the Whitner thing. Once again he made no significant plays and got burned for what turned out to be the game winning TD in the 1st quarter. Tom Modrak and John Guy have been an embarassment. With the talent they have scouted for us , it's no surprise we have little chance to win. :sick:

Whitner is a joke, when can you remember him even make a play on the ball. This team needs a pass rushing defense end, play making outside linebacker, ball hawking safety, center, offensive guard and tightend. If I were them I would focus on the defense needs.

The defense is not the problem this year. Center is, IMO, the most important upgrade this team needs- followed by DE, LB, S.

I couldn't disagree more...

People, the personnel on the field is not the problem. Yes, we could use a better DE and a couple of OL, but if the right coaching was in place, they wouldn't look so dysfunctional. We have players at the skill positions to win.

The defense isn't bad. They're not good, but they're not bad. They're pretty solidly average. But they held Miami under their season average for points, total yards - including both rushing and passing, etc. And that's with the offense punting after every 1:30 of ball control.

It'd be nice to see this team get some turnovers, but the offense is too bad to allow them to take risks; you give up a touchdown, and it's clear the game is over. Never mind how demoralizing it is to see your best efforts turn into stuff-drop-sack-punt possessions anyway.

Fix the offense, maintain the defense, and this team would be competitive. A little depth at LB, a pass rushing DE.

I couldn't disagree more...

People, the personnel on the field is not the problem. Yes, we could use a better DE and a couple of OL, but if the right coaching was in place, they wouldn't look so dysfunctional. We have players at the skill positions to win.

We have a good enough team to make the playoffs...Jeff Fisher would have this team leading the division right now...

Whitner is a joke, when can you remember him even make a play on the ball. This team needs a pass rushing defense end, play making outside linebacker, ball hawking safety, center, offensive guard and tightend. If I were them I would focus on the defense needs.

Is it whitner or the scheme ?

The defense is not the problem this year. Center is, IMO, the most important upgrade this team needs- followed by DE, LB, S.

You are joking right ?

The defense cannot pass rush, get off crucial 3rd downs, and cause turn overs. The LBs struggle to wrap up the ball carrier and the DEs have not been able to put any pressure on the QB.

While I agree the Offense has multiple problems, the defense is pretty ragged too.

i disagree...........

This team has talent

The Defense is not that bad , dont forget they are without Schobel, Youbooty, Greer ,Crowell. They have played hard I dont blame them.

The Offense ,even with Edwards is not using the personnel correctly.

The O-line needs upgrades at Center, Right guard

Defense Still needs a pass rusher, a playmaking LB, Safety

Whitner is a leader but does not make plays on the field to reflect that

Edwards is gonna be a very good QB, he needs time

Lynch is gonna get better with more carries

Still need to find a WR to help Lee Evans

Head coach and OC need to be replaced......i like what Fewell is doing on Defense

I have to agree 100%........the first play I see after getting home late is Whitner getting beat by Fasano.......didn't get to see a replay but all I could see was Fasano making the catch and Whitner being a step late. I flip the channel and see Troy Palamanu (sp.) pick off Romo. I turn on the game this evening and see Ed Reed intercept a pass and return a fumble for a TD. I have not seen one single play like this out of Whitner in three years. Scott is more of a playmaker than Whitner. The Whitner supporters are losing some ground. Yes, this is not even close to our biggest concern, but the fact of the matter is that he just doesn't make many plays. I don't even want to hear he was playing hurt.

We passed on Haloti Nagta for him, but why would we want a stud D-lineman?

I have been wondering why they passed on Nagta also

imagine him and stroud on the d-line

shows you how the bills have missed the call on offensive and defensive lineman

Nagta is a force with BAL him and Stroud woud have been unstoppable inside. I don't understand the personnel moves they make I thought you were supposed to build a defense from the front seven back. I guess the Bills are smarter than everybody else.

I think the team lacks leadership both from the HC and from the players on the field. Finesse best descibes the team. Watch Ray Lewis lead his team, whether you like him or not, you have to love his passion for the game. We have no one like that. We have a QB and a coach who both look scared to death during the game.

Seeing as this season is shot, I might make a few changes for the balance of the season. I would name Bobby April the interim coach tomorrow. Tell Edwards to sack up and show he has the stomach for the game. If he can't go, give Hamdan a chance. I would tell Derrick Dockery he is playing for his contract. What a disappointment he is!!! I would tell Perry Fewell to feel free to experiment with something other than the cover-2. Take a few gambles for gods sakes. I would tell Turk Schonert that we will throw the towards Hardy in the red zone once a game just for kicks.

I'm not uspet by this loss. Really. It came as no surprise. When it became clear that the bearded bounce passer was going to start, I knew we had no chance and the game unfolded exactly as any diehard knowledgeable Bills fan knew it would. Primary receiver covered, happy feet in the pocket, sack or incomplete pass. When I look at the talent, or lack thereof, on this roster it's no surprise we have a losing record. The only legit stars on offense are Lynch, Evans, and maybe Peters. On defense, there are none. And spare me the Whitner thing. Once again he made no significant plays and got burned for what turned out to be the game winning TD in the 1st quarter. Tom Modrak and John Guy have been an embarassment. With the talent they have scouted for us , it's no surprise we have little chance to win. :lol:

Your so !@#$ing wrong. Shut the !@#$ up.

Please explain to me the talent on the team that beat us today. Or last week. Or on Monday night.

We have a bunch of very good players on both sides of the ball. Let me run through them for you:

offense: lynch, jackson, evans, reed, peters, trent(you can't give up on him yet, we all saw so much in the first few weeks that we all know he is and will be very good)

defense: greer, mckelvin, whitner, posluszny, mitchell, debatable stroud

special teams: mckelvin, parrish

We are exactly 0-4 in the division, correct? We are also 0-2 against the 49ers and Browns. Could somebody please give me a talent breakdown of one of these teams that beat us and explain why exactly that talent deficit caused us to lose the game? I'm dying to hear it.

If Bill Belichick can take Matt Cassel and Benjarvus Green Ellis and pretty much destroy us with them, then there is no validity whatsoever to saying that the bills don't have the talent.

Our team is a very solid group and if we could get a good, new staff in here, we could definitely pull an Atlanta.

Speaking of, Atlanta is led by Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, and Roddy White. Doesn't sound any better talent-wise than Trent, Marshawn, and Lee.

Your so !@#$ing wrong. Shut the !@#$ up.

Please explain to me the talent on the team that beat us today. Or last week. Or on Monday night.

We have a bunch of very good players on both sides of the ball. Let me run through them for you:

offense: lynch, jackson, evans, reed, peters, trent(you can't give up on him yet, we all saw so much in the first few weeks that we all know he is and will be very good)

defense: greer, mckelvin, whitner, posluszny, mitchell, debatable stroud

special teams: mckelvin, parrish

We are exactly 0-4 in the division, correct? We are also 0-2 against the 49ers and Browns. Could somebody please give me a talent breakdown of one of these teams that beat us and explain why exactly that talent deficit caused us to lose the game? I'm dying to hear it.

If Bill Belichick can take Matt Cassel and Benjarvus Green Ellis and pretty much destroy us with them, then there is no validity whatsoever to saying that the bills don't have the talent.

Our team is a very solid group and if we could get a good, new staff in here, we could definitely pull an Atlanta.

Speaking of, Atlanta is led by Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, and Roddy White. Doesn't sound any better talent-wise than Trent, Marshawn, and Lee.

We lose B/C we are not strong enough to man up and kick the other guys A$$ upfront on the O-line or the D-front seven. It's all about attitude and we don't have it...Look at DJ's press conference Yale guys are great for wiriting books or wall street jobs but football is a game of agression and attitude get me a Ditka Buddy Ryan duo.

I've thought about this question a lot over the last few weeks, heck over the last ten years. The Bills always have SOME talent, but not ENOUGH talent. They don't have enough playmakers. Example, the WR's other than Evans don't stretch the field and scare any team. Think of what would happen if Evans was injured, who would start as the #1 receiver? THE BILLS DON'T HAVE ANYONE!!!!!!!

The TE's are probably worse. Royal drops balls when he is wide open, and the rest on the roster tend to be smaller H-Back types. The guys the brought in on the offseason were laughable (Teyo Johnson and Courtney Anderson anyone?). We don't have a #1 TE on the roster either, period.

In short, the Bills always have 3/4 of a roster, the rest of the players are cheap filler-material.

This one's on Ralph.