Morgage rate 4.5?

color me skeptical....

About my loan rate? I'm not lying. Actually when I re-fied I missed an opportunity to get it at 4.6ish. I have a friend who was a broker and told me that the rates had dropped to that level and that I should consider refinancing, I waited another 10 days to see if it would get lower and instead it started creeping back up when I jumped in. That's with no points also...

About my loan rate? I'm not lying. Actually when I re-fied I missed an opportunity to get it at 4.6ish. I have a friend who was a broker and told me that the rates had dropped to that level and that I should consider refinancing, I waited another 10 days to see if it would get lower and instead it started creeping back up when I jumped in. That's with no points also...

have a friend at Countrywide?

Actually no, I'm a normal Joe. If you fail to believe that mortgages rates were as low as I said do some research for yourself. I'm actually looking at my loan statement right now (citibank), but it doesn't tell me when I originated the loan. Actually that wouldn't matter since they weren't the original lender anyway....but I'm not blowing smoke. I have no reason to lie to you (or the board). If you don't believe me, that's your issue.

Maybe something from all these Federal billions that a normal person can benefit from? Believe it when I see it.

We've been talking to our bank this week about getting our mortgage modified to 4%. Don't know if we will (depends on the fees, which they haven't disclosed yet).

At my wife's office, I think what closings are actually closing are running in the 4.5-5% range. But about half the buyers don't get loans. Rates are insanely low, but money's still tight.

Actually no, I'm a normal Joe. If you fail to believe that mortgages rates were as low as I said do some research for yourself. I'm actually looking at my loan statement right now (citibank), but it doesn't tell me when I originated the loan. Actually that wouldn't matter since they weren't the original lender anyway....but I'm not blowing smoke. I have no reason to lie to you (or the board). If you don't believe me, that's your issue.

Good for you. I was thinking of something relevant today, not those with a way-back machine to get 1999 rates

We've been talking to our bank this week about getting our mortgage modified to 4%. Don't know if we will (depends on the fees, which they haven't disclosed yet).

At my wife's office, I think what closings are actually closing are running in the 4.5-5% range. But about half the buyers don't get loans. Rates are insanely low, but money's still tight.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Waiting to see what else Congress has up its sleeve. Keep us posted regarding fees, if you would.

What is your bank's incentive to do this?

My credit union is offering 4.5% for a 10-year mortage with 1.5 points. A friend in the UK called yesterday and he got 2% on his mortgage - given our prime rate I was wondering when those pig banks would stop charging 5 and 6% interest. I think we should see about 4% on a fixed mortgage soon. I have a current 5% rate but with my mortagage balance if I can refi for 10 years and stay employed long enough I can save 300k in interest

What is your bank's incentive to do this?

None that I can think of...not for us, at least, who aren't in default and have no expectation of being so. I think it's just a program Wells Fargo created to reduce defaults on their mortgages, but all their borrowers are eligible, so...

I suspect, too, that it's probably a deal when they lower the interest rate AND increase the term of the loan, so that they ultimately make more in the long term despite taking a cash flow hit. But I haven't yet talked to them (my wife did, and there's no story she can't get wrong), so I don't really know myself.

But ultimately, if it's to our benefit, I don't care what their incentive is.

None that I can think of...not for us, at least, who aren't in default and have no expectation of being so. I think it's just a program Wells Fargo created to reduce defaults on their mortgages, but all their borrowers are eligible, so...

I suspect, too, that it's probably a deal when they lower the interest rate AND increase the term of the loan, so that they ultimately make more in the long term despite taking a cash flow hit. But I haven't yet talked to them (my wife did, and there's no story she can't get wrong), so I don't really know myself.

But ultimately, if it's to our benefit, I don't care what their incentive is.

:worthy:

I guess if they offer it, then why not? Since I didn't see much incentive, I assumed such a deal wouldn't exist.

I shudder to imagine the life of Mrs. DC Tom.

I shudder to imagine the life of Mrs. DC Tom.

We don't talk much. We tend to inhabit separate rooms of the house (separate bathrooms ARE the secret to a happy marriage, by the way). Most of our conversations are variations on me saying "I told you so" and her saying "Well, I didn't know! You're the smart one!"

Most people would find our relationship dysfunctional...it works for us, though.

We don't talk much. We tend to inhabit separate rooms of the house (separate bathrooms ARE the secret to a happy marriage, by the way). Most of our conversations are variations on me saying "I told you so" and her saying "Well, I didn't know! You're the smart one!"

Most people would find our relationship dysfunctional...it works for us, though.

Does she also strew rose petals on the floor as you come down the hall to make your grand entrance? And stand slightly behind your throne fanning you with palm fronds?

:unsure: