Breaking news

K-Gun10

How is this injury "avoidable?" Please enlighten with your intimate knowledge on Lynch and the injury situation.

Note that I did put "avoidable" in parentheses. I'm assuming it's a muscle strain. Unlike something like your leg snapping, a muscle strain/pull, at least to some extent, the probability of one occurring and the severity can be lessened by good conditioning, diet and hydration.

Look at it this way, in the extreme case, who is more likely to get a back strain, some 50 something outta shape desk jockey doing something strenuous for the 1st time in yrs, or an elite 23 YO athlete doing the same thing? The difference is conditioning.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but.. Now maybe the better RB will get the bulk of the snaps? Don't get me wrong, I love Lynch's heart and power and all that.. but, he doesn't offer anything that Fred Jackson can't give you, other than the crazy second effort that Lynch unleashes. Of course, if Marshawn hit the hole (when there *IS* a hole) as quick as Freddie does.. he wouldn't need the second effort.

That being said.. I hope it isn't serious. Having both of them in the game is better than having only one, regardless of which one it is.

Well, maybe you're going to get your wish now...

Although how you post this after Lynch has posted 3 solid games in a row is beyond me. Jackson's a great back to have on the team, but I think you'll see very quickly that he's not a feature back.

Note that I did put "avoidable" in parentheses. I'm assuming it's a muscle strain. Unlike something like your leg snapping, a muscle strain/pull, at least to some extent, the probability of one occurring and the severity can be lessened by good conditioning, diet and hydration.

Look at it this way, in the extreme case, who is more likely to get a back strain, some 50 something outta shape desk jockey doing something strenuous for the 1st time in yrs, or an elite 23 YO athlete doing the same thing? The difference is conditioning.

Some teams did not want to draft Lynch because they thought he had back problems.

The Bills' staff did not think the issues were serious.

Lynch's agent pointed out that the back never caused Lynch to miss a practice or game.

If the Bills staff and an agent say his back is fine, then it must be. Just ask John McCargo and the Colts.

Lynch not practicing

By Chris Brown - Posted December 4th, 2008

Marshawn Lynch has apparently pulled himself out of practice. It appears to be a back issue, but we’ll get an official update from Dick Jauron after practice. He was getting worked on by the trainers who were trying to loosen him up, but after a little work in individual drills he stopped participating.

Fred Jackson was taking the first team reps. We’ll have an update this afternoon.

Tags: Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch

Per BuffaloBills.com

Bills head coach Dick Jauron said Marshawn Lynch was limited in practice due to back problems.

“Marshawn had back spasms so that kept him out for part of the practice,” said Jauron. “When you have back spasms you have trouble bending and about anything at all. He’s had them before.”

When asked if he expects Lynch to play on Sunday Jauron answered in the affirmative.

From Rotowire

Marshawn Lynch was limited in Thursday's practice due to back spasms, but Bills coach Dick Jauron fully expects him to play in Week 14.

"He’s had them before," Jauron said. "When you have back spasms you have trouble bending." Lynch, the No. 14 overall fantasy back in non-PPR leagues so far, should return to a full practice Friday and start against Miami.

So basically just another Rosanne Rosannadanna thread, I guess...

A spurious, unsupported suggestion that Lynch is hurt and won't play, followed by 2 pages of 'OH NO, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!' gloom and doom, only to end with...

"Oh....never mind." :lol:

Look for the 'injured' Lynch to run for 200 yards Sunday, and throw a TD pass to boot...

BuffTown Bills 34

FopTown Flippers 0

14 and 6 baby!!! :wacko:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :thumbsup:

I have to laugh at the people here who truly think Fred Jackson is a better back than Lynch. I promise you you couldnt get one nfl front office man to agree with that statement. I like Jackson I really do he is an awesome back up running back and is the perfect compliment to Lynch, his contrasting style catches defenses off guard who are prepared for the punishment Lynch delivers. If per chance Lynch misses signifigant time which I doubt, it will all become very clear why Lynch is #1 and Freddy #2

Who cares, the season was lost when this fuggin team could not close the deal against the browns & the 49ers. All this injury does is prevent Lynch from taking a further pounding this year in a meaningless game.

You're right, maybe we should sit all the starters for the next 4 weeks so nobody "takes a furthur pounding."

Next season is right around the corner I suppose?

[quote name='MRW' date='Dec 4 2008, 02:25 PM' post='1238981'

Although how you post this after Lynch has posted 3 solid games in a row is beyond me. Jackson's a great back to have on the team, but I think you'll see very quickly that he's not a feature back.

The last three weeks did not erase my memory of the 8 weeks prior to that, watching him dance around in the backfield.. it's as if he thinks he's still in college, and isn't content on the 4 yard gain, and wants only the 30 yd. highlight reel run.

Lynch not practicing

By Chris Brown - Posted December 4th, 2008

Marshawn Lynch has apparently pulled himself out of practice. It appears to be a back issue, but we’ll get an official update from Dick Jauron after practice. He was getting worked on by the trainers who were trying to loosen him up, but after a little work in individual drills he stopped participating.

Fred Jackson was taking the first team reps. We’ll have an update this afternoon.

Tags: Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch

so what...we arent going anywhere..as long as he gets better by the beginning of next year.

The last three weeks did not erase my memory of the 8 weeks prior to that, watching him dance around in the backfield.. it's as if he thinks he's still in college, and isn't content on the 4 yard gain, and wants only the 30 yd. highlight reel run.

Strange how we've seen different games. The ones I recall featured Lynch frequently dragging 2 or 3 defenders forward for a 2 or 3 yard gain after they broke through into the backfield. Oddly enough, now that the offensive line is opening holes, Lynch is taking advantage of it.

How do you read "back spasm" and get "muscle strain" out of it? They aren't nearly the same thing.