McGee

My fear with McGee Vs Ginn this weekend is that McGee might be affraid of getting beat deep and that will open the slants all day long, then Miami will hit him deep cause of the slants. I do think McGee will fair better, but how much? Who knows?

I am by no means optimistic about the McGee-Ginn match-up until Terrence shows otherwise.

Not to isolate it too much from the other 10 guys on the field, tho. Inability to get a pass-rush, per my above post, also puts an onus on CBs for prolonged coverage, and given enough time, seams open. Another version of this is the rush-8 Fewell's tried a few times in this stretch... and even that sometimes couldn't get pressure and then it leaves receivers wide open. Don't fall into the trap of over-analyzing one part when in reality, it's a mix of reasons on different levels of observation --- some of the component parts and then how they're used in the system itself --- that is to blame for the failing.

My fear with McGee Vs Ginn this weekend is that McGee might be affraid of getting beat deep and that will open the slants all day long, then Miami will hit him deep cause of the slants. I do think McGee will fair better, but how much? Who knows?

I hope McGee is POed about the last game and knocks Ginn on his @$$ every play.

McGee, when healthy, has the spead to keep up w/ Ginn.

Ginn is one of the few starting receivers in the NFL small enough for a Bills corner to knock around.

Seriously, it isn't that close. McGee is the best CB on the team. Greer is quite good, and very eager. Check their responsibilities and you will see that McGee is asked to do more, most of the time, than is Greer.

Throughout his career McGee has been the left CB, pretty much regardless of who the WR was that lined up on his side. In my opinion, the only reason he has been lined up with the top WR of the other team in recent weeks is because Greer has been injured. They obviously don't trust McKelvin/Corner to line up opposite another teams #1 WR. The only exception is the NE game, in which I believe McGee was on Moss because we had Greer guarding the smaller quicker Welker, who I consider just as much a threat as Moss. I don't get where people came up with this "McGee is always on the other teams top receiver", as it's just not correct. Who was it that saved (Doh!) the Dallas game for us last year by ripping the ball from TO on the 2 PT. conversion?

Now, I don't think I'm discounting McGee in any way. I think he is a good corner. I just think Greer is a special player in coverage. I've seen McGee make some nice plays in coverage, but most of the time they are made down the field instead of in press coverage. Very often you see the WR on McGee's side catch the ball in front of him 5-15 yards from the LOS, while that happens much more seldom on Greer. McGee is often 8-12 yards off the LOS to begin the play. Now, this is obiviously determined by the play the coach has called, but you have to wonder why Greer is trusted to play press coverage more often than McGee is, don't you?

Greer needs to be signed long term. If this happens, I'd love to see 1 of these 2 alignments:

LCB: McGee

RCB: Greer

Nickel: McKelvin

FS: Youboty

SS: Whitner

or

LCB: McKelvin

RCB: Greer

Nickel: Youboty

FS: McGee

SS: Whitner

I really believe that either of these lineups would cater to each players best qualities and our secondary would definitely be one of the best in the league. If we were able to add some pass rushers at DE and LB in free agency and the draft, I would love the potential of our defense improving to the top 5 in the NFL.

By the way, here's an article talking about McGee and what has been expected of him since the first Miami game.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/506427.html

Brian, the Bills were built for this exact game. Dumbo Jauron can utilize the speedy little defensive backs he built this team upon to stay with speedy little Ginn. Pennington has no arm, so if the Bills can generate even a little pressure, there should be picks galore. I do however see 2 problems:

1) In terms of pass rush, the cupboards are bare.

2) We must hope that Dumbo Jauron doesn't once again have the corners 20 yards or so in back of scrimage.

Still, even Dumbo should figure out a way to overcome this. I have an idea......blitz and keep the corners on man coverage. Are ya listening Dumbo?

A lot of teams thought that of Pennington......he's probably laughin g at them now- maybe even a sinister, maniacal laugh

DJ likes to have tea and strumpets with the opponents' coach after games, tho.

Tea and strumpets? Jauron and the opposing coach have tea and share prostitutes after the game? Good for Dicky J.

I think you may mean "crumpets".

Crumpet

Strumpet

A lot of teams thought that of Pennington......he's probably laughin g at them now- maybe even a sinister, maniacal laugh

Don't worry about it Adam. The phish are young and will fade. Because of Parcells they will be good, but not yet.

Next to KC, this will be the easiest game of the season.