favorite christmas songs

NicholasCal1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, why are you even arguing about this? Twisted? Man, you're reaching for any way you can to make this seems insincere. I'd be offering you a "gift" and forgive me if I become offended by your lack of appreciation. Would you like an arrow or maybe hatchet or a chain saw? I'll get you whatever you prefer.

Whiner. :P

My apologies Dan i should be more appreciative of your gift

What can I say? The season isn't joyous for everyone. At a time when people get together, it can remind you of those who aren't with you anymore. My grandfather (96, but expected) and my dog (my best friend and even with his age, it was a total shock) passed away about a week apart this summer and I'm still getting weepy when I think about it too much or see something that reminds me of him. Still have noseprints all over the basement door glass that I just can't bring myself to wipe away. I will miss our Christmas morning walk (we live in the sticks and usually just let him out the door and clapped him back and, boy, he'd come running). Just having a hard time adjusting, but it's one foot in front of the other. Pretending that the holidays are only happy is fake. Sometimes it's about lost happiness and where you need to remember the good times. In this vein:

i am sorry to hear of your loss. i remember the first christmas without my father,it was very tough to get through.i wish you the best this holiday season.

Otherwise, there's the old classics everyone goes back to --- Crosby, et al. Also, I really lament now that I lost/threw out(?) the 'language lab' cassette tape recordings we'd have to do for French class back in high school. For the session nearest the Christmas break, the teacher would sing some traditional French carols (Belle Nuit, Sainte Nuit; Minuit Chretians; etc.) that we'd have to listen to. She certainly was a tough grader but she had a great voice.

Seconded for both. That Mariah Carey "All I Want For Christmas Is You" one gets old pretty quick too, and you hear it ~ 5 times a day (try telling me payola isn't alive and well). Commercial radio gets pretty aggravating after about a week. And now, they have to start playing it the day after Thanksgiving b/c the same people who own the stations owns the stores. I'm listening to those stations selectively and in small doses.