Jaguars: Del Rio - Brian Billick

Chargers: Turner - Ron Rivera

Raiders: Kiffin - James Lofton

Cowboys: Phillips - Jason Garrett

Eagles: Reid - Steve Spagnolo

Lions: Marinelli - Marty Schottenheimer

49ers: Nolan - Andy Reid

Rams: Linehan - Steve Mariucci

Just my speculation, and is purely based on what I think would be good fits for those teams(except for the Bills - I chose Ryan because he would be a good fit with the area and because I'm tired of having a team that gets pushed around all the time), but I would like to hear what other people think will happen around the league. Thats 13 coaching changes and there could be more if the Bears tank down the stretch and fire Lovie Smith(about a 50% chance) or the Chiefs finally fire Herm Edwards(highly unlikely). I don't know alot about the current state of college to NFL coaching candidates but I'm sure someone will make the jump this year again.

Colts: Dungy - Jim Caldwell

Seahawks: Holmgren - Jim Mora, Jr.

Bills: Jauron - Rex Ryan

Browns: Crennel - Bill Cowher

Bengals: Lewis - Jim Schwartz

Just my speculation, and is purely based on what I think would be good fits for those teams(except for the Bills - I chose Ryan because he would be a good fit with the area and because I'm tired of having a team that gets pushed around all the time), but I would like to hear what other people think will happen around the league. Thats 13 coaching changes and there could be more if the Bears tank down the stretch and fire Lovie Smith(about a 50% chance) or the Chiefs finally fire Herm Edwards(highly unlikely). I don't know alot about the current state of college to NFL coaching candidates but I'm sure someone will make the jump this year again.

I don't anticipate this many head coaching changes. The ones in Indy and Seattle are already done. While Ryan would make a great coach, he may want to switch us to a 3-4, which I don't like nor do we have the personnel to do it. Cowher is my dream choice, but he won't come back, at least not in '09. I wouldn't mind Schottenheimer as he has experience. But Spagnuolo seems a great fit. Cold weather team, defence first guy, 4-3, championship winner, player's coach, and hard-nosed.

There could actually be that many changes

The 49er are said to looking at Mike Holmgren.

Doubt the Eagles will fire Reid

Browns,Cowher for sure.

Norv Turner should be fired but I'm hearing his job is safe for now.

PFW is saying that OC for the Patriots, Josh McDaniels is gonna get some long looks for bringing along Matt Cassel so well,he might move if the right situation happens.

If the Bills do make a move I'd hope that Ralph Wilson gives Steve Spagnuolo a shot

I don't anticipate this many head coaching changes. The ones in Indy and Seattle are already done. While Ryan would make a great coach, he may want to switch us to a 3-4, which I don't like nor do we have the personnel to do it. Cowher is my dream choice, but he won't come back, at least not in '09. I wouldn't mind Schottenheimer as he has experience. But Spagnolo seems a great fit. Cold weather team, defence first guy, 4-3, championship winner, player's coach, and hard-nosed.

Bill Cowher is said to have been house hunting in Cleveland for months now. It looks like both Crennel and Savage are gone;

Savage for his really stupid comments to a fan are said to have really bothered the owner and NFL comish

Besides,Wilson would never spend the 10 mil on Cowher

Bill Cowher is said to have been house hunting in Cleveland for months now. It looks like both Crennel and Savage are gone;

Savage for his really stupid comments to a fan are said to have really bothered the owner and NFL comish

Besides,Wilson would never spend the 10 mil on Cowher

Cowher to Cleveland wouldn't surprise me but he was quoted as saying he is "leaning strongly to not coming back." Of course these things are always smoke screens and mirrors.

Spagnolo is not leaving NY, he is the heir apparent once Coughlin is done.

Holmgren is automatically taking 1 year off and when and if he comes back it will be in a front office setting, not the side line.

Rex Ryan-While interesting I just dont see him as a head coach, I would can Fewells ass and run that 3-4, his old man new D and so does he.

McDaniels has done some great things in NE this year. he is young, aggressive on offense and can bring a QB along.

Spagnolo is not leaving NY, he is the heir apparent once Coughlin is done.

Coughlin isn't done yet and unless things turn sour quickly I don't think he'll be done for a while. Do you really think Spagnolo is going to wait around while his stock is high right now? I suppose he might but that would be a mistake Imo.

Also, don't forget - Greg Williams was the "heir apparent" in DC. Kubriak was the "heir apparent" in Denver. These coach in waiting things never seem to work out the way they're planned.

Jack Del Rio is going no where after the turn around he made there...one down year decimated by injurys and bad FO FA signings at WR that didnt work out isnt going to lose him his job. He will be there next year for sure.

No way Mariucci takes the Rams job after the debacle of a horrible team he inherited in Det. If he comes back he takes a team he has a chance to win with...I think he could be a top candidate for Buffalo...Also, Linehan isnt the coach there anymore...

I think Buffalo has to pursue Billick or Mariucci...I can see a lot of the others you mention landing where you did or just not being available due to not being fired or taking time off next year.

Marty ball would be a good fall back option...I heard some talk on these boards too about Gruden being on the hot seat, I have no idea if its true in the NFL world, but if the posters here are right and TB fires Gruden, of course he shoots to the top of my list with Billick and Mariucci.

Jack Del Rio is going no where after the turn around he made there...one down year decimated by injurys and bad FO FA signings at WR that didnt work out isnt going to lose him his job. He will be there next year for sure.

No way Mariucci takes the Rams job after the debacle of a horrible team he inherited in Det. If he comes back he takes a team he has a chance to win with...I think he could be a top candidate for Buffalo...Also, Linehan isnt the coach there anymore...

I think Buffalo has to pursue Billick or Mariucci...I can see a lot of the others you mention landing where you did or just not being available due to not being fired or taking time off next year.

Marty ball would be a good fall back option...I heard some talk on these boards too about Gruden being on the hot seat, I have no idea if its true in the NFL world, but if the posters here are right and TB fires Gruden, of course he shoots to the top of my list with Billick and Mariucci.

Did you watch the game last night? The Jaguars absolutely quit on Del Rio. That team is playing worse than us. Del Rio's schtick (and that is all he has) has worn very thin. Unless the Jags win there last 4, he is gone!!! Billick or Mariucci would definitely be an upgrade over Jauron. But Billick's offenses with the Ravens were definitely offensive.

Call me crazy .... but .....

If the Bills are hiring next year (which I doubt), I vote for Mike Singeltary ..... hear me out ....

What this team needs now is a no BS kind of guy ..... a guy who is blatent about "play hard for this team or hit the showers". It's often said the team should take on the personality of the head coach ......... I for one WANT a head coach with a personality for a change ........ face it if we change coaches next year we are facing another mid-pack finish anyway, just once I'd like to have a team full of mean SOBs that we can build on instead of a bunch of high motor good citizens.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating a team of thugs ..... I still like the high character guys ..... I just want to see some fire.

Did you watch the game last night? The Jaguars absolutely quit on Del Rio. That team is playing worse than us. Del Rio's schtick (and that is all he has) has worn very thin. Unless the Jags win there last 4, he is gone!!! Billick or Mariucci would definitely be an upgrade over Jauron. But Billick's offenses with the Ravens were definitely offensive.

Well, they even talked about it during the game on how Del Rio is definitely secure one more year. I am not saying he makes it out of next year, but he will be the coach to start the year. The FO made the blunders and have built a team with little talent outside its RB's and O-Line on the offensive side of the ball...with the major injuries to its O-Line, the Running game has been stalled and hence the whole team. Add in the death of a teammate and the horrendous WR signings and this just is a team of very marginal talent at best and most skill positions. Because of this, he gets a pass...Owners love him there from what I hear...

Billicks offense was lacking in Balt, but he is another guy who had little to work with. Their only big QB draft was Boller who just doesnt have the talent to develop into a starter in this league. They also have been pretty poor at the WR position and seem to lose Heap for several games a year, so he never had the weapons to put out a solid offensive unit.

He did take Dilfer, who literally struggled completing a screen pass and put on some of the worst quarterbacking I have ever seen before coming to Balt, to the Super Bowl and won. In fact, Dilfer was pretty solid in the Championship game and Super Bowl. I know the D was outstanding, but you still have to have solid Offensive play and they put up a lot of offensive points in AFC Ch. Game and Super Bowl.

So, I can't just see his offense as being his fault. The front office commonly went D early in the drafts, they often had late round picks as they usually had a good record, and the few ealry round offensive play makers the FO took often missed (Clayton is ok, Boller was a bust, etc.), in fact, only Heap comes to mind that panned out (although he struggles to stay healthy). That FO was great at finding gems on the D side of the ball, not so good on the O side in the draft.

Well, they even talked about it during the game on how Del Rio is definitely secure one more year. I am not saying he makes it out of next year, but he will be the coach to start the year. The FO made the blunders and have built a team with little talent outside its RB's and O-Line on the offensive side of the ball...with the major injuries to its O-Line, the Running game has been stalled and hence the whole team. Add in the death of a teammate and the horrendous WR signings and this just is a team of very marginal talent at best and most skill positions. Because of this, he gets a pass...Owners love him there from what I hear...

Billicks offense was lacking in Balt, but he is another guy who had little to work with. Their only big QB draft was Boller who just doesnt have the talent to develop into a starter in this league. They also have been pretty poor at the WR position and seem to lose Heap for several games a year, so he never had the weapons to put out a solid offensive unit.

He did take Dilfer, who literally struggled completing a screen pass and put on some of the worst quarterbacking I have ever seen before coming to Balt, to the Super Bowl and won. In fact, Dilfer was pretty solid in the Championship game and Super Bowl. I know the D was outstanding, but you still have to have solid Offensive play and they put up a lot of offensive points in AFC Ch. Game and Super Bowl.

So, I can't just see his offense as being his fault. The front office commonly went D early in the drafts, they often had late round picks as they usually had a good record, and the few ealry round offensive play makers the FO took often missed (Clayton is ok, Boller was a bust, etc.), in fact, only Heap comes to mind that panned out (although he struggles to stay healthy). That FO was great at finding gems on the D side of the ball, not so good on the O side in the draft.

Forgot to add on Billick...he made big time players in Minn out of a old Cunningham, washed up Jeff George and a young Culpepper...so, unless he goes somewhere else and his offense (with talent) stinks up the joint, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he did the best he could with very marginal talent in Balt on the offensive side of the ball.

I'ts possible the one job Holmgren may give up his year off for is San Fran as I hear that's where he's from. Supposedly he was asked early in the year would you change your "year off" plans for the San Frna job and he didn't say no he wouldn't.

Ryan, Singletary, even Garrett; your getting another guy with no or limited experience. No BS is nice, but that only will work so long. Interestingly the Giants finally won when TC mellowed out some. Sad to say, but athletes today won't put up with the no nonsence approach.

Holmgren is automatically taking 1 year off and when and if he comes back it will be in a front office setting, not the side line.

If the Bills are hiring next year (which I doubt), I vote for Mike Singeltary ..... hear me out ....

What this team needs now is a no BS kind of guy ..... a guy who is blatent about "play hard for this team or hit the showers". It's often said the team should take on the personality of the head coach ......... I for one WANT a head coach with a personality for a change ........ face it if we change coaches next year we are facing another mid-pack finish anyway, just once I'd like to have a team full of mean SOBs that we can build on instead of a bunch of high motor good citizens.

Ryan, Singletary, even Garrett; your getting another guy with no or limited experience. No BS is nice, but that only will work so long. Interestingly the Giants finally won when TC mellowed out some. Sad to say, but athletes today won't put up with the no nonsence approach.

I agree 100% with what you are saying .... but ..... IMHO we don't need a good coach at this point, we need a guy who can turn 53 goof offs into a team.

I think Jerry Glanville was great at taking a celler dwelling group of underachievers and turning them into a team ..... however once he had a "team" it turns out he pretty much sucked as a coach. I think if Singletary could make us competitive in every game ...... not saying championchip level ...... just to the point we don't lay down for the Clevelands and San Fransicos of the world (and Jets and wounded Pat*s) then he just may have the experiance to become a good coach ......... if not ....... thank you very much ........ and we bring a coach in that can do something with a "team".

The men who can whip 53 gabonies into a team then take them to the SB are few and far between ..... Parcells ...... Lombardi .... Bellyache maybe ...... but not many more come to mind.

Without any "inside" information from Chris Mortenson...I'd say maybe 2 out of 13 could happen.

Bills promote from within and hire Chuck Lester!

Chucl Lester has been there longer than anyone. Must be ralph's son or something.