Marty Schottenheimer, Mike Sherman ...??

Chuckknox

Execution comes with being prepared in practice. When almost every player cant execute it equals one thing...poor coaching. I cant believe people dont know this. Yeah lets punt at the 35 yard line. Or hey, lets call a time out when the other teams punter had the ball in his hands. I know, lets give the QB the play with 8 seconds left on the clock. Or even last weeks game where the coaching staff should be callin plays up the middle and telling marshawn to put the ball in the center of the field for a better FG chance. Instead sweeps to the left. Freakin clueless staff. Thats basic football 101 stuff folks. Dan Marino wouldnt be able to "execute" under those conditions. Get a grip Buckeye.

For starters, saying that any part of the ST's isn't prepared is preposterous. Few teams spend as much time on ST's as the Bills. And even still, it doesn't explain Lindell missing 2-sub 40-yard FG's, when he previously made 53 of them in a row. And he's kicked a lot of FG's from the left hashmark. He needed to make those kicks, and didn't.

I can't believe someone would suggest Martyball.

Schottenheimer has a career 200-126-1 regular season record. Yeah, I'll take that anyday over what the Bills have given us in the past decade. I'd rather be frusterated at getting bounced from the playoffs 5 years in a row than from missing them completely for 10.

Schottenheimer has a career 200-126-1 regular season record. Yeah, I'll take that anyday over what the Bills have given us in the past decade. I'd rather be frusterated at getting bounced from the playoffs 5 years in a row than from missing them completely for 10.

Why? The goal isn't to merely make the playoffs; it's to get to the SB. Marty will NEVER take a team to the SB, much less win it. That is pretty much guaranteed.

And in his 5 years with the Chargers, they made the playoffs twice, despite all that talent. So it would at best be 2-3 years of playoffs, never winning a playoff game, and then he's fired and the process starts over again.

For starters, saying that any part of the ST's isn't prepared is preposterous. Few teams spend as much time on ST's as the Bills. And even still, it doesn't explain Lindell missing 2-sub 40-yard FG's, when he previously made 53 of them in a row. And he's kicked a lot of FG's from the left hashmark. He needed to make those kicks, and didn't.

We all know Lindell should have made those kicks. But would a 10-9 loss or 12-9 victory have made you feel better about the gameplan, the playcalling, the game management, the preparedness? The way it ended up was just the insult on top of the injury. This team is poorly coached and most disburingly, they are regressing in year 3. Now they aren't even taking care of business against the dog teams they've padded their losing record against the past two years.

Why? The goal isn't to merely make the playoffs; it's to get to the SB. Marty will NEVER take a team to the SB, much less win it. That is pretty much guaranteed.

And in his 5 years with the Chargers, they made the playoffs twice, despite all that talent. So it would at best be 2-3 years of playoffs, never winning a playoff game, and then he's fired and the process starts over again.

You cite Marty's track record, yet defend Jauron in spite of his.

Why? The goal isn't to merely make the playoffs; it's to get to the SB.

My goal is to be able to sit in front of the TV on Sunday and enjoy some football. I don't remember the last time I was pleased - consistently - with the effort, preparedness or all around game of the Buffalo Bills. It had to be the late 90s. So yeah, at this point I'd take Marty over what we have or over who I think Ralph would select if Jauron were fired.

10 years ago I'd be right there with you saying, "it's the SB or nothing!" but I've since mellowed and I'm just looking to enjoy my Sundays at this point. Actually, I'm not even sure if I've mellowed or if the Bills pathetic play has just beaten me into submission...

We all know Lindell should have made those kicks. But would a 10-9 loss or 12-9 victory have made you feel better about the gameplan, the playcalling, the game management, the preparedness? The way it ended up was just the insult on top of the injury. This team is poorly coached and most disburingly, they are regressing in year 3. Now they aren't even taking care of business against the dog teams they've padded their losing record against the past two years.

An fugly win is better than any loss. So while I would have been frustrated at the level of play, I would have been happy with the win and looked forward to a better-played game the following weekend.

And to answer your other post, where am I defending Jauron? I want him gone. I just don't want a guy who has shown that he can lead a team to the playoffs but never advance very far in them. I'd rather go for someone like Billick who's won a SB, or a promising newbie like Spagnuolo.

My goal is to be able to sit in front of the TV on Sunday and enjoy some football. I don't remember the last time I was pleased - consistently - with the effort, preparedness or all around game of the Buffalo Bills. It had to be the late 90s. So yeah, at this point I'd take Marty over what we have or over who I think Ralph would select if Jauron were fired.

10 years ago I'd be right there with you saying, "it's the SB or nothing!" but I've since mellowed and I'm just looking to enjoy my Sundays at this point. Actually, I'm not even sure if I've mellowed or if the Bills pathetic play has just beaten me into submission...

Amen to that brutha. I'd be happy with a well played game, but a loss for an outcome. The Bills haven't been consistently exciting to watch for a while. If I wanted to watch poorly coached, and executed ball, but witha lot of hustle, I'd go to the local high school game.

They arent making the playoffs without him there in SD and havent sniffed a SB without him...so are you sure it was Marty's fault? In fact, they have been worse every year without him...so maybe its the team and not just Marty...in fact, you can say that about every team Marty coached...he took them farther than his replacements did...so rather than say he doesnt win the big one should be more like he gets more out of less and his teams overachieve.

They arent making the playoffs without him there in SD and havent sniffed a SB without him...so are you sure it was Marty's fault? In fact, they have been worse every year without him...so maybe its the team and not just Marty...in fact, you can say that about every team Marty coached...he took them farther than his replacements did...so rather than say he doesnt win the big one should be more like he gets more out of less and his teams overachieve.

The Chargers went to the AFCCG last year, winning 2 playoff games to get there, in the first year under Norv Turner. Under Marty, they lost their first playoff game in 2004 and 2006.

The Chargers went to the AFCCG last year, winning 2 playoff games to get there, in the first year under Norv Turner. Under Marty, they lost their first playoff game in 2004 and 2006.

Really...my bad...I asked a guy here at work (I live in Los Angeles) and he is a big Charger fan...I asked him if they were better off without Marty and he said no way and that hadnt gotten as far without him as he hates Turner...I couldnt remember what they did last year...lord knows they are stinking up the joint this year though...

Really...my bad...I asked a guy here at work (I live in Los Angeles) and he is a big Charger fan...I asked him if they were better off without Marty and he said no way and that hadnt gotten as far without him as he hates Turner...I couldnt remember what they did last year...lord knows they are stinking up the joint this year though...

Yes they are. But Tomlinson looks like he's on his last legs and Turner is gone. That's a big blow to their offense.

One could argue that there is more talent there in SD now than when Marty was running the team though with additions like Chris Chambers and a more developed Rivers...so they are acheiving even less with more this year...Martys Chargers also got bumped over a missed FG one year if I am not mistaken...

I would have been exstatic with a 12-10 win!! Just win baby!! There's no style points in football.

Then we'd be in better playoff shape and looking forward to a tough game against Miami. Actually I'm still looking forward to a tough game with Miami and think we're gonna win. We need help (mostly from ourselves) but it ain't over.