The Turning Point

murra

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll always believe that the turning point was when the Bills won the coin toss on that nice and sunny day in Miami and Jauron deferred to the second half. The Dolphins quickly scored 7 points on our defense and the Bills never looked like that same 5-1 team from that moment on. It was a classic Jauron "play not to lose" conservative coaching decision, not believing in his offense, not caring to get points on the scoreboard and take it to the opponent in their first divisional game. He's a loser because he makes loser coaching decisions. It's no surprise this guy has a long history of being the head coach of losing teams.

Yes, deferring the kickoff to the second half (which by the way, we took the second half kickoff down the field for a TD) in a game where we held a 16-7 lead in the 3rd quarter was the turning point. If we choose to receive the kickoff, we obviously wouldnt have spoiled a 9 point 3rd quarter lead.

Good God, your stupidity grows daily.

Yes, deferring the kickoff to the second half (which by the way, we took the second half kickoff down the field for a TD) in a game where we held a 16-7 lead in the 3rd quarter was the turning point. If we choose to receive the kickoff, we obviously wouldnt have spoiled a 9 point 3rd quarter lead.

Good God, your stupidity grows daily.

It removed all doubt that Miami had regarding whether they could beat the mighty 5-1 Bills. That quick 7-0 lead was the foundation of the loss. It was the first domino to fall. After that deferral and the subsequent Miami touchdown, I thought they were going to lose that game even when they had the lead and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought that way. Jauron just doesn't realize that players want the ball and attack their opponent as quick as possible. However, Jauron thought it better to let his team know he had no plans on getting on top of the Dolphins and take them out of the game early. He wanted a dogfight, he got his dog fight and the dog bit him on the ass just like it did against San Francisco. You have no clue how much psychology plays into an NFL game buddy.

No one though Jax was a "crap win" when it happened. Now we can't beat crap teams like SF and Cleveland. So what's you're point?

PTR

my point is that jacksonville isn't a good team now, just as it wasn't a good team when we played them. The Texans, of all teams, just recently beat the living hell out of Jax. The proof is in the pudding. Of our 6 wins, those teams combined haven't even amassed 20 wins.

It removed all doubt that Miami had regarding whether they could beat the mighty 5-1 Bills. That quick 7-0 lead was the foundation of the loss. It was the first domino to fall. After that deferral and the subsequent Miami touchdown, I thought they were going to lose that game even when they had the lead and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought that way. Jauron just doesn't realize that players want the ball and attack their opponent as quick as possible. However, Jauron thought it better to let his team know he had no plans on getting on top of the Dolphins and take them out of the game early. He wanted a dogfight, he got his dog fight and the dog bit him on the ass just like it did against San Francisco. You have no clue how much psychology plays into an NFL game buddy.

And how many times have we deferred and won? I highly doubt that miami thought they were going to win when it was 16-7 just because Jauron deferred. It also doesn't explain why the Bills were able to take the second half kickoff and march right downfield and score a TD. Scoring to make the game 16-7 instead of 9-7 had to instill a lot more confidence than was taken away by the choice to defer.

Also, the team captains know before the coin toss before that they are going to defer. So are you saying they are demoralized from the start? Its not as if Jauron just sprung it on them after they had won the toss.

And how many times have we deferred and won? I highly doubt that miami thought they were going to win when it was 16-7 just because Jauron deferred. It also doesn't explain why the Bills were able to take the second half kickoff and march right downfield and score a TD. Scoring to make the game 16-7 instead of 9-7 had to instill a lot more confidence than was taken away by the choice to defer.

Also, the team captains know before the coin toss before that they are going to defer. So are you saying they are demoralized from the start? Its not as if Jauron just sprung it on them after they had won the toss.

It's a nice and sunny day in Miami, you are 5-1 and this is the first game against your division. Maybe I do put too much stock in this psychology stuff and how starting off the game by giving your opponent the opportunity to do what the Dolphins did became an undercurrent for the entire game, but I do happen to buy into it. Jauron doesn't lose games like this because he's the unluckiest coach ever, it's the "play not to lose" "playing in the NFL is tough" "every team is tough" "let's be cautious and not attack them" attitude that oozes into the young players brains and plays out in often too painful to watch death march losses the Bills have become so well known for these last three years.