On Jauron

BeastMode54

You're wasting your time. Big Cat sees poor execution and doesn't connect that directly to coaching. Your argument will fall on deaf ears, here.

I agree poor execution doesnt directly connect to the coaching.However i do believe your team is a direct reflection of your coaching.The team has taken on Dicks lackadazacal(sp) approach and it shows.Burning timeouts like this team does for BS reasons like 2 many men on the field,not enough men on the field,late play calling and various other reasons is unacceptable from a vetrean head coached team .Dicky hasent figured it out in 130 games in the NFL and i highlly doubt he ever will.Fire him ASAP and name Bobby April interm head coach. <_<

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's see, I didn't make the comparison to start. But this much I know, when Jauron took over in Chicago, they were coming off back to back 4-12 seasons. And when Fisher took over, he inherited a playoff team who went 10-6 and 14-2 in the years leading up to his promotion.

In Buffalo we were 6-10, 9-7 and 5-11 before he took over. Seems to me the man has knack for inheriting CRAP.

And in their fifth year, Jauron went 7-9, for a second consecutive losing season, and was released, fired, kicked off the Chicago Bears.

Fisher went 13-3, and went to the SB.

So, both coaches, in the first 5 years as being a HC:

Jauron went 35-45, and one playoff appearance where he was spanked. During that time, he produced 4 out of 5 losing seasons.

Fisher went 44-36 with a SB appearance. During his time, he produced ONE losing record, 3 break evens, and 1 winning record.

Jauron MAY have a knack for inheriting crap, but it has become obvious he only has the ability to add to it.

And in their fifth year, Jauron went 7-9, for a second consecutive losing season, and was released, fired, kicked off the Chicago Bears.

Fisher went 13-3, and went to the SB.

So, both coaches, in the first 5 years as being a HC:

Jauron went 35-45, and one playoff appearance where he was spanked. During that time, he produced 4 out of 5 losing seasons.

Fisher went 44-36 with a SB appearance. During his time, he produced ONE losing record, 3 break evens, and 1 winning record.

Jauron MAY have a knack for inheriting crap, but it has become obvious he only has the ability to add to it.

Based on the bolded statement, it's useless comparing him to Fisher. Adding to the crap? Hardly. Turning it into gold? Absolutely not. As it turns out, the coaches who do have a tendency for turning crap to gold make it to the HOF. Are Bills fans like you so needy that HOF caliber coaches are all that can satisfy you?

Based on the bolded statement, it's useless comparing him to Fisher. Adding to the crap? Hardly.

Why not? What evidence do you have that dictates otherwise?

Turning it into gold? Absolutely not. As it turns out, the coaches who do have a tendency for turning crap to gold make it to the HOF. Are Bills fans like you so needy that HOF caliber coaches are all that can satisfy you?

Are you fugging kidding me?! Unlike you, I want a winner. I just cannot settle for mediocre. If that's being "needy", than I'm needy.

No wonder you are willing to stick up for Jauron. You are quite happy accepting failure. You got your wish. I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

Are you fugging kidding me?! Unlike you, I want a winner. I just cannot settle for mediocre. If that's being "needy", than I'm needy.

No wonder you are willing to stick up for Jauron. You are quite happy accepting failure. You got your wish. I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.

Do you remember the 2004 and 2005 seasons? Do you remember the 2005 draft?

He's made a clear effort to improve this team by gutting the expensive washed up cancerous scrubs who were brought in during the dying days of Donahoe/Murlakery, and the turnaround we're looking for won't happen overnight. Atlanta is an anamoly this year, and I said over the summer, if you want me to look it up and post to it I will, that Miami- ESPECIALLY- after they signed Pennington was a dangerous team. So don't tell me the ship should have been righted by now. It's clearly on course.

I love how you substituted HOF coach with winning coach. I didn't say winning coach- the average winning coach doesn't turn turds to gold. Evidently, I have to repeat that point.

grab an umbrella, because you're about to encounter a "the coach picks the roster" hail storm.

Nevermind the fact that said roster was basically whiped completely clean and rebuilt THREE YEARS AGO.

Not counting the kicker and the punter ELEVEN players are left over from the Donahoe era. Of those 11 are finger in the dyke players: Denney, Kelsay, Losman, Preston and the marginal (at best) Roscoe Parish. The other SIX contributing players are: Evans, Reed, McGee, Greer, Peters, and the now injured Schobel.

That leaves five non-kickers that have played and contributed greatly this year who were not brought in by Jauron.

Rome wasn't built in a day, folks.

Have some fuggin patience. We all knew that reset button was slammed down in 2006, now let it play out!

What on earth are you talking about? Things have played out and our record under Jauron is 20-24. Hardly close to being a playoff team. This team has no mental and physical toughness, and even less playmakers. We are solid at RB and CB. Our O line has the potential to be good if we can find a center and some depth at right guard. Our receivers are TERRIBLE. And we do not have a number one tight end. Worst of all is we have collectively about the worst group of QB's in the league. We need a leader who can make plays and TE is not it!!! Our front seven has NO studs. Stroud and Mitchell are OK, but do not dominate games. And our safeties do nothing. This team has won games because our special teams has usually dominated. But that will not get you to the playoffs. We need upgrades at WR, TE, C, QB, DE, DT, S, and LB. Enough said about how talented this team is.

What on earth are you talking about? Things have played out and our record under Jauron is 20-24. Hardly close to being a playoff team. This team has no mental and physical toughness, and even less playmakers. We are solid at RB and CB. Our O line has the potential to be good if we can find a center and some depth at right guard. Our receivers are TERRIBLE. And we do not have a number one tight end. Worst of all is we have collectively about the worst group of QB's in the league. We need a leader who can make plays and TE is not it!!! Our front seven has NO studs. Stroud and Mitchell are OK, but do not dominate games. And our safeties do nothing. This team has won games because our special teams has usually dominated. But that will not get you to the playoffs. We need upgrades at WR, TE, C, QB, DE, DT, S, and LB. Enough said about how talented this team is.

What on Earth are YOU talking about? I'm not saying what you've written here isn't true, but what have you said contrary to my point that we've literally rebuilt the roster in under three years?

What on Earth are YOU talking about? I'm not saying what you've written here isn't true, but what have you said contrary to my point that we've literally rebuilt the roster in under three years?

They rebuilt much of the roster to what effect?

BTW, who were all these "cancerous scrubs" that you are referring to? Kelly Holcomb? Takeo Spikes? Lawyer Milloy? London Fletcher? Sam Adams? Willis McGahee? Holcomb retired and Adams is out of football, but all the rest of these guys are still playing in the NFL. And none have shot themselves in a NYC night club.

Do you remember the 2004 and 2005 seasons? Do you remember the 2005 draft?

He's made a clear effort to improve this team by gutting the expensive washed up cancerous scrubs who were brought in during the dying days of Donahoe/Murlakery, and the turnaround we're looking for won't happen overnight.

Replacing "expensive washed up cancerous scrubs" with under performing and/or overpaid free agents and rookies is not improving the team. Replacing "old crap" with "new crap" is still CRAP.

Atlanta is an anamoly this year, and I said over the summer, if you want me to look it up and post to it I will, that Miami- ESPECIALLY- after they signed Pennington was a dangerous team. So don't tell me the ship should have been righted by now. It's clearly on course.

Horsecrap. Pure, unfiltered horse manure. I could care less when you said the Dolphins were a dangerous team, you completely do not get the concept they are a dangerous team WITHIN 1 YEAR after they pushed the reset button.

Even if Atlanta is the hiccup, what does that make Baltimore? And Washington?

And how do explain Eric "Half Wit" Mangini leading the division, and in position for a second playoff appearance?

You are so caught up in "excuse" making you cannot see the big picture.

Here is the big picture for you: There are teams in the NFL doing just as good or better than Bills with less experience, less talent, and/or in less time.

I love how you substituted HOF coach with winning coach. I didn't say winning coach- the average winning coach doesn't turn turds to gold. Evidently, I have to repeat that point.

HOF "caliber" coach is a coach that knows how to win and win consistently. Otherwise, they would not be a HOF "caliber" coach.

Therefore:

HOF "caliber" coach = winning (or winner if you prefer) coach.

Suffice it to say, a coach that can only generate one winning season out of 7 (and now possibly 8) does NOT fall under this category.

So, yes. I am greedy. I am needy. I want a HOF "caliber" coach (winning). I want my team to win this year. I want them to win next year, the year after that, and the year after that, etc ...

Meanwhile, you think 1 winning season out of 7(8) is sufficient. You are defending it to the end.

You got what you wanted. Just think. The Bills could conceivably end up 6-10. You must be overjoyed.

I love how you like to cherry pick the part of his career none of us know enough to speak wisely about. <_<

I'm in Chicago and liced through the entire Jauron Episode. Not pretty.

Take all of the subjectivity out. Look at the numbers with him as coach in Buffalo mand Chicago. Not very good. Hard to spot any track record or progress that suggests Jauron can lead this team to a playoff victory ever.

I'm in Chicago and liced through the entire Jauron Episode. Not pretty.

Take all of the subjectivity out. Look at the numbers with him as coach in Buffalo mand Chicago. Not very good. Hard to spot any track record or progress that suggests Jauron can lead this team to a playoff victory ever.

Lincoln Station or Delilahs?

Ive never liked the hire of DJ for the Buffalo Bills, I excepted it cause I trusted my team would make the right moves. But honestly, DJ gives me no faith what so ever as a HC. I dont see him turning my team into a playoff team. He had his chances being 5-1 to start the season then all of a sudden we are 6-6 and in a free fall. I blame the coach for that.

Do you think Jauron is the ONLY problem we have?

We can trot out the same laundry list of rationalizations as this past off-season though.

• They haven't had enough time to get it done.
  • Dick has never coached a team with any talent.
  • Dick isn't the GM and therefore must have no input on draft day.
  • The team just had too many names on IR to overcome.
  • The offensive coordinator sucks.
  • Trent is a rookie second year guy and can only get better.
  • It's all JP Losman's fault. Whatever "it" is.

Nope. But I think a big chunk of our problems are caused by him, either directly or indirectly.

The key there is "I think." There are many problems, including a coach that may or may not be what each side thinks, a meddling owner and subpar talent. Which came first- the chicken or the egg- all any of us can make is an educated guess

This team is not only poorly coached, it has little to no talent.

The WRs are small, there's no TE to speak of, the OL is mediocre, the DEs are nonexistent, the LBs are over-rated. About the only position on this team that's a strength is the one they've consistently drafted: DB.

Not a winning recipe.

And why do we take your word for it. I think that you are dead wrong on the talent issue thing. There are plenty of, as others have posted, small very productive WR's, and Evans may not be huge, but I would not classify him as small.

We do need a tight end, but how many teams have great tight ends, and how critical are they to their success? Tight

Ends are overrated in todays game. We do have a critical starting linebacker on IR, and several other non-starters are

currently injured. I will go along with you on the poor coaching, but this team does have talent.

And why do we take your word for it. I think that you are dead wrong on the talent issue thing. There are plenty of, as others have posted, small very productive WR's, and Evans may not be huge, but I would not classify him as small.

We do need a tight end, but how many teams have great tight ends, and how critical are they to their success? Tight

Ends are overrated in todays game. We do have a critical starting linebacker on IR, and several other non-starters are

currently injured. I will go along with you on the poor coaching, but this team does have talent.

There is some talent on this team, but it has been assembled with no rhyme or reason. We have a running back that is a straight ahead runner, but we can't zone block with our line which is supersized. We have pretty good slot receivers, but a lack of talent on the outside. Our right tackle and center aren't adequate. We have skill at linebacker and in the secondary but one of the lesser d-lines in the league.

We keep changing QB's and coaches because of terrible drafting and a meddling owner. Its like baking a cake instead of doing your homework- its illogical

The biggest one!

Based on what- he is having the same problems we fired our last 2-3 coaches for. Funny, we keep doing the same song and dance over and over again without addressing the actual problems