Season Tickets

nmas3

Okay I live in VA and I am thinking about getting season tickets next year. Now I will not be able to make it to all games because of the distance about 10 hours. I have family in Albany that I could probably sell the tickets to when I dont go. I guess my question to season ticket holders, how far do you drive to get to the games? And am I crazy for wanting to buy tickets when I am so far away? Any input would be helpful.

10 hrs is a bit much. maybe hit 3 games a year? Thats what I do, I live about 3 hours away and hit 3 games a year. The cost of gas would be a killer for you, I know the prices have gone down for now......but if you hit bad weather that trip turns into a nightmare. Like my Monday Night game did. Some rough weather on the way home and it took me 5-6 hours to get home for a 3 hour drive.

Okay I live in VA and I am thinking about getting season tickets next year. Now I will not be able to make it to all games because of the distance about 10 hours. I have family in Albany that I could probably sell the tickets to when I dont go. I guess my question to season ticket holders, how far do you drive to get to the games? And am I crazy for wanting to buy tickets when I am so far away? Any input would be helpful.

Go to 2 or 3 games & then sell the rest of your tickets on ticket exchange. The money you make from that will probably cover your season tickets. I sold my jets tickets on their & I got $150 a piece for them. Face value I think was $70. If you do this you really should be able to recoup most of the money you spent on season tickets.

I have seasons and live in Baltimore as well. I went to every game last year and have only missed the NYJ game this year. I highly recommend getting seasons, because even if you only go to two or three games, you can likely make money off of selling your tickets, or you can give them to family/friends. And the trip ain't so bad if you've got good company with you.

If I were you I'd do what my brother does. He has season tickets but he can only make it to 2-3 games a year, so he just sells the remaining tickets on ebay and actually makes a sizeable profit off of it. He does the same for Sabres games and all in all, he makes a few thousand dollars. Of course, the system only works if the venues are selling out.

If your life/work schedule allows you to make the drive for a couple of the games, then do it. If you can make four games or more than it's worth it. Otherwise it's not.

I have seasons. This is my second season and I freaking love it. No regrets at all! Best investment I've made. I only have to travel about an hour from my house to Orchard Park.

reselling your tix depends a lot on how the team is doing and when you sell.

I sold my browns tix - $45 face value for $67 the week of the game. If I had sold a month earlier I could have gotten $100+.

As long as people are optimistic in August and the bills don't really blow it down the stretch you shouldn't have too much trouble getting rid of them....

I have had season tickets for 15 years- we stay for the weekend in OP>

The drive is about 7 hours to stadium from where we live in NJ. To us it is worth the drive (and we do stay for free) because the alternative is the Jets or Eagles.......BOO!

reselling your tix depends a lot on how the team is doing and when you sell.

I sold my browns tix - $45 face value for $67 the week of the game. If I had sold a month earlier I could have gotten $100+.

As long as people are optimistic in August and the bills don't really blow it down the stretch you shouldn't have too much trouble getting rid of them....

Damn, I sold my Browns $45 face value for $67 each too. No joke. That's crazy.

I have had season tickets for 15 years- we stay for the weekend in OP>

The drive is about 7 hours to stadium from where we live in NJ. To us it is worth the drive (and we do stay for free) because the alternative is the Jets or Eagles.......BOO!

Do you make it for every home game?

Im from CT this is the first year I bought season tix im going to make 5 games this year I ate the preseason game and it appears im going to eat the 49ers tix cause I had to work this weekend and there has been a flood of tix on the exchange it takes me about 6 to 61/2 hours to get there usually stay the night before. I think in the future im going to do 1 a month gets expensive when there is alot of games in 1 month. Fans from the area think im crazy. I think theyre lucky. Made alot of new friends this year up there. always looking for people to share the ride. :)

i live in tennessee and used to have season tickets. i wish i still did at times. i obviously went to more games then but you can always buy tickets from any number of sources. if you want to talk about a long haul after a game in bad weather that post about five or six hours is nothing.

I am a season ticket holder that also lives in VA. I go to 3-4 games a year. I have only driven once in the last several years. I can usually pick up direct flights from BWI or DCA rather affordably when I shop way ahead. The cost of gasoline, as well as the length of the trip, also contributes to considering the cost of flying. The tickets I sell on ebay, etc. for the games I will not be attending pay for the cost of my flights. Usually, I fly up on Sat morning and return after the game on Sunday night. Then I avoid all traffic problems along the beltway. Note that this scenario works for home games prior to flex scheduling at the end of Nov. and any Sun/Mon night games (not many of these for the Bills). So most of the games we attend are prior to fthe end of Nov as we can shop for flights early.

Yeah I was thinking about 2 or 3 games a year. I was thinking I would go Sept through Oct maybe first part of November.

I don't know your job but i would try to tickets that are around holidays--vets day etc. you can make a nice relaxing drive home. I use to drive home to poughkeepsie aftr games--it wasn't very fun.