Let's freeze the 'fins!!!

BLZFAN4LIFE

I think it was the 2003 season when Miami cam up here on a snowy day in December, and someone pointed out to me - you know, the ironic thing is that Miami might be better equipped to win a cold-weather game than the Bills are.

Sure enough, our Drew Bledsoe pass-first offense struggled to get anything going in the snow, while Ricky Williams ran all over us for a big win by the Fish.

I think we're in a similar situation right now. The Bills with Trent Edwards are a pass-first, good-weather team. The Miami Dolphins with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams as well as Chad Pennington are a run-first smash-mouth football team. Sad to say it, but I think that wind and snow would be a decided advantage for Miami in this one - so I think we got a lucky draw of the schedule to have this game in a Dome....

JDG

Movement is on to open the roof.

Get 'er done! It's the right thing to do. Why neutralize a Bills advantage? There's no way in hell that the atmosphere in TO will come close to that of RWS, so at least make the fish deal with the elements.

I agree, let's freeze those B'tards. At least it will seem like a true home then. Those sun lovers should get a taste of The Great White North! Hell Yeah :)

I think it was the 2003 season when Miami cam up here on a snowy day in December, and someone pointed out to me - you know, the ironic thing is that Miami might be better equipped to win a cold-weather game than the Bills are.

Sure enough, our Drew Bledsoe pass-first offense struggled to get anything going in the snow, while Ricky Williams ran all over us for a big win by the Fish.

I think we're in a similar situation right now. The Bills with Trent Edwards are a pass-first, good-weather team. The Miami Dolphins with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams as well as Chad Pennington are a run-first smash-mouth football team. Sad to say it, but I think that wind and snow would be a decided advantage for Miami in this one - so I think we got a lucky draw of the schedule to have this game in a Dome....

JDG

Funny you should mention that because the year before in a snow storm Vicky Williams ran for over 200 and Bleedslow threw for over 300 in a Buffalo win.

Funny you mention that game when the Bills were a 6-10 team and the Dolfelons were 10-6 :) Also in that game, Bobby Shaw was the Bills top receiver :D . In both games, Travis Henry provided ok to above average running game.

However, you do bring up a good point about the current incarnation of the Bills v the Dolfelons.

I'm so glad they are petitioning to open the roof cause it is definitly going to give the Bills the advantage in the game!

A few short weeks ago this looked like a crucial division game with playoff implications. Now it's just 1 of 4 "play out the string" games. The only thing at stake is if Dickie J can pull off 1 win to reach his beloved goal of 7-9. Toronto can have this run for the bus game. :blink::thumbsup:

You're probably right - I probably thinking of the 2002 game.

Unfortunately, we may have witnessed a rerun of a different 2003 game this week - the 12-10 loss to the Houston Texans that sent us spiraling to a 6-10 finish after an 8-8 year, that really spelled the end of Gregg Williams' tenure here. If the Bills finish 8-8 or worse this year and Jauron is fired at season's end, this will be the game that did it....

JDG

I agree, let's freeze those B'tards. At least it will seem like a true home then. Those sun lovers should get a taste of The Great White North! Hell Yeah 0:)

Yes...this would be a great idea....considering our California QBs wilt at the sign of a snowflake and our idiot coaching staff likes to keep the ball out of the hands of our bruisin' MADE FOR THE ELEMENTS running back.

No offense guys, but if they opened the dome, the Bills would be kept to 3 points again. Advantage: Dolphins.

Open it when Buffalo is on defense and then close it when the Bills are on offense. I think it takes like 20 minutes to close the dome so start closing the dome when the Bills D first takes the field, this way it will be fully closed by the time Miami has an 11 play drive and scores with some wildcat crap. OR keep it open and get Turk on the Observation deck of the CN tower so he can get an even better view of his offensive play calling. Go Bills, ugh. 0:)

Not gonna happen, even if they get 100,000 signatures....

from the article....

As novel as their proposal might be, the petition won’t pry open the roof, said Adrian Montgomery, spokesman for Rogers Communications, one of the game’s hosts.

One problem in the event of snow or rain is the field’s lack of a proper drainage system, Montgomery said. Another factor: the roof is locked in place after baseball’s Blue Jays end their season.

Oh, and Josh Reed is not a true Bills player, a true Bills player would never mention he'd want to play indoors in December...

"Hell no. Are we not human?" receiver Josh Reed said. "We might get an edge, but I think I can probably speak for a few players on this team that I'd rather play indoors."

What kind of Garbage are they trying to feed us? Locked in place???? WHAT!?!?! C'mon...even if it were "locked", how long would it take to "unlock it". Please, you might as well just say we're not opening it "because". Let's face it, Rodgers is doing this because hew wants the "fans" attending to be all cozy...this has nothing to do with helping the Bills win, which it SHOULD be about. SCREW T.O!

How could anyone who's watched this team play for the last month want the dome opened?

I believe it's the same contingent of people who believe Dick Jauron is a good head coach and provides "stability" to the franchise.....

How could anyone who's watched this team play for the last month want the dome opened?

No doubt. This team never practices outdoors unless it's nice weather. The Bills teams that actually had a cold weather advantage had one because they were used to playing in nasty weather...because they practiced in it