Scott at Linebacker

K-Gun10

Scott getting linebacker reps

By Chris Brown - Posted November 26th, 2008

It’s not the first time that safety Bryan Scott has been getting linebacker reps in practice, but this week the chances of seeing Scott lined up at linebacker might be much more realistic if Keith Ellison’s absence is injury related.

Ellison was absent at practice Wednesday, with details expected to be provided later in the afternoon.

Teddy Lehman would be the first linebacker off the bench in such a situation, but he suffered a hamstring injury last Sunday and is not practicing. So Scott is the temporary starter replacing Ellison.

The trickle down effect will put George Wilson again as the starter at strong safety.

Once there is word on Ellison’s situation we will better know the likelihood of Scott being at linebacker for Sunday’s game.

Tags: Bryan Scott, George Wilson, Keith Ellison, Teddy Lehman

Scott sure can tackle. He likely will be a third down speed type of linebacker. I really like when they use him as an extra safety to cover tight ends. We could also consider letting this guy go as a speed rusher off the edge in the mold of coy wire.

Teddy who?

As far as next year goes, I think the Bills' problems at LB aren't about not having enough standout players - Poz and Mitchell are a solid duo - it's about how awful the depth chart gets so quickly. They're paper thin! We need to bring in some solid veterans who can give us some breathing room.

Teddy who?

As far as next year goes, I think the Bills' problems at LB aren't about not having enough standout players - Poz and Mitchell are a solid duo - it's about how awful the depth chart gets so quickly. They're paper thin! We need to bring in some solid veterans who can give us some breathing room.

i think the depth was fine this year - when you lose one of your starters, your top backup, and a rooke who was being counted on for a big special teams contribution of course your going to appear "paper thin" there.........take 3 players off any unit and it will look thin

Teddy who?

Amen. Last year Coy Wire was forced to play LB. This year's safety turned LB is Bryan Scott.

You have to wonder who's doing quality control on the roster they put together. Granted there were injuries to DiGiorgio, Buggs, and Bowen, but none of those guys were in a position to be starting OLB's this year. And furthermore, none of them weigh more than 225 pounds. After Posluszny, Crowell, and Mitchell I don't think Buffalo had another spot starter LB on the roster.

C2C is a nice accounting term, but it limits the amount which can be spent on depth players. The result since it's been implemented is razor thin depth. At this point, I don't think there's anything on the street free agent market because this is a problem which should have been resolved back in March.

Amen. Last year Coy Wire was forced to play LB. This year's safety turned LB is Bryan Scott.

You have to wonder who's doing quality control on the roster they put together. Granted there were injuries to DiGiorgio, Buggs, and Bowen, but none of those guys were in a position to be starting OLB's this year. And furthermore, none of them weigh more than 225 pounds. After Posluszny, Crowell, and Mitchell I don't think Buffalo had another spot starter LB on the roster.

C2C is a nice accounting term, but it limits the amount which can be spent on depth players. The result since it's been implemented is razor thin depth. At this point, I don't think there's anything on the street free agent market because this is a problem which should have been resolved back in March.

i think it has less to do with C2C and more to do with the fact that the bills value having guys who excel at special teams in those backup spots (see corto and costanzo, and stamer and haggan before them)

i think it has less to do with C2C and more to do with the fact that the bills value having guys who excel at special teams in those backup spots (see corto and costanzo, and stamer and haggan before them)

Well, if they value a side of the ball which is on the field no more than 10 percent of the time over depth on defense, so be it. Last I checked they're back to playing backup safeties at LB. How many teams do that year in and year out?

Stamer and Haggan were both 240 plus anyway.

Well, if they value a side of the ball which is on the field no more than 10 percent of the time over depth on defense, so be it. Last I checked they're back to playing backup safeties at LB. How many teams do that year in and year out?

Stamer and Haggan were both 240 plus anyway.

not saying i agree with the philosophy.......just showing the way they historically handled it

the fact of the matter is if they hadn't lost 4 LB's to injury this year (ellison would be a 5th - and he is the reason scott is seeing snaps at LB) no one would be complaining about the depth

Scott getting linebacker reps

By Chris Brown - Posted November 26th, 2008

It’s not the first time that safety Bryan Scott has been getting linebacker reps in practice, but this week the chances of seeing Scott lined up at linebacker might be much more realistic if Keith Ellison’s absence is injury related.

Ellison was absent at practice Wednesday, with details expected to be provided later in the afternoon.

Teddy Lehman would be the first linebacker off the bench in such a situation, but he suffered a hamstring injury last Sunday and is not practicing. So Scott is the temporary starter replacing Ellison.

The trickle down effect will put George Wilson again as the starter at strong safety.

Once there is word on Ellison’s situation we will better know the likelihood of Scott being at linebacker for Sunday’s game.

Tags: Bryan Scott, George Wilson, Keith Ellison, Teddy Lehman

For future reference, we don't need those tags, it's unneccessary, so don"t bother..