FLA gay adoption ban determined unconstitutional

Via Miami Herald

Florida ban on gay adoptions ruled unconstitutional

The FLA AG is going to appeal it, and whichever way the Appellate Court rules it will probably get heard in the Florida Supreme Court. In any event, one more brick in the bigot wall appears to be coming down.

Just wondering when the Constitution started taking rights against folk.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adoptees to homosexual families suffer many, many times the rate of abuse of other children, and their relationships are likely to last an even shorter amount of time than normal couples.

An easier argument to understand is that kids should have parents of both genders to learn from.

If gay marriage is passed and I were to marry my straight best friend for his excellent health care and then pay him 2000 dollars to make it worth his while, then can I adopt a teenage daughter too? Hopefully a blonde one.

Im not gay or a pervert, but you can see the problem here. Of course it isnt constitutional. Marriage meant straight people back then too.

That is not to say that i do not like gay people or wish them ill will in any way. Society has to be able to make these kind of judgments or else things fall apart (worse than now).

So I suppose you would be against single people adopting as well?

And that scenario you mention...couldn't you pay a woman 2,000 dollars to marry you and then adopt a teenage blonde? What does this example have anything to do with homosexuality?

I like the use of words like "could" and "probably". So the brain thing tries to explain why men are homo's but what about butch dikes? What about the 'pitchers? Did the lisp develop when their brain grew? I didn't see that addressed. I don't have a beef with you Steeley, but the FACT is that there is currently no proven scientific data that proves this is a genetic trait. It just may turn out to be so, but can we agree that at this point there is no scientific evidence that proves this to be the case?

Unlike McKinley, I'm not calling you names for your belief. I may be wrong in mine, but my belief is based on the old fairytale that everyone here loves to discount and until mankind proves that it is genetic, I'll believe what I believe.

Remind us again about how you have an overweight lesbian sister and how that makes you an expert please.

Remind us again about how you have an overweight lesbian sister and how that makes you an expert please.

Little man, unlike you I don't suck d*ck so I can't claim to be an expert in the field.

By the way, I find your campaign against me amusing. You probably got your azz beat down by a Marine or other service member for spewing your schit, didn't you?

C'mon now, come clean internet tough guy. :thumbdown:

Little man, unlike you I don't suck d*ck so I can't claim to be an expert in the field.

By the way, I find your campaign against me amusing. You probably got your azz beat down by a Marine or other service member for spewing your schit, didn't you?

C'mon now, come clean internet tough guy. :D

Are you sure you don't? Not many straight men use the term "azz" or emoticons.

Go fuc# yourself?

:D

:lol:

To answer your last question first- Who the Eff knows? I explained a personal story in another thread about my sister, but to be clear, I don't necessarily think her situation is the norm. What makes a man prefer a dudes behind over the snapper is way beyond my level of comprehension. I do understand a lesbian wanting snapper though :lol: Just kidding.

Look, I think we can agree to disagree on this. I have a friend from high school who lives here in San Diego who was gay and got kicked out of the Navy for it. In fact, he was over for dinner two weeks ago. He has shunned the homosexual lifestyle and for the record, he isn't a religious person (so don't go trying to blame this on religion). He now says he is asexual. I really don't get into depth about his sexual orientation because it really isn't an issue for me. He's a good dude and that's the bottom line.

Regarding the lisp, my personal experience is with a buddies brother who we hung around for years. While he might've felt gay his entire life, he didn't 'develop' a lisp until he came out of the closet to his family and friends. And boy does he have a lisp! That to me is a psychological thing that homosexual men do to broadcast that they're gay. I just find it amusing how this suddenly develops.

:lol:

A gay guy kicked out of the Navy!! That can't be true! If they kept doing that the ships would be empty! I worked with a guy that in two seconds you knew he was gay and he did a full term in the Navy and was honorably discharged.

So there is no scientific evidence that homosexuality is a natural physiological phenomena. OK. Can someone link me to the all the scientific evidence that heterosexuality is a natural physiological phenomena then?

Science can't explain why I am sexually attracted to women any more than why homosexuals are attracted to the same sex. Survival of the species, you say? OK. Then why are some people naturally sterile? Why are some people asexual?

As researchers discover more about the brain and how it works in concert with the myriad of hormonal and other systems in the body, I'm confident they'll discover the answers. In the meantime, seems to me to be a no brainer. With the billions of cell divisions, electro/chemical balances, and myriad other things going on in our bodies at any given time during our development, it's a good possibility that there will be natural deviations from the "norm".

To answer your last question first- Who the Eff knows? I explained a personal story in another thread about my sister, but to be clear, I don't necessarily think her situation is the norm. What makes a man prefer a dudes behind over the snapper is way beyond my level of comprehension. I do understand a lesbian wanting snapper though :huh: Just kidding.

Look, I think we can agree to disagree on this. I have a friend from high school who lives here in San Diego who was gay and got kicked out of the Navy for it. In fact, he was over for dinner two weeks ago. He has shunned the homosexual lifestyle and for the record, he isn't a religious person (so don't go trying to blame this on religion). He now says he is asexual. I really don't get into depth about his sexual orientation because it really isn't an issue for me. He's a good dude and that's the bottom line.

Regarding the lisp, my personal experience is with a buddies brother who we hung around for years. While he might've felt gay his entire life, he didn't 'develop' a lisp until he came out of the closet to his family and friends. And boy does he have a lisp! That to me is a psychological thing that homosexual men do to broadcast that they're gay. I just find it amusing how this suddenly develops.

Just a simple question, since you seem to believe that homosexuality is a choice. At what point did you yourself choose to be attracted to women over men?

Just a simple question, since you seem to believe that homosexuality is a choice. At what point did you yourself choose to be attracted to women over men?

That belies the question though... since human nature is ordered to the opposite sex for reproduction, how can an intrinsically disordered action be the product of human nature without some degree of choice?

I'll make a prediction, which is already beginning to emerge, but hasn't hit a crisis yet, namely that the Chinese will have an explosion in homosexual activity in the next 20 years as less women will be available through forced sterilizations and abortions. It's already happening to a small degree, but when it expands I'd love to see all the apologists.

By the way, the person who cited the American Psychiatric Association as a legitimate source of normalized conditions of the mind failed to leave out the APA always considered homosexuality a mental disorder until 1973. The same APA that reversed their decision on homosexuality based on no scientific evidence, also said that men and boys who have sexual relations, including sodomy and oral sex, can be permitted as long as the child does not disagree with being sexually assaulted. The APA has lost credibility.

I'm willing to say that a genetic disposition may lead people to be tempted to homosexuality, but in it's core it's a choice as many former homosexuals are happily married, and many heterosexuals are now homosexuals. How anyone could ignore that fact, that people who were heterosexual become homosexual, is enough evidence that homosexual activity is not strictly genetic in all cases and to assume that it does denies the evidence.

As far as the argument of labels and "homophobia" race and gender are genetic and define the person, homosexuality is an action and does not define anyone. Many of the idiot debates miss this distinction as actions cannot be put at the level of substance. One's sexuality is not indicative of one's person. Debating an action is not the same as playing race or gender cards. Any attempt to do so shows how shallow the argument runs.

Conner's link on the debate of homosexuality is a perfect distinction of understanding the argument.

I didn't state that I'm certain its not hereditary. I have not seen evidence from any of the posters that can prove that it is. At what point in your life did you decide you like pizza? Have you ever acquired a taste for a type of food that you didn't used to like? Choosing to eat or not eat that food is a behavior isn't it?

I may be a crazy nut, but I believe it is a sin based on my wacky Christian beliefs. But, sin is sin. I don't consider it a greater sin than other sin, but "it is what it is".

I didn't state that I'm certain its not hereditary. I have not seen evidence from any of the posters that can prove that it is. At what point in your life did you decide you like pizza? Have you ever acquired a taste for a type of food that you didn't used to like? Choosing to eat or not eat that food is a behavior isn't it?

I may be a crazy nut, but I believe it is a sin based on my wacky Christian beliefs. But, sin is sin. I don't consider it a greater sin than other sin, but "it is what it is".

Well, yes you are a crazy nut. That's OK though, as you are entitled to your religious beliefs. If you believe being gay, or engaging in same-sex sexual activity, is a sin, my advice to you is "don't engage in same-sex activity, and give thanks to your God you aren't gay."

But, your religious beliefs shouldn't be turned on others who have different beliefs...that's when religion becomes a weapon of evil, IMO. I certainly don't expect that I have the right to stop people from doing things that I don't believe in, or think that they should be excluded from the freedoms and activities we all enjoy, because I don't believe in/condone/understand their practices.

Well, yes you are a crazy nut. That's OK though, as you are entitled to your religious beliefs. If you believe being gay, or engaging in same-sex sexual activity, is a sin, my advice to you is "don't engage in same-sex activity, and give thanks to your God you aren't gay."

But, your religious beliefs shouldn't be turned on others who have different beliefs...that's when religion becomes a weapon of evil, IMO. I certainly don't expect that I have the right to stop people from doing things that I don't believe in, or think that they should be excluded from the freedoms and activities we all enjoy, because I don't believe in/condone/understand their practices.

What he said. :devil:

Define a right, tell me where it comes from, and how rights can be legitimately protected. When you are finished you can continue with your pillow-munching defence. Homosexuality isn't just immoral, it's disgusting, and anyone who defends it would have been imprisoned such non-sense 200 years ago. Now the pendulum has swung, anyone who promotes liberty and morality is seen as an enemy. You are tools to your own distinction where rights will be eradicated because you don't think hard enough, or deeply enough to think where they come from and the only means to defend your rights. Rights are not license, and license is not liberty. Rights come from morality, and all rights are predicated from morals.

Here's an example... Someone dies from someone else actions. The question is no longer a question of death, but what was the intent of the person who committed the act. Intention, and the moral knowledge of what they did determines all law and the punishment attributed to that breaking of law.

You cannot separate morality from a right anymore than you can separate light from the sun. Most of the feeble-minded responses have never come up with anything insightful. Why not point out what a right is and show me the historical understanding of their view.

You don't have to understand homosexuality, but ask yourself is it intrinsically order to it's act like a man and a woman? Because it is intrinsically disordered it lacks the fundamental understanding of whether or not it can be a right.

Define a right, tell me where it comes from, and how rights can be legitimately protected. When you are finished you can continue with your pillow-munching defence. Homosexuality isn't just immoral, it's disgusting, and anyone who defends it would have been imprisoned such non-sense 200 years ago. Now the pendulum has swung, anyone who promotes liberty and morality is seen as an enemy. You are tools to your own distinction where rights will be eradicated because you don't think hard enough, or deeply enough to think where they come from and the only means to defend your rights. Rights are not license, and license is not liberty. Rights come from morality, and all rights are predicated from morals.

Here's an example... Someone dies from someone else actions. The question is no longer a question of death, but what was the intent of the person who committed the act. Intention, and the moral knowledge of what they did determines all law and the punishment attributed to that breaking of law.

You cannot separate morality from a right anymore than you can separate light from the sun. Most of the feeble-minded responses have never come up with anything insightful. Why not point out what a right is and show me the historical understanding of their view.

You don't have to understand homosexuality, but ask yourself is it intrinsically order to it's act like a man and a woman? Because it is intrinsically disordered it lacks the fundamental understanding of whether or not it can be a right.

Ok, Mensa. Who's ideas of morality should be legislated?