How I wish we went after Brees 2 years back...

deep2evans

I'm an avid fan of Big Ten football and he was one of my favorite guys, coming out of Purdue and all. I knew he was a solid QB but all the "experts" could talk about was how he's 5' 11". Just goes to show that height doesn't actually mean all that much for a QB.

It's funny, I thought he was going to be phenomenal in the NFL, and I thought Orton for the Bears would be solid but not great.

The guy is right up there with Manning and Brady regarding his command of the offense.

Lee Evans' numbers would be off the charts with that guy.

With our O-line two years ago he would have been sacked a lot and had no running game. We'd still be trying to rebuild other areas.

Give Trent a chance. He's doing all right. Peyton Manning wasn't made in a year either.

I'm an avid fan of Big Ten football and he was one of my favorite guys, coming out of Purdue and all. I knew he was a solid QB but all the "experts" could talk about was how he's 5' 11". Just goes to show that height doesn't actually mean all that much for a QB.

garcia,,,delhomme,,,both short

The guy is right up there with Manning and Brady regarding his command of the offense.

At the time, I wouldn't have supported a decision to sign him. It looked his pro career was over. Well, he proved everybody wrong.

Brees is a great front runner. He definitely distributes well, but he has not shown an ability to come from behind to win especially in the forth quarter. My awareness of this was heightened by a radio yahoo here in San Diego during the Brees v Rivers debate. For the remainder of that season he had multiple opportunities to come back late and failed every time. Not often, but every time. I don't watch as many of his games now, but the ones I do see are no different. Earlier this year I heard a commentator say that Brees was just the kind of guy you want for a late comeback and I laughed out loud just before Brees was picked off ending the opportunity and losing the game. Same ol' Brees.

With the protection he'd get here, I have to seriously doubt he'd be playing now anyway.

I agree. Bad weather, lousy OL not withstanding, having Brees in his third year in Buffalo would be a hell of alot better then Edwards in his second right about now.

Because of his INJURY!!! Nobody but the Saints wanted to take a chance! Where were you when that happened? :thumbsup:

That's not true either. Several teams wanted him and the Saints were the only team to offer him a fat contract.

I was on record for wanting Warner after the Rams on another message board. Oh well...

Don't forget who drafted him. AJ.

Think Mr. Smith would have drafted JP?

C